[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will they ever make a better anime?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: origins3.jpg (144 KB, 675x380) Image search: [Google]
origins3.jpg
144 KB, 675x380
Why won't they make an animated series with a great protag who doesnt lose all the time? Which has a great not-childish plot, and some really nice animation.

I know Pokemon is a children show, but why stop there? They certainly know we, older fans, exist, since they're counting on our nostalgia, like with RBY that came out on de 3DS.

I Just think pokemon has a lot more potentional than the stinky animated series they have now. I liked Origins, but it was way too short. Will they ever acknowledge us and make this great series?
>>
>watching anime
>>
>>26490688
>playing videogames
>>
>>26490688
just think they could make a great show if they target audience wasn't 12 year olds
>>
>>26490697
No, Pokemon is shit in general, it doesnt need a great show because will be shit
>>
>>26490716
what are you doing on /vp then?
>>
File: pigeon.jpg (28 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
pigeon.jpg
28 KB, 640x480
I'm sure the writers have considered the mature route many times, but decided pokemon should always be a kids show since that how it's always been and it gets the viewers.
They wouldn't fix what isn't broken I guess.
>>
>>26490677
>thinking Origin was any better than the regular anime or even on par with its current series
Oh, Squirtle bit Charmander and it screamed, so mature! :^)
>>
File: 0798675789.jpg (92 KB, 721x508) Image search: [Google]
0798675789.jpg
92 KB, 721x508
>>26490677
>stinky
>>
>>26490677
Origin is shite
>>
>>26490677
But why charizard....?

Every other version of red picked Bulbasaur #001
>>
>>26490677
But they have.

Its called Pokemon XY. Best Pokemon anime ever made.
>>
>>26490789
Because it was laser-focused on pandering to genwunners while throwing in a gen 6 nod via mega evolution to get them to buy XY, and it worked.
>>
>>26490738
>>26490766
i agree, origins is not what i had i mind, it just came close i guess. I liked the battle animations better, like the HP- bar and things like that. It's just more similar to the games. I'd just like it if they made a more mature pokemon series without all the: "Oh i'm letting you go butterfree, cuz your my bestest friend"
I need more tactical battles and a hardcore story
>>
>>26490677
>Origins
>good
Pick one
>>
>>26490677
t. Has not watched the anime for 15 years

Also, origins was a charizard shilling shitseries with a Red with more plot armor and less brain than fucking Ash.
>>
>>26490802
>it worked
It didn't. Origins was considered a failure.
>>
Somebody post that webm when Ryhdon OHKO jolteon with thunderbolt
>>
>>26490808
>"Oh i'm letting you go butterfree, cuz your my bestest friend"
That's not a bad thing though? That episode dealt with the very important theme of doing what's best for others even if it's not what you want to do. It'd actually be great if the anime had more episodes like this, instead of team whatever capturing whatever for the whatever time and ash/x2-3 sidekicks stopping them
>>
>>26490866
Silly anon, mature people treat their animal companion as tools only.
>>
>>26490866
It has had lots of those episodes in XY. Just look at the latest one

https://youtu.be/Nwfg9zWTUbM
>>
>>26490874
I'm not going to watch an entire 20 minute episode just to discuss this, but the problem with the anime (and I'm referring to what I know of it - parts of the kanto and johto seasons) wasn't so much the themes it handled, but how repetitive it was with its outcomes and the shallowness with which it handled some of those themes.
>>
>>26490866
>>26490874

I rewatched the first pokemon series and when i was halfway through it, team rocket was irritating as fuck. How could they keep that up all the way to the XY series? Make up something new damnit
>>
File: 1460736732804.webm (3 MB, 400x236) Image search: [Google]
1460736732804.webm
3 MB, 400x236
>>26490864
>Origins
>>
>>26490885
Definitely stay away from XY then.
>>
>>26490677
>great not-childish plot
>in anime series targeted on literal kids
are you unironically retarded or just pretending?
>>
>>26490894
>Snorlax eye beams
Every time.
>>
>>26490903
What is that attack ?
>>
>>26490885
It's a children show to advertise for a children game, for fuck's sake. What the fuck are you expecting?
The current XY anime is fine as it is.
>>
>>26490906
i thought it was hyper beam, could be wrong
>>
>>26490885
As an example of a really cool fucking anime episode which I doubt they ever did again: The one where ghastly poses as a maiden before ash and his team board the ss anne
>>
ya'll dumbasses need to realise XY is currently airing, maybe give it a look instead of shitposting.
>>
>Main character is only good if they win all the time
>>
>>26490677
>not-childish plot
>doesn't lose

You don't know what plot is, therefore, you are a child, therefore shut up.
>>
>>26490907
And what's being discussed on this thread is why the current anime is fucking shit and why they should make one aimed at older fans

And that's not even a valid complaint. Digimon had a similar target audience back in the day (maybe not so much now) and the anime was better than pokemon in every aspect. Have you ever watched its third season? Pokemon would never do anything like that.
>>
>>26490913
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd-VYoTCzO4
>>
>>26490808
>POKEMON HAS TO BE A GAME

