[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix this /vp/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: Poor venus fly trap.png (24 KB, 449x331) Image search: [Google]
Poor venus fly trap.png
24 KB, 449x331
>Decent attacking stats
>Great boosting moves
>Access to 120BP + STAB move
>Mediocre defenses
>Shit speed
>Useless ability
>Horrible typing

How do we fix this guy? He has some potential, and a cool design, there's gotta be a way to do this.

hard mode: no mega
>>
>>26485036
cant fix what aint broken nigger
>>
Synchro with Large Speed ability and a typing change. Easy.
>>
>>26485036
>Levitate
>useless

Are you out of your mind? I mean, yes Ground is not very effective, but this thing still couldn't tank a strong EQ very well.
>>
>>26485101
I see your point, but it could've had so many better abilities, specially for an offensive approach. I just feel this ability is wastefull as it would already resist it, and that would be an offensive aid, rather than a deffensive buff

>>26485074
>Synchro
I stopped reading after that

>>26485061
This thing is outclassed by parasect, and you're telling me it "isn't broken"? How high are you right now? are you going to tell me a gospel of why Miltank is top tier because of whitney?
>>
>>26485036
Forgot to mention
>Lacking general movepool
>>
>>26485036
I actually fully forgot this thing exists.
>>
ability to resists bugs and have it's STAB be SE on bugs - fits very well with it's theme!
>>
>>26485285
Mmmh, Grass/Fire Evo/Mega with Levitate, not a bad type actually.
>>
>>26485285
>>26485354
I'd love that, sounds like a great mega
>>
Damn thing should've been an alt evo for Weepinbell ala Bellossom.

It triggers my autism.
>>
>>26485285
Sounds like it coculd be a nice ability. I love how it learns bug bite, just so fitting.

>>26485354
Grass/Fire is an ok typing, but it would be cool as heck. I'd love for it to have something other than levitate, make it more offensive and give it its own ability, maybe this >>26485285

>>26485390
Its barely like Bellsprout, that'd be horrible.

>>26485270
>Forgetting pokemon exist
Fucking casual
>>
File: 250px-071Victreebel.png (52 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-071Victreebel.png
52 KB, 250x250
>>26485036
Isn't it mostly just a worse Victreebel?
The only stat Carnivine has better than Victreebel is defense and only by 7 base points, and the only thing it has over Victreebel is Levitate and only because Victreebel doesn't resist ground.
Meanwhile, Victreebel has a better movepool, hits harder, is faster and even more so with Cholorophyll, has better resists, and has one less weakness.
I feel bad for Carnivine.
>>
File: A cuuuuuuute plent.png (191 KB, 379x421) Image search: [Google]
A cuuuuuuute plent.png
191 KB, 379x421
>>26486007
I know... I dream one day Carnivine is going to get some sweet hidden ability, and access to great moves, or even a mega. One day, my sweet Venus fly trap will be as cool as it is IRL
>>
>>26486089
Victreebel even has a better shiny.
Who at Game Freak hated Carnivine so much?
>>
>>26486142
>Garchomp
>Porygon-Z
>Carnivine
>Mamoswine
>Both new eeveelutions

It seems that same person must've been incharge of the general Gen IV shinies, cause about 80% of them suck
>>
>>26485036
mega with arena trap and priority moves
>>
>>26486219
What's wrong with shiny Porygon-Z?
>>
>>26486231
I would like to know the thought process behind arena trap on a Venus fly trap. I'm not saying it can't be, I'd just like to understand the logic
>>
>>26486249
It looks ppretty bad. Its pallete just clashes and it contrasts badly.
>>
>>26485036
Some new moves could possibly do wonders.

Flytrap - Grass Type, physical, 75 BP, 100 Acc
Deals SE damage against both Bug and Flying

Tangleweed - Room effect that lowers the speed of all non-grass types on the field by 1 stage every turn
>>
>>26486287
I can see it doing SE damage against bug just because Game Freak hates the type.
>>
>>26486287
>An attack hitting Bugs, Water, Rock, Ground and Flying
>Giving the equivalent of a crappy sticky net

You're on to something anon, I like where you're going with this. What about a HA that allows it to resist bugs and poison? It makes sense too, given these plants use poison to kill bugs.
>>
>>26485693
About as similar to the Bellsprout line as Bellossom is to the Oddish line. Both would be significant changes and pure Grass types.
>>
>>26486340
Nigga, Bellossom is literally an upside down oddish
>>
>>26485101
This thing can't tank anything. Might as well just give it Serene Grace by that logic.
>>
>>26486332
Imagine, it would hit Armaldo, Gliscor, Aerodactyl and Gyarados for x4
>>
>>26486464
Yeah, this with this >>26486332 would make it so much better. A grass mon with only 3 weaknesses, and a stab counter to one of them. Here's an idea

Mega-Carnivine
Ability: Natural Hunter - Provides a resistance to Poison and Bug

HP-74
ATK-150 (+50)
DEF-97 (+25)
SPA-90
SPD-97 (+25)
SPE-46

I wont remove stat points from others to make it a little more realistic, even if not wasting some points in spatk is already too hopefull. We add that move, and bam, its semi-viable, right?
>>
>>26486255
Probably the name trap. Venus fly traps are all about TRAPPING prey
>>
>>26486268
I aprreciate that different people can have different taste, but I love the whole pory line's shiny colors, I use my shiny eviolite porygon2 on battlespot all the time
>>
>remove levitate
Replace with strong jaw.
Give a unique grass type bite, with the regular 65 power.
Give fire fang for dealing with bugs, countering other grass types.

