[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Gale wings now works only on moves with 60 bp or less >Stealth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: ROCKLAAAAAAAAAATE.png (149 KB, 720x534) Image search: [Google]
ROCKLAAAAAAAAAATE.png
149 KB, 720x534
>Gale wings now works only on moves with 60 bp or less

>Stealth rock only takes the one type with the highest damage potential into calculation, capping at 25%
or
>The damage from rocks is halved along with the galewings fix

Fixed?
>>
>stealth rocks does 12.5% damage to grounded enemies and 25% damage to floating enemies regardless of typing
>stealth rocks still does 25% damage to enemies that would otherwise be floating if gravity is in effect

Literally fixed.
>>
File: Sneaky Pebbles.png (188 KB, 1724x638) Image search: [Google]
Sneaky Pebbles.png
188 KB, 1724x638
>>26492319
>I can't into spinners, defoggers or teams that don't get murdered by sneaky pebbles/bravest birb: the post: the revenge: the reckoning: the revelation: electric boogaloo
>>
>>26493756
>Nothing ever should be considered for revision, and everyone that brings it up has no skill
>>
>>26492384
That's not bad anon
>>
>>26492319
What about acrobatics OP? 55 BP (*2)
>>
>>26492319
none of that is true

op is trolling
>>
>>26493942
There is sufficient counterplay, you're just being a whiny shitter (much like every "B-BUT TALONFLAME" and "B-BUT SNEAKY STONES" crybaby.
>>
>>26493963
The check occurrs after the final bp total is decided, like technician
>>
>>26494149
Huh I didn't know that's how it worked
>>
>>26494059
Here we go again :^)
Suggesting any possible changes immediately leads to these types of arguments.

Stealth rock requires only one turn of setup compared to spikes, does more damage than spikes, is only negated by one ability and no type matchups, hits already underwhelming type combos with maximum power, and has a bigger learnpool than defog and rapid spin combined, but nah. Ignore all of that and accuse everyone that says something about it of running only butterfree and mothim at a sub 1200 elo.
>>
>>26492319
Just change Talonflame's HA to Reckless or Rock Head
>>
First SR change is fine, second I don't like. It would likely see barely any use if it only did leftovers damage when neutral and doesn't do a whole lot to deter switching. >>26492384's idea is better than both, though, I wouldn't mind that at all. Also don't really care if SR doesn't get changed at all, it's not broken or anything but I do feel the distribution is too high.
>>
>>26495364
I'd go with Unburden, for maximum Acrobatics potential. Just make like Hawlucha and give it a Sitrus Berry. If the Rocks don't activate it for you, just use Substitute a couple times and try to get a swords Dance in if you can. Acrobatics sets are way more fun than Brave Bird.
>>
Adding to this I thought it would be nice if Hailstorm worked a little differently than other passive weather damage.

>Ice still immune
>Resists (either 2x or 4x resisted) take 3% damage
>Neutrals take 6% damage
>2x or 4x weak to Ice take 12% passive damage per turn

Then add some kind of Ability that would make "Hail sweepers" viable. Hail Rush or whatever. Hail Force.
>>
>>26494256
Other fun things that stop Stealth Rock:
Taunt
Magic Coat
Magic Bounce

You can also minimize the amount of damage it does by not being a dumbass and building a team that isn't completely weak to it.

But no, you're right. Just bitch and moan and maybe John Gamefreak (who browses the boards btw) will hear your crying and nerf the big bad mean rocks for you.
>>
>>26496050
All three of those require a predict.
>>
>>26496102
A huge part of the game is making predictions. What's your point?
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 420x590) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 420x590
>>26492319
>>26492384
>>26493942
>>26494256
>Cry babby can't handle pesky stones. Babby demand rocks go
>>
Rocks aren't going, Charizardfags, stop posting
>>
>>26496050
>>26496126

This, >>26496102 , which you full and well know is near impossible to predict or inconsistent with even the best bouncers and taunters.
Things like garchomp and Lando can run fully offensive sets that threaten all of the known bouncers and most taunters on the switch all while carrying stealth rock to use on your switch into a more powerful wall, which is why they're so highly used.

Swords Dance Chomp can destroy anything unresisted mon under its speed tier, even M-Sableye, the best Bouncer, after a single boost and SR as it switches.

Landorus can do that as well or even run scarf or band to wear your team down with U-turn until it has an opportunity to SR.

Also everything you listed applies to spikes and any non damaging move ever.

Come on, man.
>>
I feel like sneaky pebbles would be balanced if rock types were immune and cleared them on switch in like Toxic Spikes
>>
>>26492319
We get stealth rocks/Spikes in every element in Gen 7. Rule change you can only have 1 elemental layer up at a time. Game fixed?
>>
>>26499093
No.
>>
>>26493996

It's hypothetical, you moron.
>>
>>26496126

Well perhaps the game would be more fucking good if it was about strategy rather than just wild "predictions" all the damn time?
>>
>>26494059

Gale Wings is broken shit and you know it. Same with Mega Kangaskhan. But you faggots will defend it anyway because "muh Smogon".
>>
>>26497250
Make that Rock and Steel types.
>>
IMO the best balance would be a drop in base damage to 10% to bring it in line with spikes and avoid 2hkoing double weak mons, and introducing alterate typing versions that are mutualy exclusive with the original and each other, making having a rock weakness less of a major issue.
>>
>>26501671
I dont think that will happen anytime soon. In fact, I dont think that will happen at all.
>>
>>26501671
Thats why you assemble your team to complement with each other. Isnt that a strategy?
>>
>>26501687

Whilst I agree, I still don't like it.

>>26501692

To a point, but there are so many damn variables that it just gets a bit ridiculous, and the more Pokemon and moves they create, the more variables are added. It's already a mess, but eventually, it'll be impractical. They need to redesign the system even if just a little.
>>
>>26496129
(You)
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.