THEN PLAY THE GAME AND STOP WATCHING SOMETHING THAT ACTUALLY HAS TO MAKE SENSE.
>>
>>26490919
>>26490922
Just let the protag be a more intelligent guy. Someone who knows the tactics and can use several moves together on the battlefield to strategically ko its opponent. losing is okay, as long as the protag learns from it, or as long as it is part of the plot
>>
>>26490889
The Team Rocket trio apparently went all serious and mildly threatening in BW, and that received negative feedback.
>>
>>26490923
I don't give a fuck about Digimon. I'm just saying XY is fine as it is and you have shit taste. That's it.
>>
>>26490940
Are you retarded? You literally described Ash's trademarks.
>>
>>26490940
>shitposting
>>
Origins had potential, but so did the main anime.Consistent character development, older characters cameo more often, Ash doesn't forget everything he learns when he goes to a new region, do Best Wishes entirely differently- and it would be okay.
>>
>>26490949
If all you want to do is say I have shit taste, then ok, you win, you're right and I was wrong. Congratulations!
>>
>>26490677
>I liked Origins
Origins is worse than the anime. Ash frequently uses and wins with Pokemon other than Pikachu rather than Red with his team of Charizard and a bunch of fodder.
>>
>>26490952
No anon, countershield, Iron Tailing the ground, gaining altitude to make a downward strike stronger don't count because I said so.
>>
>>26490923
I don't disagree with your overall point, but I probably wouldn't use the third season of Digimon as a standard for anything, it was the way it is because the guy who directed that series is kind of a nutcase.

Also word of warning for trying to get into any kind of critical discussion on what the anime could be- these threads always get flooded with people who can't handle any sort of criticism whatsoever of the Pokemon anime. They'll always use non-arguments like "it's fine the way it is", "let's see you do better", or perhaps their favorite is to ask for you to justify your opinion, and after you do, they'll dismiss everything you say instead of addressing any of your points or call you a "shitposter".
>>
>wanting a serious story set in the pokemon world
I bet you're the type of retard who thought the BW Games were a masterpiece.

Pokemon as a concept doesn't lend itself well to a good story at all, and you're massively massively autistic for thinking it should.

Take the kids show or keep whining over something you will never get.
>>
>>26490957
Origins cut out too much while keeping pointless shit in. There's barely any decent fights, and it spends WAY too much time focusing on Charizard.
>>
>>26490902
>what is Avatar the last air bender?
>>
>>26490961
Why not?
>>
The XY anime is good though. Quite fucking good in fact.
>>
>>26490975
They tried to make it as close to a real child's play through of Pokemon.
>>
>>26490978
He's sarcastic
>>
>>26490965
The thing is that people like you say the anime is shit for this or that reason, then you ask for something that would be great in the series, and it just happens that this thing already exists in the XY(&Z) anime. But you cannot admit "becuz its teh Ashnime lelz" so you start shitposting. So, after a while, we also get tired of the same repeating shit.
>>
>>26490980
It isn't. It's actually worse than the Original Series because there's nothing left to do with Ash anymore.
>>
>>26490940
That IS what they do. Pay attention.
>>
>>26491008
Very bad B8
>>
>>26491008
>muh nostalgiafaggotry
>>
>>26490965
What's the problem with the third season though? It might get crazy but that's why it's so good.

And yeah, I noticed. I don't come on /vp/ much, but some of these people are just complete drones. There's no way you can seriously defend the pokemon anime in its current form.

>>26490966
>Pokemon as a concept doesn't lend itself well to a good story at all
I don't see why it doesn't? The mystery dungeon series has consistently good plots. Similar franchises (digimon) have had good plots too. Why wouldn't it work for pokemon?
>>
>>26490885
>I'm referring to what I know of it - parts of the kanto and johto seasons
In other words, you haven't watched any of the FOUR most recent series?
I'm not really sure why you think your opinion applies to those.
>>
>>26491014
No argument? You're just going to say I'm baiting? I guess I'm right then.

Show me a single moment in the entire XY series where Ash develops as a character or learns something meaningful that he hasn't already learned before in past series.
>>
>>26491020
Why would I not be able to seriously defend the current Pokémon Anime?
>>
>>26490940
I know Ash can be stupid at times but when he is battling he is usually quite fucking intelligent.

OS and BW need not apply.
>>
>>26491018
>crying nostalgiafag
The mark of a dumbshit.
>>
>>26491007
Case in point: >>26491020
>There's no way you can seriously defend the pokemon anime in its current form.
>>
>>26491022
Literally yesterday's episode, as already linked to in the thread: >>26490874
>>
>>26491022
I'm sure if I point them out you will be able to quickly counter with exact moments that are similar in the roughly 800 episodes that existed before XY?
>>
>Ash's lose one match
>"why can't they make Ash's win?"
>Ash has a winning streak for 1.5 year and it's only broken because he lost to a guy that beats elite 4 members https://youtu.be/DmoccfoLFeQ
>he almost beats the champion https://streamable.com/x0xw
>"why do they make him win everything?"

Fucking retards
>>
>>26491021
>In other words, you haven't watched any of the FOUR most recent series?
>I'm not really sure why you think your opinion applies to those.
Because, despite what you might think, my dear shitposter, the anime really hasn't changed much from the point of view of an outsides who will sporadically read a bit about the new episodes. I don't care if you think it's totally very completely much different now because Ash has a Greninja instead of a Charizard. It's still the same fucking thing it's been for the past odd 20 years.

