[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nuzlocke runs on X and Y soon, EXP share active or inactive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: nuzlocke.png (84 KB, 248x436) Image search: [Google]
nuzlocke.png
84 KB, 248x436
Nuzlocke runs on X and Y soon, EXP share active or inactive?
>>
>>26490058
If you're doing a nuzlocke in 6th gen, it is recommended to torn off the EXP share to provide the challenge of a nuzlocke. Having the EXP share on means that the whole party will gain experience for doing nothing, thus making the nuzlocke much easier to complete.
>>
>>26490058
Definitely off if you want to be kind of challenged.
>>
>>26490058
Off. The first time I played X&Y I nuzlocked it completely blind and the EXP Share made it a complete joke. It's not hard in the first place, but this way it's practically impossible to lose even a single mon.
>>
>>26490058
Always turn it off or it's too easy.

But be careful too not get too underleveled or it's game over.
>>
Not OP but is it bending the rules too much if instead of releasing I just deposit them on the bank?
>>
>>26490356
Then its not a nuzzlocke bitch
>>
>>26490356
I always ignore the release rule and just make a PC box labeled "Graveyard". Any pokemon I enjoyed during the run then gets traded into my other games.
>>
>>26490356

I sent the 'dead' pokemon to a box in my Pokémon Bank, so that I can still use them in other games.
>>
>>26490444
You're a hilarious fag
>it's not a true deep-sack-boodly-woop if you don't go fuck yourself!
>>
>>26490356
There's only two concrete rules to a Nuzlocke/hard mode run, you can only catch the first pokemon in each area and you can't continue using them if they faint. It's a self imposed challenge after all, nobody cares if you box them instead of releasing, nobody cares if you run into a shiny pokemon and catch it and box it instead of just ignoring it.
>>
Off, no grinding.

Eventually it turns into SMT where you just replace old mons with new ones since they're such a low level compared to the trainers you're fighting
>>
>>26490718
Ew
>>
>>26490058
EXP share active. Just don't use Pokémon-Amie, which is the real gamebreaker.
>>
>>26490356
I just box them in a box called Dead, it feels almost like the spirit of them still lives somehow.
>>
>>26492258
I don't understand why Poké-Amie is gamebreaking.
I never use it when I play through X/Y because I don't find it that interesting
>>
>>26493896

Your Pokémon will get free crits and will endure with 1HP otherwise lethal hits during ingame battles if you raise its love in Poké-Amie.
>>
>>26493920
Huh.
I didn't know that. Anyway, thanks
>>
>>26490058
If you run with exp share, someone dying is meaningless. Their replacement will be up and ready before the next gym.

Now, If you intentionally are going to be using your pokemon like lighters, then go for it.
>>
>>26493896
Free Focus Energy, free more reliable focus band, free lum berries, and free double team, and Free lucky egg for most battles.

Seriously, a single max love pokemon is broken to shit. A team of them is invincible.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.