[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 68-The Musketeers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
Last time was Volcaronamed, today we finally reach Gen 5's legends, starting with the Musketeer quartet, Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and Keldeo.
My thoughts: Outside of the Tao trio, Genesect and Meloetta, Gen 5 is regarded as having the worst designed legends by many. Personally, I also thought that at first, but they eventually grew on me, starting with the Musketeers. For recap, these 4 hooved Pokemon are each based on a character from the legendary fictitious French warriors:
>Cobalion=Athos, the leader
>Terrakion=Porthos, the muscle
>Virizion=Aramis, the effeminate one
>Keldeo=D'Artagnan, the newest member and pupil
It's not subtle, but an interesting concept nonetheless. Designwise, I'm gonna admit that I like them, especially Cobalion, who was once called the worst designed of them all. I don't know if that still stands since whenever these guys are brought up, the hate is mostly directed towards Keldeo for "muh mlp". I know Terrakion is the fan favorite, and Virizion is never talked about. Competitively, I admit I've never used them for a long amount of time. I only know that Terrakion is the comp. favorite.

Overall, they might not be my favorite legends, but I still like them in the face of all the hate and indifference they get.
>>
>>26492232
Cobalion and Terrakion look cute for some reason.
>>
>>26492232
They're shit.
I don't hate the idea of a fighting type trio that defended pokemon in the past. Their typing is interesting and the quadruped thing is okay.

I fucking hate their faces. And their whole bodies, I don't understand what's going on and why. If they wanted to have a sword motif they could've done so much better.
In a generation that brought us some of the best bugs, ghosts and new designs, why did this unholy mess have to follow?
>>
Meh.
>>
>>26492232
They just didn't even try.
>>
>>26492232
muh... muh typing
>>
File: 1358897248591.png (64 KB, 249x350) Image search: [Google]
1358897248591.png
64 KB, 249x350
I really like Virizion. I think the boot motif works the best on it.
>>
>>26492232
Kind of shit. Horrible at presenting the swordman aspect. Hate their feet too, especially Cobalion's.
Worst of all is that they completely fail to evoke the legendary feeling, nothing about them feel mysterious or awesome.
If I had to pick one it would probably be Terrakion.

Also competitively I think you're stuck in gen V. Keldeo is by far the most common of them now.
>>
Keldeo is the best one and I hate it's design.
>>
>>26492232
I dislike their designs very much. They were so bad they pissed me off when I first encountered them from the sight of them.
>>
>>26492538
this, but I feel the same about gen 7's starters. It's like they are so fixated on their ideas that they forget to have a design that doesn't look so shit
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.