>>26491024
Maybe "defend" wasn't the right word, but there's no way you can genuinely believe that there's no room for (a lot of) improvement.
>>
>>26491022
>Only the MC counts
Stale, I know you've run out of baits because the anime demolished the last thing you could shitpost about with the latest episode but you should really stop doing this shit. What YOU think isn't what everybody else does, and Satoshi was a shitty MC in the first season. Go back to watching your shitty harem anime, the MCs there are the exact same.
>>
>it's another "I haven't watched the anime in 1 years but I wish it was more like this description of what it's been like for years" thread
Never change, /vp/
>>
>>26491039
Of course there's room for improvement, but XY is an improvement on practically everything the anime has previously done, so I'm not sure why you think it's a problem.
>>
The anime could have been good, but they decided to repeat the same shitty structure like they did in games. I havent' seen anime since i was a kid, but I remember that characters like Gary and Geovanni were interesting, they had carisma. It wouldn't be difficult to fix it, but it seems that they're already happy with the audience
>>
>>26491039
Is this nigga retarded? You don't judge shit you have literally no clue about. It's the most retarded shit you can do. Educate yourself.
>>
>>26491049
>I havent' seen anime since i was a kid
>still writes a post claiming to know what it's like
Stop
>>
>>26491049
Well, considering the anime is an advertisement for the shitty games, it's logical it would follow the same structure.
>>
>>26491050
Did you miss the part where I said I sporadically read bits about the episodes?
I'll concede that, at least from the little bit I just saw in >>26491036, it does seem better, but it's still not as good as it could be
>>
>>26491020
We're talking about a series where 10 year olds are sent out into the wild, where they catch weird monsters in weird balls, and use those monsters to fight other monsters to test their strength and win badges. Are you seriously dumb enough to believe this premise lends itself to a strong plot? Are you 10 years old or something?

The whole idea of Pokemon was based around the Gameboy; because you could fit it into your pocket, you could leave your house and trade and battle with all your 10 year old friends using a link cable, vicariously living the life of a real trainer. It never lent itself to an anime, and the only reason one even exists is to promote the games. You'd realize that if you weren't a dumbshit.
>>
>>26491056
I've seen some chapters, and along with the opinions of other people I think it still has the same shitty structure.
>>
>>26491065
>but it's still not as good as it could be
Let's hear you out.
>>
>>26491065
Admitting to judging a show based on sporadically reading occasional tidbits about it doesn't really make your argument any better.
>>
>>26491034
That's not true development, it's forced development because he's been through that before, several times. You'd know that if you actually watched the OS.

>>26491035
and it would be a perfectly valid argument.
>>
File: 1460933059362.gif (848 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1460933059362.gif
848 KB, 500x281
>>26491076
>forced "something"
You're so easy to spot, stale.
>>
>>26491071
You could also form your own opinion Anon
>>
>>26491065
That is no ground to judge shit. Jesus, is this board filled with underageb8 and uneducated idiots?
>>
>>26491080
>being this assmad
>can't even counter it

Never change shitposter
>>
>>26491083
Don't care, keep watching your kids show like the miserable manchild you are. Doesn't bother me.
>>
>>26491089
Well, to be honest, there wasn't anything to counter in my post. It's stale, so anything he posts is instantly shit by definition. That's it. There's no room for discussion about this, it's an accepted fact.
>>
>>26491034
I liked yesterday's episode, but what part of it wasn't already something he's learned a million times before?
>trust your Pokemon
>don't lose your cool
He's learned these kinds of lessons before, multiple times in fact. Maybe if it was a different character it'd be acceptable, but they have chosen to go with Ash for 20 years. You can develop a character for a really, really long time and try keeping it fresh. Spiderman comics for instance had Peter Parker develop for a really long time- it didn't always get it right but his character was always growing (until the idiotic One More Day story, but there's a reason that's one of the most hated stories in all of comic books).
>>
>Why can't the anime be more like this?
>You literally just described what it is like now. Have you even watched any of XY?
>No

How many times have we had this thread?
>>
>>26491095
>Doesn't bother me.
That's why you always come shitposting in the /padt/, right? :^)
If it truly didn't bother you, you wouldn't even come to the threads.
>>
>>26491107
I just love seeing you so assmad. You're a shitposter. That's what you're suppose to make other people feel. Not yourself.
>>
>>26491111
I haven't posted in that thread for 2-3 months because it's full of dumbshits like you.

>:^)
case and point.
>>
>>26491122
>I would never lie on the internet
>>
>>26491119
It seems you don't know what a shitposter is, that would explain why you're gleefully unaware of your own hypocrisy. Pretty stupid.
>>
>>26491130
Keep going. Just makes me kek harder.
>>
>>26491124
Again, don't care. Whine about the boogeyman some more, it'll help you feel better about your insecurities over being stupid.
>>
>>26491122
So if your opinion on people that watch the anime is
>keep watching your kids show like the miserable manchild you are
why were you posting in that thread some months ago in the first place, and why are you acting like you not wanting to post there due to "dumbshits" is supposed to be a negative?
>>
>>26491095
>calling someone out for watching kids shows
>on a board for a video game for kids
>>
>>26491138
No real need, you've proven your stupidity already.
>>
>he's actually this assmad
>he gives out free (You)s

You're so easy
>>
>>26491084
Yes, i have it. The story follows the same plot in most of chapters, I think that's the main problem of the anime. For example,
>Team rocket want to stole x pokemon. Ash doesn't recognize them until they reveal themselves. They lose.
They have had plenty of time to make something more interesting. Giovanni had potential, and Team Rocket should have other plans than wanting to stole x thing
>Each chapter dedicated to a new poke
>>
>>26491145
Because I wanted to discuss the OS, as it had just been streamed by some anon on instasync, only to find that anyone who discusses the OS is labeled a shitposter by autists like yourself.

Trust me, the boogeyman myth is fake, there's more than one person who thinks you're a dumbshit.
>>
>>26491162
Giovanni was literally in an episode like 10 episodes ago talking about his problem with Team Flare and zygarde formes you idiot.
>>
>>26490677
>with a great protag who doesnt lose all the time
>he's literally only watched the last 3 episodes of XY&Z
please go killu yourselfu
>>
OS was shit episodic with barely average animation, lots of stillframes and speedlines, awful fillers, cookie cutter game battles, disrespect for type advantage when plots demands it, stupid as fuck MC with the charism of the average crybaby, shitty tsundere, sidekick with no personality and so on.
>>
>>26491147
It's not strange for adults to play the games. There's certainly an element of strategy that can be enjoyed to a certain degree.

