[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anyone out there that are at least okay with these 2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: the most shat on pokemon ever.jpg (39 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
the most shat on pokemon ever.jpg
39 KB, 600x300
Is there anyone out there that are at least okay with these 2? Sometimes I feel the hate gets waaaaaay blown out of proportion. Have some perspective guys.
>>
>>26480275
I started with Blue and I always wanted an ice cream mon. I was happy when Vanilluxe came out, especially since it isn't actually ice cream.
>>
There's nothing wrong with garbage or ice cream.
>>
I find Trubbish somewhat cute and am apathetic towards Garbodor.
Like the ice cream line a bit though.
>>
>>26480275
At least they were interesting for Gen 5, which had many forgettable and useless Pokemon you'd more than likely overlook.
That and I like the straw thing Vanilluxe has going on. Nice touch.
>>
File: trubbish wink.gif (425 KB, 389x219) Image search: [Google]
trubbish wink.gif
425 KB, 389x219
>>26480275
I think Trubbish is adorable, senpai. And Garbodor isn't as bad as people make it out to be. As for the ice cream cones, I have no strong feelings either way. /vp/ just likes to be contrarian.

>inb4 unovabortion
>tfw i'm actually a sinnohfetus
>>
Got a shiny garbodor and used the ice cream as soon as he was available for the whole game. He was ok
>>
>>26480275
Both of them have giant contrarian defense forces.
If you had lurked for more than a week you would have noticed that.
>>
File: 2c952df3-s.jpg (161 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
2c952df3-s.jpg
161 KB, 660x660
Both of them are amazing.

Not even contrarian-ing, liked them from day one.
>>
>>26480275
I like Vanillish and Vanilluxe, not so much Vanillite.
Trubbish is okay, and Garbodor is not a favorite. But then, it does what it's supposed to, look like trash.
>>
>>26480275
I do hate them both, but Ice Cream is the worst.

Although Garbodor is growing on me I do still dislike its stats distribution. Fuck Ice Cream tho.
>>
>>26480503
4chan as a whole is "contearian" so what's your point? Are you really that triggered?
>>
>>26480326
>being so insecure that you need to call other contrarians to somehow enforce your opinion
>>
>>26480503
If you refer to anyone who is on the other side of an opinion "contrarian", yes, there will always be a large contrarian presence along with the mainstream opinion.
>>
I'm using a Garbordor right now in my playthrough of x, and he's fucking awesome and adorable. Just evolved and destroyed the fairy gym.

Also really cute in Amie.
>>
Trubbish is cute and Garbodor is fine. They convey what they were supposed to.

As for the Vani-line I'm rather indifferent
>>
>>26480275

I have no problem with either of them
>>
>>26480275
I love them both actually.
>>
>>26480543
>u mad bro XD
not surprised
>>
>>26480275
Vanilluxe was part of my team in my first White playthrough. Garbodor's cool too.
>>
>>26480275
Trubish line is great, ice cream i dunno though...
>>
I love the trubbish/garbodor family actually. They are so ridiculous and gross that they are cute to me . Love my garbage bros
>>
Literally a ice cream
Literally trash
Literally a gear
>>
>>26480275
I dig them both. Garbodor is one of my favorites.
>>
File: better garbodor.jpg (34 KB, 800x511) Image search: [Google]
better garbodor.jpg
34 KB, 800x511
>>26480275
I have nothing against the ice creams but Garbodor is just a mess of a fucking design. Someone made this ages ago and I thought it looked a little better.
>>
File: 1457968009629.jpg (16 KB, 499x487) Image search: [Google]
1457968009629.jpg
16 KB, 499x487
>mfw people saying Garbodor is their favest Pokemon EVAR were indifferent to it until people started shitting on it
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 500x456) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 500x456
Never had a problem with snow cones. Still waiting for a movepool or a mega.

>just realized Garbador and Tangrowth have similar body shapes
>mfw
>>
>>26480275
My partner loves Trubbish, but neither of us are fans of Garbodor. I initally disliked the Vanillite line but now I adore it. I love to make a double team of Vanilluxe + Slurpuff and call them my Cake + Ice Cream team.
>>
>>26480525
yeah this. especially garbodor and vanillite.
>>
>>26482674
>implying nobody liked it beforehand
>implying garbodor hate is somewhat recent

Lurk more, faggot
>>
>>26480275
Garbador is a muk clone, i knew that when i first saw it, it made sense, when i first played through bw, i started noticing there was a gen 1 pattern/feel to the dex. I actually love the ice cream line.

In the pokemon world. I like to think Vannilite was the inspiration for ice cream cones. Either way its design makes as much sense as cubone being born with its mothers skull or kangaskan being born with an egg.
>>
>>26482660
>dude its made of shit XD
Thats why they put that multicolored junk in it
>>
>>26482732
It's not a clone as such, but it fills the same conceptual niche. Same goes for Klingklang/Magneton and Amoonguss/Electrode.
>>
I hated klefkey when I first saw it. Same with most of these design choices.hated them less as time went on.
>>
>>26480275
I like Vanilluxe and Trubbish but I hate Garbodor
>>
>>26480275

I'm fine with both

Klefki triggers me though
>>
>>26480275
Trubbish is cute and a nice compliment to Koffing and Grimer.

Garbodor's rat ears are stupid as well as how it looks like dirt with candy. I do love its messed up arm, though.

Vanillite is adorable but the perfectly cup shaped body is stupid.

Vanillish is a great "icicle that looks like ice cream" concept, but I think it needs a bigger head or a different expression because it lost all of Vanillite's cuteness.

Vanilluxe oversells the concept with that stupid fucking straw, but I don't hate it. I wish it were 3 vertical scoops instead. Then you can have the "straw" be like a snowman nose on the top scoop and say it drips down soft served snow to feed its young. Ice cream + icicle + snowman + soft serve dispenser all in one Pokemon.
>>
>>26480275
I don't like them but I'm completely okay with them.
I just hate how they're seen as the unofficial mascots of Gen 5.
>>
>>26482849
>Then you can have the "straw" be like a snowman nose on the top scoop and say it drips down soft served snow to feed its young.
creepy as fuck but i like it.
>>
>>26480275
I like the Vanillite line and Trubbish is fine, but I hate Garbodor. It feels like it just misses the mark. As a literal garbage Pokémon, Garbodor is fine in concept, shit in execution.
>>
File: Ditto.jpg (27 KB, 467x438) Image search: [Google]
Ditto.jpg
27 KB, 467x438
>>26480310
>There's nothing wrong with garbage
>>
File: 1442325330870.jpg (403 KB, 600x881) Image search: [Google]
1442325330870.jpg
403 KB, 600x881
>>26480275
I love the ice creams.

Not so much the garbage, but okay with it.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.