[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After finally getting play Fire Emblem Fates (tfw Eurocuck) and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5
File: 1380606620926161444.jpg (129 KB, 800x442) Image search: [Google]
1380606620926161444.jpg
129 KB, 800x442
After finally getting play Fire Emblem Fates (tfw Eurocuck) and loving the fuck out of conquest I think Pokemon could do something similar.
Make one version for the experienced players, have the trainers have more challenging strategies and have rather slow EXP growth in the main game and add a lot more challenge overall to riddles and other stuff and have the version be a more casual and relaxed experience. That way everyone would be satisfied and people could actually choose a game that fits them the best.
It would also justify having two different versions much more.
>>
Europoor detected
>>
Fire Emblem is cancer.
Take your garbage back to /v/ or /vg/.
>>
File: 1464233766540.png (61 KB, 339x337) Image search: [Google]
1464233766540.png
61 KB, 339x337
Why have two different versions when you can have one setting: Difficulty.

OP is a fag etc etc.
>>
>>26479884
smashbaby detected
>>
>>26479892
Both games have three different difficulty settings.
>>
>>26479932
Cool. But that doesn't stop OP from being a shitlord at suggestions.
>>
>>26479932
Pokemon can literally never be difficult in any way, shape or form.
>>
>>26479859
GO

BACK

TO

YOUR

SIMULATORS
>>
>>26479859
Imagine your life trying to make good competitive teams with slower exp growth. You should be a masoquist to want something like that.
>>
>>26479983
mosquito or masochist, which word are you using?
>>
>>26479966
Eh, if you make the AI and movesets a bit better it could be. It's not that hard.
>>
>>26479892

Difficulty settings don't change game design, they only make a game artificially harder.
If you have a dedicated hard game it's much more satisfying that just beating some high level Pokemon when you can grind infinitely anyway
>>
>>26479878
>>26479884
Fuck off retarded puede of shit
>>
>>26480015
Imagine you are in charge of making Gen 1 difficult. How would you change Brock to be difficult?
>>
>>26480023
Then go back to playing against real people you fucking idiot.
>>
>>26479983

I mean you can add some infinite grind for endgame anyway. Just make the main game harder. Less Pokecenters, less heals, harder riddles, better enemy trainers, harder gyms, etc etc
>>
I picked conquest but I never played FE before in my life

Did I choose wrong?
>>
>>26480034
>Gen 1
That's impossible because of how broken it is.
>>
>>26480023
In a shitty game, maybe, but good difficulty setting improve AI overall, not just flat out cheap level boosts and minimal exp gain.
>>
>>26480008
Does it matter? Either way you're going to slap it and call it a bitch.
>>
>>26480027
Spaniard detected
>>
>>26480034

That's a pretty moot point because Brook is the first gym leader and he's designed to be easy.
But look at Blue for example. That fucker would always appear when you're unpreprared usually are weakened at the end of a road and has a full team of diverse Pokemon. He was always a hard fucker to beat and everytime he appeared was full hype.
Now compare Blue to shitters like May and you see how one game has hard trainers to beat while another makes you yawn at how boring and easy the rival is.
>>
>>26480054
OK, Gen 6 then, how would you make Roxie difficult?
>>
>>26480083
>Gen 6
>Roxie
>>
>>26480077
Ah yes, good ole' 3-move-Exeggutor Blue.
>>
>>26480055

Name one game that actually does this
>>
>>26480091
>oRaS is not Gen 6
>>
>>26479859
>It would also justify having two different versions much more.
Wouldn't that make the other version not worth buying? What's the point of splitting them?
>>
>>26480050