The anime not to much. It's the same stories and character arcs being regurgitated in slightly different ways, but different enough to fool idiots like you into continuing to watch it every week.

>>26491159
More than happy to oblige, you're still stupid, and most certainly underage at the end of the day.
>>
>>26491176
I don't even go there, I was pointing out the obvious flaw in your argument.
And again, I'm fairly sure nobody considers some guy that thinks everyone watching a show is a miserable manchild not wanting to post in a thread about that show is a loss.
>>
>>26491199
Trust an underager to only notice the superficial qualities while completely failing to understand its strengths.
>>
Is battling literally all any of you do? You bash people online and run endless calculations on what is more effective than what over and over? Something you don't even need the game itself for? And you lord yourself over everyone as the hardcore gaming master race, with aspirations of convincing everyone that you're right all the time?
>>
>>26491176
You can watch and discuss OS as much as you like. I don't think anyone who's watched the anime think it's bad.

But when you just say "current anime is bad because reason" when you haven't even watched it, of course people will get angry.
>>
>>26491214
Funnily, that's also what you do with XY.
>>
>>26491204
>I don't even go there
Yeah you do.

>is a loss.
Don't care.
>>
>>26491214
>I will call him an underage, that will surely show him

Pathetic, not him btw
>>
File: 1461369611075.gif (2 MB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
1461369611075.gif
2 MB, 320x320
>>26491186
>Look, Giovanni appeard in a chapter talking about the twentieth evil team of the series!
>>
>>26491200
>strategy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>26491199
The saddest part is 'lots of stillframes and speedlines, awful fillers' applied all the way to BW.

XY seems to have been given more budget as this stuff has gone down a lot. Speedlines are very rare now, you can count the time they have been used on one hand I think.

The amount of awful fillers has gone down to. Sure there are still a lot of fillers, but a lot of them have tried to shy away from 'meet COTD > encounter problem > TR attack > end'
>>
>>26491228
Then watch when he takes TR to unova and takes control of the genies. Jesus, fucking retard.
>>
>>26491217
>You can watch and discuss OS as much as you like
No, you can't. You're only allowed to discuss it when subs come out, otherwise you're labeled a shitposter. Never touching that shitty thread again.

I have watched episodes of the current season and I have made my arguments very clear for why it's uninteresting, stupid and boring, but rather than see an intelligent counterargument, people just whined about me being a shitposter.
>>
>>26490677
https://my.mixtape.moe/imrbqt.mp4
>>
>>26491222
No, and you yourself can't even argue on behalf of XY. It's just not that good.

>>26491227
Oh, you certainly are.
>>
>>26491233
I only came back for XY after stopping around Johto as a kid because shit was boring. And it's actually very entertaining. Of course, we do have some shitty fillers (XY&2...) but we mostly have great and very entertaining ones that deal with the characters and develop tem (Eureka fillers in particular).

I'm not saying XY is perfect, I'm saying it has finally made the anime acceptable to people other than nostalgiafags or crybabies that self-insert as Satoshi.
>>
>>26491244
You sure sound like someone people are truly mourning the loss off alright.
>>
>>26491232
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
It's pretty clear you're underage with a braindead hyperbolic post like this, but the game certainly does have strategy. It's not the most complex strategy, but it's pretty stupid to suggest there isn't any.
>>
File: Screenshot_20160527-161828.png (705 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160527-161828.png
705 KB, 1440x2560
>>26491249
Nice try retard
>>
>>26491244
Well, from the looks of it, you can't seem to "discuss" OS without making baseless comparisons to it and the current anime and how the current anime should improve when you haven't even watched it.

Don't be stupid.
>>
>>26491244
Because there are no arguments to be held with someone who has made his mind. You can only hold an argument if someone is willing to accept actual facts. Said facts are that the current season is better animated, with better colors, it actually has mini-arc that use the many characters and tries to form a whole thing instead of doing episodic shit only that barely holds together and other stuff like this.
>>
>>26491260
You think that's strategy? Then you think putting a square peg in to a square hole is strategy.
>>
>>26490894
>leaf blade
>gen 1
???
>>
>>26491244
You're doing a hilariously bad job making the thread look like the problem instead of yourself.
>>
>>26491291
Yeah, behold the anime that people say to be better than the current XY, all this because it uses chuuni life bars and shit to cater to gamefags.

And I still need an explanation has to how a Rhydon can OS a Jolteon with an Electric attack.
>>
>>26491296
Whatever helps you sleep at night, autist.
>>
>>26491330
>I will call him stupid, that will show him

You must be 18 to post here
>>
>>26491312
>off-topic comparison
Whatever, we are talking about Pokemon here. Are you seriously that backed into a corner that you must use another anime to back your shit taste?

>How is this good? If it were well-executed, you could use that, but how is it well-executed?
Oh no my little boy, we've already been over this in the anime thread a few months ago when people took the time to explain to a no-brainer like you why XY60 was a godlike episode that is better than OS01. I'm not going to repeat anything, you just wouldn't hear it.
>>
>We believe in a world ruled by children and all the creatures are our playthings and they all have Cabbage Patch snuggling to make babies and everyone is stupid except for us because the world revolves around us
>>
>>26490808
I just want a series which keeps the focus on the main characters. Almost every episode has the same episodic, recycled plots of "This pokemon can't do something properly! This person/pokemon has become lost/separated! These two sides aren't getting along!" Good grief.
>>
>139 posts
>31 posters

Either this thread really has a dedicated shitposter or somebody with severe autism. Same thing really
>>
>>26491378
Of course there is. Spot who it is and win a prize!
>>
>>26491371
How many years has it been since you last watched it? It's developed past that kind of plots now.
>>
>>26491384
This guy >>26491388
?
>>
>>26490677
This is the anime this franchise deserves. Stop pretending these children videogames are some kind of masterpiece that deserve a anime-kino or whatever.
>>
>>26491393
>It's developed past that kind of plots now.
It hasn't, and the last episode proved this.
>>
>>26491388
>it's okay to draw idiotic parallels because I say so
Sure.

