[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
These Ghosts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: hmazKMc[1].png (785 KB, 1088x1400) Image search: [Google]
hmazKMc[1].png
785 KB, 1088x1400
>shuppet and duskull both float, but only duskull has levitate
>banette and dusclops do not have levitate
>however, despite floating, dusknoir does not have levitate

>shuppet and duskull, and banette and dusclops, have the same base stat totals
>however, dusclops got received an evolution, while banette got a mega evolution
>despite this, dusknoir's base stat total is less than mega banette's

>they'll probably give dusknoir a mega evolution anyway so it has a reason to be used over eviolite dusclops
>>
>>26493213
>using eviolite dusclops over dusknoir
>using either
I cringed.
>>
Oh yeah also Banette is supposed to be born from a possessed doll that was thrown away. . . So then where does Shuppet come from?

You hurt my autism, Gamefreak.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 190x153) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 190x153
>>26493232
That has always pissed me off god damn game freak
>>
>>26493232
>>26493270

Those are myths and superstitions about them, not necessarily true to their biology. Same for Yamask and Spiritomb, etc. Ghost-type Pokémon aren't actual deceased souls, just creatures with an afinity for spiritual energies and places.
>>
As a kid I thought Shuppet and Duskull are version-exclusives.
>>
>>26493230
>what is nu
>>
>>26493304
I'm pretty sure they were in Ruby and Sapphire.
>>
>>26493296
Proof? I hope you're right, anon.
>>
>>26493296
seemed like richard first but he wouldve only said bla bla the shit is cannon
>>
This is why I hate that Flying is a type and Levitate an ability.

Flying should just be called Wind/Air type and removed from things like Butterfree that just have the type because they can fly (but have very little Wind/Air related powers).

Then, just like they added the Physical/Special split, they should start classifying Pokémon individually as "Able to fly/levitate", "Able to swim", "Able to move on land", etc.
>>
>>26493307
What are you trying to say? That they're usable in NU? I guess.
Dusknoir is more viable than Eviolite Dusclops though.
>>
>>26493320
in yugioh and digimon its called wind type lol
>>
>>26493213
you forgot the fact that every sngle one of them is a worthless, irredeemable shitmon
>>
>>26493312
It's headcanon actually, but it makes sense.
I've always felt that a lot of Dex entries, not just Ghost types' have a very "it is said that..." tone to them.
>>
>>26493230
>Singles
Dusclops is easily one of the best TR setters in doubles.
>>
>>26493357
that doesn't make any sense. There's no point in putting lore in a game that is totally untrue.

People say shit like the pokedex entries don't make sense when the concept of turning organisms into energy doesn't make sense. Sending 10 year olds out into the wilderness to fight wild animals doesn't make sense, etc, etc. Nothing about the franchise makes sense but you want to arbitrarily draw the line at dex entries.

Whose to say hat this isn't an alternate universe where the only earth animals are humans and indian elephants and the sun is actually much hotter, so slugma isn't as hotin comparison or something?
>>
>>26493415
>There's no point in putting lore in a game that is totally untrue.

I never said they're totally untrue, just probably exagerated.

For example, maybe Shuppet and Banette are creatures that feed off childhood memories and sorrows and are found in dumpsters and abandoned houses near old toys, and people started associating them with those and from there you can see what happens.
>>
>>26493232
Shuppet possesed the doll and became Banette
>>
>>26493213
Why didn't M-Banette get Tough Claws again?
>>
>>26493466
Because her claws look soft~
>>
>>26493320
all of that is retarded
>>
>>26493452
>>26493415

Actually scratch that, maybe they're not just around the places, but possessing the dolls just like Rotom and Trubish is "possessed" trash.

The dolls become their boddies and they start being able to reproduce with the same materials, so Shuppets are already born with their own fabric body.
>>
>>26493320
I totally agree with most of your post, but removing the FLYING type from a butterFLY Pokemon? Come on anon, I'd love for it to be bug/psychic too but it's a flying insect.
>>
>>26493232
Shuppet is the ghost that possess the abandoned doll.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.