Nah, it still has easy mode. Conquest plays more like the "classic" Fire Emblem while Birthright plays more like Awakening.
Both are beatable for beginngers, though Birthright is easier since it allows you to grind infinitely. It just really depends on what playstyle you prefer
>>
>>26480109
That's Roxanne you idiot.
>>
>>26480050
No, the last title (Awakening) was super casualized. So they kept the casual changes with Birthright, and went back to series normality with Conquest. That way, all the people who jumped on for shipping in Awakening had their game and the people who actually like the series have their game.
If the special edition wasn't such a bitch to get ahold of, I'd wholeheartedly approve this system.
>>
>>26480110

That's the point? You only choose one version
>>
>>26480120
>Roxanne
>Roxie
kek

In any case, how would you make Roxanne or Roxie more difficult?
>>
>>26480129
Again, why should they make two versions if one version is miles better? The other version ends up being pointless and a waste of time and money for the devs.
>>
>>26480095
Correct me if I flub here, but I think Cod 4 AI learned from your past failures and successes and improved itself to guard against any of your tactics, did it not? I think a few games have done that, but It's been a while since I've seen anything more modern have that level of AI anymore. I can see how that'd bring your view on games not having that.
>>
>>26480129
Because right now, versions are just a cash grab to get people that have to have both to buy the same game twice. Having more differences between the versions would reward those people and encourage more people to buy both.
>>
>>26479859
Why make the difficulty setting exclusive to one version when it can be for both?
Why do people compare FE to Pokemon when both are different games aiming for different demographics?
>>
Enough! You don't want difficulty, you want the game to be more interesting. I will agree, having only 2-3 pokemon the entire way is boring. We want to see more pokemon and more diversity, that at least makes it interesting to look at. Oh, and before you pull that on me, yes, we also want them to be evolved if they can evolve. This is why we like rematches, since we get to see them throw everything they can at us. A full team of fully evolved pokemon. (and throw in a Mega) No, it's not more difficult, but it looks cool. That's what we want.
>>
>>26480136
Give her a probopass instead of nosepass, vary movesets.
That or give her six pokemon, hard ai and movesets like drayno.
>>
>>26480158
>hy should they make two versions if one version is miles better?
One isn't better than the other anon.
>>
>>26480158

"Better" is subjective. Like with Fire Emblem some prefer the more casual experience, while others value the challenge. You're not making any sense.
>>
File: image.jpg (184 KB, 736x1677) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184 KB, 736x1677
They should get Kozaki to draw the human characters in Pokemon
>>
>>26480158
Because both versions are actually trash and people will buy it anyway.
>>
>>26480167

And how is the current system better then? Why have two versions when it's essentially the same game when you can actually make use of the two different version system?
>>
>>26480187
His art is extremely boring, I'd even take Shauna-face plastered everywhere over that.
>>
>>26480179
But it still wouldn't be hard, all you would have to do is overlevel so you can just OHKO/2HKO them all.

The only way it could ever be difficult is if the entire game was retooled into something like Stadium/PBR.
>>
>>26480167
But there already is a reward. You're smarter than most and get to have every pokemon without bugging anyone else for them. (and thus why collecting is bullshit)
>>
>>26480008
The masketta man.
>>
>>26480136
Pokémon World Tournament teams
>>
>>26480136

You're really not making a point because even in Fire Emblem the first six chapters of Conquest and Birthright are the same. A change in overall difficulty would obviously more influence the middle and late game (especially later gym leaders, trainers, fewer heals later on, harder Elite 4, harder victory road rtc)
>>
>>26480201

That's pretty pointless when GTS is a thing
>>
>>26480167
The difference is FE has to give one of their versions an incentive to get people to buy it. Pokemon having two versions is part of their Brand and it's so huge people buy both regardless.
>>
>>26480136
Considering she's the first leader you can't make her too difficult so
>give her three pokemon
>bump them to levels 14 to 17
>max HP and defense to make use of status moves
>egg moves
>>
>>26480231

I actually don't know a single person who buys both just because. People usually only buy one version and most decide for the legendary for that.