>It sounds like you're very insecure over being labeled underage.
Especially when I have actually watched OS back when I was a kid and I still have the VHS of the first 2 episodes that was sold back then, along with the 2 VHS of the Orange League. But hey, please, be more mistaken, it doesn't change anything about what I'm saying, nostalgiafaggot.

>not everyone who's opinion conflicts with yours is the same person
A person that shits on XY and always holds the same "arguments" while opening showing that said person is not watching the anime in question? Shit! It matches completely! Must be a different person!
>>
>>26491434
>idiotic parallels
Explain how it's an idiotic parallel then? You were trying to argue how having mini arcs is better than a pure episodic format, so I mentioned Cowboy Bebop, a great anime with an episodic format, questioning how you perceive it. As it is, you've resorted to deflection, because you realize your stupidity will be further exposed if you try to explain.

>Especially when I have
Don't care.

>A person that shits on XY and always holds the same "arguments"
Arguments you're clearly not smart enough to understand or form a strong response to.

>opening showing that said person
Even your terrible punctuation is showing.

Yeah, it's pretty clear you're a stupid person.
>>
>>26491393
I watched a few episodes of the dreaded dub. One episode had a random breloom and Ash's noibat fighting over a floette. A few episodes before had a similar love story involving a random quilladin fighting with Serena's pancham over her eevee. Both cases had Team Rocket bringing the two sides together.
>>
pokemon xy is just dp but bigger.
>>
>>26491467
The latter of those is probably considered the worst episode of XY yet, and the other one isn't exactly a fan favorite either. You chose some bad episodes.
>>
File: wot.png (121 KB, 250x418) Image search: [Google]
wot.png
121 KB, 250x418
>Main anime has better, longer battles
>Main anime has a better soundtrack
>Main anime's world isn't copypasted from the games (remember origins' vidirian city)

>Origins is better
>>
File: imcia.png (563 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
imcia.png
563 KB, 569x802
>>26491474
Bigger?
>>
>>26490903
we should make it one of them lense flare memes
>>
>>26491474
But if the dp is bigger, how would it fit in the two holes?
>>
>>26491464
>personal attacks
>personal attacks
Are you done?

Drawing a parallel between two different anime, one being a very famous and widely appreciated by a huge range of people of all ages, the other being known, tagged and forever cast into the "for little kids" category, is stupid as fuck.
Charlotte was episodic shit and it was SHIT. This simple fact disproves your false argument because interanime comparison are, from start to finish, awful when the argument doesn't make it. We are executing a comparison about seasons of the Pokemon series and how overall, the plot in XY manages to deal with mini-arcs that have a continuity allow the viewer to feel more concerned about the characters. The Lucario arc, the Tripokalon arc, the Satoshi angst arc allow actual development without doing stupid CoTD shit at every turn.
>>
>>26490677
They did back in Gen 5 when we got the BW2 reveal mini things.

Those were better than origins or anything the ashime put out.
>>
>>26491467
Woah, bad draw man, those are among the worst ones.
>>
It would be interesting to have a series that follows several (or more) characters as they develop, take different paths. Some become gym leaders or E4, become bad, etc.

I know polidtoeds hate GoT because of muh normalfaggotry but something like that with many stories in one world.
>>
>>26491522
The Mega Evolution Specials followed a different story in the same universe as the main anime and featured different characters. It was only 4 episodes but it was still a nice thing.
>>
>>26490919
No a main character is good when they're believable and relatable. Ash is neither of those things. Being a terrible trainer in battle and having to find "different" ways to win constantly, instead of just winning by being good, isn't believable because the games would show you otherwise and it's not relatable because I doubt any child can relate to being as terrible as Ash. Just like if a character always won it would be awful because no one is amazing at anything all the time so no one would relate or believe it.

Making a good character means finding a way to make people like them because they're really great at whatever it may be, but make them flawed so people can connect on a different level and see themselves as said character. Ash is not very good, he has no actual flaws besides being dumb and ignorant every new region and he never learns anything from the past region. It's shitty character development and while it may be a kids show, it's no excuse for being awful. Steven Universe is technically a kids show and it's a great show that's written well and gets across similar themes that Pokemon does, while also being 100× better than the Pokemon anime
>>
>>26491481
The episode featuring shiny Phantump is by far the worst XY episode yet. Really, the two he mentioned are probably below average but they don't even tread water compared to the fucking Phantump episode.
>>
File: get a load of this hatter.jpg (25 KB, 640x486) Image search: [Google]
get a load of this hatter.jpg
25 KB, 640x486
>>26491378
>he STILL believes that posting in threads is a "one and done" deal, even with discussions
>>
>>26491555
>a main character is good when they're believable and relatable
Go back to /a/, shitty self-insertfag. I bet you disliked Kara no Kyoukai because the characters obeyed differently to emotional stimuli.
>>
>>26491070
>a show has to follow literally everything the game does
Not that anon, but as an example Yugioh is obviously based off the card game, yet the card game didn't initially feature the kids in it. Many other franchises follow this same idea

Also the protagonists in the pokemon games aren't always 10 either, as evident in Gen 5.
>>
>>26491515
Stop dodging the argument. This is why you're being personally attacked, because you are indeed stupid and don't understand what you're saying.