Or just create an evolution with that, where it walks on legs and has all of the above. It could also get spiky shield maybe and an increase in speed.
>>
>>26488057
How about an ability where it deals 1/8 or SR - SIMILAR grass-type damage to pokemon switching out against it? Also give it access to Leech Seed if it doesn't have it already.
>>
>>26485036
It should not be fixed. It should serve as a reminder of how shit the sinnofetuses' region is.
>>
>>26488216
I think it would be nice if it get Poison fang and Firefang indeed. But I think it should have at least +20 Att.
>>
>>26490613
Here's your (You), now fuck off
>>
>>26490647
Oh look, one of the sinnohfetus children got mad at the truth and wants nothing more than to continue his various daily circlejerks about how great Sinnoh is, even going so far as to have an echo chamber about how "epic" Carnivine is, the shittiest Grass type ever made, and how he's their "bro" that should get buffed. Please keep showing how fucking underage you fuckheads are so we can kick you all out.
>>
File: all out bait.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
all out bait.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>26490674
>>
>>26490687
Yes, keep posting memes, it will surely disprove me about the actual state of things.
>>
File: Perfection.png (474 KB, 1440x1437) Image search: [Google]
Perfection.png
474 KB, 1440x1437
>>26490700
Disprove what? Your only argument so far is that Carnivine is absolute dogshit, and the entire thread agrees whit you. That I'm underage? There's litteraly no way you could prove I was if that were the case. Anyone is entitled to their opinions, but we're not entitled to have them heard, so grab yours and take it to some Hoennbabies who give a shit.
>>
>>26485036
Include it in the base stat overhaul, where we go through every single pokemon in the entire game and standardize their base stats.
No more fully evolved pokemon with a BST of 381. No more mega mewtwo with his BST of 780. No more retarded shit where they literally just smashed their face on the keyboard and called it a base stat spread. All pokemon fall into standardized BST tiers

>Rotom and all his forms

>Baby pokemon and other early stage shitmons (Sunkern, Wurmple, Ratatta, etc)

>First stage evolutions (Ralts, Machop, Geodude, etc)

>Second stage evolutions and pokemon with only a single stage of evolution (Arcanine, Snorlax, Carnivine, etc)

>All third stage evolutions. No exceptions (Nidoking, Gardevoir, Gengar, etc)

>Megas, Legendaries and Pseudolegendaries

We can also include it in the ability overhaul, where we go through and change the abilities of Pokemon with retarded abilities that suck or make no sense.

The horribly typing is just an unfortunate truth of being an offensive grass type. There's not much that can be done to fix it, except maybe make weaknesses be a 1.5x modifier instead of 2x, but that kind of change would probably do more harm than good.
>>
>>26490749
The idea of a stat overhaul sounds, in my opinion, not just extremely unlikely, but horrible to implement. I just don't like the idea of screwing over good pokemon to make the "bad" ones be better. All pokemon have their own fans too, so imagine how they'd feel is their favourite one got nerfed that badly.

An ability overhaul sounds unlikely, but the Hidden ability concept itself was somewhat of an overhaul, we just need one for carnivine, like strong jaw or its own ability, something else.

And yeah, The typing is awfull because of grass in general, its doomed like bulky ice types. However, I still think an ability that gives it neutrality to bug and poison would be wonderfull. I really like the idea of this >>26486618 as a mega.
>>
>>26490797
The only pokemon that would be actually nerfed by that change would be legendaries.
Everything else would be either buffed significantly, or lose maybe 1-9 points. Arcanine for instance would lose 5 points since his BST now is 555 and his BST under the new system would be 550.
Meanwhile pokemon like Gengar would gain 50 BST, and pokemon like Delibird or Luvdisc would nearly double their BST.

Almost everyone benefits massively from those numbers.
>>
>>26490842
Oh wait just kidding I can't read. Arcanine would lose 55 points.

You could always just make second stage evos have 550 BST too, as a way of saying "This pokemon will never evolve"
>>
>>26490842
>>26490856
I meant it in a more general sense, imagine the horrible atmosphere that this would generate. Imagine mega sableye with a 600BST, imagine so many pokemons that have mediocre stats and great abilities suddently becoming godlike.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.