[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Lance is member of the Elite Four >Blue defeats Lance
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: say_that_to_my_face_fucker.png (27 KB, 413x323) Image search: [Google]
say_that_to_my_face_fucker.png
27 KB, 413x323
>Lance is member of the Elite Four
>Blue defeats Lance
>Blue is now Champion
>Red defeats Blue
>Red becomes Champion

>Two years later
>Lance is now Champion
>Did Lance defeat Red and Blue in a rematch?
>Or did Red and Blue both turn the title down in the timespan?
>Why would Blue turn the title down and then become a Gym Leader, which has similar responsibilities but less prestige and fewer perks?

>If they turned the title down, why didn't it go to whoever was Champion before Blue defeated Lance?
>What if Lance was the Champion before Blue, but the loss bumped him down into Elite Four status rather than into some kind of purgatory status?
>Who got kicked out of the Elite Four so that it would remain four people?

Several generations later and no answers.
>>
>>26488371
Koga got bumped. Blue was so far ahead of you that he became champion before yo got the Soulbadge.
>>
Originally the 'champion' position didn't actually exist. It was just the E4, and you only had to fight a fifth trainer because you had shitty-ass timing.

The only reason 'champion' is a title and we have five members in each subsequent generation is because somewhere along the line the devs completely missed the point, presumably because RBY developed the expectation that one would exist.

From the perspective of GS? Presumably, Blue ragequit after Red beat him and then Lance became champion because Red fucked off.
>>
>>26488453
So, you're saying that when you fight Blue just before Victory road after getting all 8 badges, he's already Champion at that time, and he beat Lance with that team?

And, that when you fight Blue in Saffron City, he may or may not already be Champion and have defeated Lance with THAT team depending on whether you decided to go to Saffron or Fuschia first?
>>
It doesn't make sense

Otherwise explain why you have to fight the defeated-champion when you rebattle them

Even though you beat them, you don't become the new champion
>>
>>26488490
Well, the team at Sliph Co. is supposed to be before Fuchsia, but the team he fights you outside the E4 with yes indeedy. He came out, you kicked his ass, then he ran back to the pokemon league and told everyone to start grinding furiously.
>>
Red dies after becoming champion. He Supposedly went to mt sliver to train and fell to his death. Ur really fighting his ghost in sliver/gold
>>
>>26488744
Bump
>>
>>26488371

Blue decided to take an easier more relaxed path after losing to Red. Red went off into mount Silver and abandoned the title going on to become a legend.
>>
>>26488744
Bump

Guys pls. I need (you)s. My egotism...
>>
>>26488803
Is at lvl 100
>>
I think that Champion is a title, or a rank, synonymous with Master. There is more than 1 Master/Champion. After beating the Elite Four, a trainer earns the rank of Champion. Blue and Red are both Champions. Since Blue is always a single step ahead, he just happened to be at the E4 whenever Red won
>>
>>26488371
>why didn't it go to whoever was Champion before Blue defeated Lance
Professor Oak turned it down.
>>
>>26488744
Make a Youtube video about that. You'll get a lot of visits.
I'm not being ironic.
>>
>>26488984
So, Lance battled and defeated himself in order to become Champion?
>>
>>26489208
That seems like something Lance would do, actually.
>>
>>26488744
>>26488762
>>26488803
You made me visually cringe, good job.
>>
>>26488674

Evidence?
>>
>>26488674
This is patently untrue. He outright states that he's preparing for the Pokemon league when you fight him on route 22.

From Bulbapedo:
Before the battle

"What? <player>! What a surprise to see you here! So you're going to Pokémon League? You collected all the Badges too? That's cool! Then I'll whip you <player> as a warm up for Pokémon League! Come on!"

After being defeated

"What!? I was just careless!"

After being defeated

"That loosened me up! I'm ready for Pokémon League! <player>, you need more practice! But hey, you know that! I'm out of here. Smell ya!"
>>
>>26489304
He's clearly joking/"trolling".
>>
Blue is the Viridian city leader because he's the highest ranking Team Rocket member next to Giovanni, and someone needed to hold his gym while he was out training.
>>
The Champion before Lance had retired prior to RBY, leaving the Champion position vacant. Blue earned the title by defeating the Elite Four. Red beat Blue, then turned down the title, to continue traveling. He eventually visits Mt. Silver, where the new champion Ethan/Gold goes to challenge him, either due to a lack of challenging opponents or to solidify his position as the strongest trainer in Kanto/Johto. Giovanni leaves the Viridian Gym, and Blue takes the Gym Leader position. Not wanting the Champion position to remain vacant, Lance is appointed Champion, until he is beaten by Ethan/Gold.
>>
Blue probably wanted to move back to Viridian to be close and help his Grandpa.

And Red was an Autist that couldn't even talk, terrible face for a Champion.
>>
>>26488371
Random person is Champion. Blue beats Elite Four and Rando and becomes Champion. Rando leaves. Red defeats E4 and Blue and becomes Champiom. Blue leaves. Red leaves on his own accord, forcing the E4 to appoint a Champion to fill the vacancy. They choose Lance and recruit Koga to fill the empty seat on the E4. Not that complicated.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.