You used mini arcs as a reason for arguing why XY is better than the OS. How? How is it "BETTER"? If you can't answer this, you're only going to confirm your stupidity again.

You dodged the question on animation too. How is XY's animation better? Explain how.
>>
>>26490716
>4chan is so contrarian now that people will go on a board about pokemon and pretend that they don't like pokemon
why am i not surprised?
>>
>>26491622
The point is an idea like Pokemon doesn't lend itself well to anything other than a mindless kids adventure series. Expecting a Pokemon show to pander to adults is stupid.
>>
>>26491622
>but as an example Yugioh is obviously based off the card game, yet the card game didn't initially feature the kids in it. Many other franchises follow this same idea
I don't quite get what you mean by this, Yu-Gi-Oh, the manga featuring Yugi and his group of buddies, came out before the card game was created

unless I misread your post completely?
>>
>>26490916
I actually did give it a shot, and while not bad, it's still the same shit since Indigo League. Just better animation and less likable characters.
>>
>>26491629
>You used mini arcs as a reason for arguing why XY is better than the OS. How? How is it "BETTER"?
I just did in the previous post. Can't you fucking read for once?

>You dodged the question on animation too. How is XY's animation better?
>how can something that is objectively observable and easily seen even by the dumbest person be judged? Explain to me!
Do you even know what the fuck animation is? You HAVE to be shitposting, no person on Earth can be this dense.
>>
>>26490677
>Pokemon is a children show
And so is One Piece. Why would Pokemon have to be shitty quality (OP's art style aside, the animation is great)
>>
>>26491651
Most people making Yugioh comparisons have no idea that was the case.
It's also the same people making the "they can just replace Ash, Yugioh replaced Yugi" argument.
>>
>>26491668
>I just did in the previous post
You didn't. Never did you explain how having a mini-arc format is "better" than an episodic one. You haven't done so because you're not smart enough.

>Do you even know what the fuck animation is? You HAVE to be shitposting, no person on Earth can be this dense.
Once again, you didn't answer the question, you're just sperging like a maniac.

I never even denied XY has better animation, I'm just questioning your logic, because I don't think you know what "good" animation is.
>>
>>26491020
It doesn't, the games find a strange balance of structure and lack of plot that makes adapting them difficult. The primary focus has always been the Pokemon, not the characters and until that changes the anime will remain the same. Mystery dungeon was a spinoff that treated the Pokemon as characters and other story focused adaptations like special place a larger focus on plot and characters than they do on showing all the Pokemon.

Digimoon is not comparable at all because the media it is adapting is very different at its core. First, the v-pets have no plot or character, the writers have to start from scratch forcing them to be more creative. Second, the concept of a v-pet is to care for and grow with a single creature rather than pokemons catch em all style. This means that the Pokemon formula of focus on a new Pokemon every episode doesn't work, it has to focus on the characters and plot instead.
>>
>>26491680
>One Piece has better animation that Pokemon
You have to be trolling.
>>
>>26491702
>How is XY's animation better?
>I never denied XY has better animation
I'm done with this shit.
>>
Digimon yugioh are real world, pokemon is fictional world where animals doesnt exist parents doenst exist kids dont grow up.. any pokemon anime will be shit
>>
>>26491702
What is good animation to you? I would bet your biggest critique against XY's animation is that it uses CGI backgrounds and 3D space without really realizing exactly what that has allowed the animators to do.
>>
>>26491806
Stop, he gonna play you for a fool. I gave up myself because he's going to have you spoonfeed him everything and going further and further because he's just making fun of us like the tard that he is. He went as far as having an anon explain to him why an EMOTIONAL scene was emotional and he then dismissed it by saying "ok". He's never going to admit anything because all he wants is to shitpost harder than anyone has ever done. Because he cannot accept that his old and busted show is worse than the current season.
>>
>>26491732
BTFO kek
>>
>>26490677
My biggest issue is that the anime is more fucking stale than year-old bread. All they would need to do to keep the anime fresh is swap out protagonists for every region like the manga and bring old ones back every once in a while.
>>
>>26490693
Video games were a mistake.
>>
>>26490677
Because Nobody cares a pokemon anime , only pokeyfags
>>
Legend Of Thunder is still the best

We need more OVAs
>>
>>26491806
For me, good animation is animation that conveys the significance of a scene effectively. It doesn't have to be smooth, colorful or anything like that, it just has to engage the viewer emotionally.

This scene is from the very first episode of Pokemon. The animation looks like a slideshow, but it's used in a really emotionally effective way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydZSuX2bzmI

For what it's worth, I never criticized XY's animation, I was just highlighting the fallacy this idiot >>26491842 kept using, along with the fact that he has no understanding of his own arguments.
>>
File: Pokey-1-.png (54 KB, 161x313) Image search: [Google]
Pokey-1-.png
54 KB, 161x313
>>26491908
pokeyfags?
>>
>>26491924
You do realize that's the post-Porygon version of the episode and that the animation looks like that because they were cutting frames to adhere to the new standards, not because it was actually MEANT to look that way, right?
>>
>>26491924
That's NOT what good animation is by the very definition of 作画, you hipster sperglord. It's just what YOU feel about the scene and it's not just animation, it's mostly emotional because of the music that impacts you. There's NO animation in this scene, it's just a fucking cliché slowdown by cutting frames? You have NO FUCKING idea what good animation is by actual objective standards. Anything you're saying is pure "MUH EMOTIONS" bullshit. Never say a word again.
>>
>>26491983
>That's NOT what good animation is by the very definition of 作画, you hipster sperglord
I didn't realize idiots like yourself decide what good animation is.