Only hardboiled autists really buy both version (I mean still what's the point. Do you play through the same game twice?)
>>
>>26480235
>status

Too hard, you lost 75% or greater of people.
>>
>>26480254
I know multiple people who buy both. Not including the (mostly) casuals who buy both to have a complete collection of Pokemon games.
I'll also add that Pokemon having two versions was to encourage trading with the version you don't have. So not buying both versions is not a big deal.
>>
>>26480272
Yeah no, Pokemon players are stupid but not that stupid.
>>
>>26480284
What stupid? You don't need to use support ever in any pokemon game.
>>
>>26480320
>You don't need to use support ever in any pokemon game.
Which is partly why the game is easy. You can just blitz the game with attack moves like an idiot.
>>
>>26480338
Well, I know at least a few RPGs where you can also simply just blindly power your way through it. The only one I've played where you DO have to use buffs and the like, it's because the game is purposely being unfair, like they have godly def, even for a boss, or they have hax abilities like being able to 100% status you (and instant death is a status). Basically everything you yourself will never be able to do. True, it is common for bosses to have abilities that you don't have, but not to the point where they break the game in their favor. That's not skill, it's bullshit. If you want skill, then skill is not something RPGs do that well. All I have to do is have the item that counters you, or to know what your weakness is.
>>
File: image.png (157 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
image.png
157 KB, 512x512
>>26480197
To each their own, I guess. I prefer the FE games' artstyle since a lot of the characters have nice, clean faces, though it does admittedly make some of them look a bit generic. Plus, Pokemon itself suffers from looking generic since everyone has only two face types, whereas in FE there's at least a bit of variety with the cast, and the males actually look like men.
>>
>>26480034
make Onix not have absolutely abysmal stats and moves?
>>
File: RageStick-1.png (531 KB, 382x1024) Image search: [Google]
RageStick-1.png
531 KB, 382x1024
THAT FUCKING CHAPTER 10 IN CONQUEST WITH THE 'DEFEND THE DOCKS' IS FUCKING HARD AS BALLS! THEY JUST KEEP FUCKING SENDING REINFORCEMENTS AND FUCK!!
>>
>>26479859
Why do FE fags act like they were the first to do this?
Zelda did it way earlier and better with OoS and OoA.
>>
>>26481361
I had trouble with that too until I changed Niles and Mozu's class so I could have two on the turrets and cover more ground.
>>
>>26481418
>Mozu

I did that too. (Mozu a cute)

I got to the point where that fucker drained the water, and their Pegasus bitches broke through my ranks and occupied one of the green spots, making me lose. I was fuming mang, I'll probably try again in a bit, but losing in Fire Emblem is infuriating cause you literally just completely wasted an hour of your time.
>>
>>26481233
And there are games where status is made actually helpful and not a fucking chore to use but still not required to win. But this obviously requires balancing and no one nowadays bothers balancing anything
>>
>>26480077
>That fucker would always appear when you're unpreprared usually are weakened at the end of a road and has a full team of diverse Pokemon.
No he didn't. There was literally no point where he did that. Stop fucking confusing your ebin gary oak maymays with reality. Let me guess, you believe he stood right outside caves or outside pokemon centers? Fucking retard.
>>
>>26481346
Then what is to stop the player from using the sooped up Onix?
>>
>>26481883
The fact you can't capture Onix until later.
>>
>>26480077
>>26481492

The only time this was remotely true was in the S.S Anne but you could backtrack.
Silph Co. Where you could also backtrack or go to the upper floor and heal.
>>
>>26480034
moveset of:
wrap
rock throw
screech

ai only uses wrap unless rock throw is super effective, only uses screech on the last pokemon
>>
>>26480023
Even fates has difficulty settings, and on conquest it's not bullshit difficulty (unlike radiant dawn where they remove the weapon triangle and you can't see enemy ranges) but rather enemies stats don't inflate and they just get more skills
>>
>>26480197
>I'd rather have ugly and boring anime style over boring anime style
Both aren't that great but why the fuck would you prefer squirrelface
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.