>NO FUCKING idea what good animation is by actual objective standard
Oh right, you don't. You're just an underage lunatic.
>>
>>26492000
>no arguments
Kek. I've done my job.
>>
>>26491924
anon the term you are looking for is not animation but direction I believe
>>
I say you're all stupid and none of you have an actual point other than personal opinion. This argument is over, and if you persist, I summon Gary.
>>
>>26492030
>>26492012
Learn your stuff before speaking. All you've done is looking like a retard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soTjJ7tsL5A
>>
>>26492012
and what do director's do? They're in charge of how scenes are animated.

Animation alone is a pretty broad term. I suggest you be specific about which aspects are better, rather than generalize animation as a whole like the crazy person does.
>>
>>26492040
Do it. Fucking do it now.
>>
>>26492041
Learn what? How idiots like yourself perceive animation? No thanks.
>>
>>26492052
Why are you projecting so much?
>>
>>26492047
Yeah, you want him to start spamming alright. You're so massively massively insecure about having your stupidity exposed, you're looking for any possible avenue out you can find.
>>
>>26492046
a scene can be directed well but have shit actual animation
>>
File: 1409436573629.png (54 KB, 398x272) Image search: [Google]
1409436573629.png
54 KB, 398x272
>>26492052
>>26492046
FUCKING KEK
/a/ would fucking roll around reading this shit. I can't believe I'm right such bullcrap.
>>
>>26492058
I don't think you know what projecting means, which comes as no surprise given how stupid you've already proven yourself.
>>
>>26492060
What? That was my second post in this thread you massive moron.
>>
>>26490677
If ash was a champion, he couldn't travel and meet new pokemon/people.
Plus its nice to remind kids winning isnt everything.
>>
>>26492071
Proven? That was my third post. All I see is you calling other people crazy, idiots etc. It's such an obvious case of projection.
>>
>>26492068
I think you're starting to lose the plot. You're now trying to bring a different board into this? Really?

Quite the sad little autist aren't you?

>>26492079
>massive moron
Sure little jimmy. Still haven't found your ritalin yet?
>>
File: 1447132972211.gif (1000 KB, 500x525) Image search: [Google]
1447132972211.gif
1000 KB, 500x525
>calls people underage
>doesn't know a shit about animation and cannot differenciate it from direction
>calls other people stupid because he's paranoid
And we're supposed to be the underage ones around, right? Jesus Christ, this is too much. My sides are in orbit.
>>
>>26492089
>first he starts capitalizing his insults to emphasize his anger
>then he says "/a/ would roll"
>now he's samefagging
I really pity you dude.
>>
>>26492104
Completely unrelated to this argument you are all having but
I don't know much about Monogatari but why does a vampire have a shadow?
>>
>>26492119
I'm pretty sure vampires have shadows but not reflection, aren't they?

>>26492121
>samefagging
There we go.
>>
>>26492101
You got problems man. I mean serious problems. This thread is fucking shit and needs to be garynuked. That was all I agreed on. But it's clear how paranoud you really are.

1. Search help
2. Get a job (you obviously don't have one since you're clearly amerifats and can sit hours arguing in the middle of a work day)
3. Move out of your parents' house

Seriously, it's disturbing how clear it's shown how mentally ill you are. It's a shitty fucking kids anime. Search some real help.
>>
>>26492132
>There we go.
Admitting you're an idiot now? Cool.
>>
File: 1458876393449.png (116 KB, 228x260) Image search: [Google]
1458876393449.png
116 KB, 228x260
>game franchise for children
>OMG GUIZ WHEREZ THE CARTOON FOR US ADULTS
>>
>>26492139
I merely questioned your own logic and you respond by trying to suggest I have problems?

I suppose when you have this many insecurities, it's only natural you try to project them onto others when your back's against the wall.
>>
File: 1336897468942.jpg (117 KB, 492x492) Image search: [Google]
1336897468942.jpg
117 KB, 492x492
>>26492144
Whatever floats your boat. I can at least tell the difference between animation and direction, unlike you.
>>
>>26492160
I respond saying you have problems because I have read through this thread. The paranoia, the projection, the obsession, the need to feel above everyone points at you having a serious mental illness. Have you at least tried getting some help? I really think it would make you some good. Or at least try not to revolve your life around the fucking pokemon ashime of all things.

Anyway my man. Good luck. You need it.
>>
>>26492161
Once again, idiots like yourself don't decide what good animation is I'm afraid.
>>
>>26492186
>pure projection: the post
What makes you think I care about your life story?
>>
>>26492217
Search help my man.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (23 KB, 569x428) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
23 KB, 569x428
Origins
>Trainers use amazing strategies to win their battles
>Types actually matter
>No "power of friendship" shit.
>Red trains all his pokemon equally, none of them gets special treatment

Ashnime
>No strategies used, they just attack each other until one of them faints
>Types don't matter
>Protagonist only wins through the power of friendship
>Ash only cares about pikachu and never trains anyone else
>>
>>26492226
>I watched some Johto fillers 15 years ago: the post
Just don't.
>>
>>26492226
Did you watch EITHER of the two, anon?
>>
>>26492226
>Types actually matter

>Jolteon OHKO by Thunderbolt.webm
>>
File: tumblr_o7s5bto0iz1s3at53o9_1280.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o7s5bto0iz1s3at53o9_1280.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
The fuck happened to this thread
>>
>>26492226
>all 8 points are wrong
That was on purpose, right?
>>
>>26492226
No they didn't. Not at all
>Types actually matter
Which also does in the anime which everybody that has actually watched it after OS
>No "power of friendship" shit.
Are you fucking serious? It was Charizard shilling number one and Red won every single big battle with power of friendship bullshit with Charizard. No strategy. Like it vs Rhydon or vs Blastoise.
Are you retarded? Giovanni's rhyhorn took down 5 of Red's pokemon because they were so underleved.

This must be a bait post.
>>
>>26490853
by whom
>>
>>26492249
Shitposting.
Not that it was a good thread to begin with.
>>
>>26492223
You should probably take your own advice, you're probably the biggest idiot I've ever seen.
>>
>>26491612
I have no idea what that is
>>
>>26492257
Everybody with a brain
>>
>>26492257
Gamefreak/TPC
>>
>>26492261
Search help.
>>
>>26492226
Very shitty b8
>>
>>26492257
>make genwun pandering anime
>include gen 6 shilling at the end
I'm sure a lot of genwunners were outraged
>>
File: 1448257559797.jpg (22 KB, 237x284) Image search: [Google]
1448257559797.jpg
22 KB, 237x284
>>26492264
Fucking kek.
Don't ever talk about anime or animation to me ever again, fucking newfag.
/vp/ truly is a board for retarded underage.
>>
File: 1405311693285.png (254 KB, 800x640) Image search: [Google]
1405311693285.png
254 KB, 800x640
>>26492264
>I have no idea what that is
>>
File: 1444991545703.gif (142 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
1444991545703.gif
142 KB, 270x270
>>26492300
I'm choking man, I'm fucking choking. This is the best thread ever. I haven't seen so much newfaggotry and idiocy in a single thread outside of /b/. This is legendary. Holy shit. I'm fucking dying.
>>
>>26492286
It wasn't made for genwunners, it was made for adults that hadn't played since gen 1 in an attempt at making them get back into the series.
TPC has never, and will never, release stuff aimed purely at people that hate everything Pokemon made after 1999 because those people aren't making them money.
>>
File: what_did_she_mean_by_this.png (2 MB, 1226x1374) Image search: [Google]
what_did_she_mean_by_this.png
2 MB, 1226x1374
XY&Z's getting too real for me.

I'd be depressed too if I found out that Pokemon Battling could give me heart attacks.
>>
>>26492331
All gen 1 people are genwunners but not all genwunners are gen 1 people.
>>
>>26492257
In terms of views it did badly.
>>
>>26492355
What
>>
File: 1438470575588.png (78 KB, 280x320) Image search: [Google]
1438470575588.png
78 KB, 280x320
>>26492355
What?
>>
>>26492326
Well, if you actually knew how to read filenames his filename indicates he downloaded the pokemon related image like 2 years ago which makes him hardly a newfag.

Damage controllers like you must damage control I guess.

Also

>posting on /b/
>>
>>26491105
I watched the XY, and it was a huge upgrade to what it was before, but it still lacks a story with a beginning and an ending. And it will never have, because Ash is an ageless immortal that doesn't have a single objective in life that is not walking around the world forever.

What I think most people want are more shows like the Raikou one, and Origins(with at least a season lenght, and not a Mega Charizard advertisement).
>>
File: 1345179135296.jpg (3 KB, 103x127) Image search: [Google]
1345179135296.jpg
3 KB, 103x127
>>26492383
If you actually knew how to read, I was talking to said person because I was on his side, I wasn't laughing at him or whatnot.
Also
>2 years ago
>not newfag
>implying people don't rename files when saving them
Pic related.
>>
>>26492408
You clearly do not understand Japanese culture.
>>
>>26491651
Nope, you didn't misread, I actually didn't realize it was initially a manga. I'm retarded.

In any case, I suppose Digimon is a better example for what I'm talking about. I know for a fact it started off as just electronic toys, with the subsequent games/anime taking their own interpretation of the Digimon concept.
>>
>>26492444
It's also a manga that ended ages ago. All the later Yugioh anime series that don't have Yugi were commissioned by Konami because they wanted to continue the card game and needed something on air to promote it.
>>
>>26492444
Screw you, the tamagotchi has and always will be the core of the franchise and if you think differently, you are WRONG
>>
>>26492442
Please explain further, because I am a japanese guy that lived a couple years there and I did not understand what you meant by that.

Although I only watched through halfway of XY and a couple episodes of XYZ, so this may be the problem.
>>
>>26492476
You dishonor us and now you must commit seppuku.
>>
>>26491651
Yu-gi-oh would be much better if they made a Duel Terminal anime, it actually has a lot of plot already, all they need to do is animate it.

>>26492408
They have to make a Pokespe anime. It will appeal to both younger and older audience.
>>
>>26492497
No it won't. It will just make all the HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
more intense.
>>
>>26492510
What is there not to like in Pokespe? It is a pretty good manga. Although if they announce it now, a lot of people will look at origins and think that it will be another flop.
>>
>>26492535
It suffers from heavy pacing issues. Had they started adapting it back when people first started talking about wanting one, they'd have caught up with the newest chapters long ago and had to adapt the new shit at a pace of what, one chapter's worth of episodes a month? And for a series that doesn't really allow for much filler during the latter portions of each arc, that means getting 5 pages of plot stretched out to 20 minutes of animation a week.
You don't want that.
>>
File: 1413133129224.gif (448 KB, 200x183) Image search: [Google]
1413133129224.gif
448 KB, 200x183
>>26492569
They'd most likely fix that by adding filler. Truthfully though all that'd do is have people complain about filler like they do now.
>>
>>26492569
Well, a lot of animes suffers from that fate, but it doesn't make them bad animes.

Take Jojo for example, the anime will reach the manga in a some years, but it doesn't make them less enjoyable, you watch a season per year and you don't need to worry about fillers, and they can make money with the BD's.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.