[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Johto Classic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7
File: 1418969419925.png (39 KB, 159x163) Image search: [Google]
1418969419925.png
39 KB, 159x163
Is it to late to still join?
free pokemon is whitneys milk tank
post teams
>>
File: 78motiru.png (8 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
78motiru.png
8 KB, 300x300
I think it's still open, OP.
>>
>>26479241

Should definitely still be open.

My team:

Charizard
Raichu
Gengar
Dragonite
Feraligatr
Ursaring
>>
My internet is fine but I waited 20 minutes for my if and nothing happened so I gave up
>>
>>26483193
>Raichu
why
>>
>>26483318

Because it's my favorite and this tourney is for fun, not for glory. Everyone gets the same reward either way, right?

Besides. Playing in Showdown, it's become apparent to me that nobody knows it has Lightningrod. It kills Jolteon, Zapdos, and Raikou like they're nothing by switching in for Feraligatr and Charizard.
>>
>>26483318
Fastest Fake Out user. Hit's decently hard as a mixed attacker.
>>
>>26483349

It's all Special. Mainly just Lightningrod gimmick. I have a physical one, but not in this.
>>
>>26479241
im going with
azumarill
dragonir
scizor
as core and im still not sure what i supplement it with but ninetales(drought), venusaur, zapdos seems to be okay to get around most shit that is a problem
also in b4 azumarill dragonir scizor will be most used pokemans because they are op af in this meta
>>
Golem
Venusaur
Lanturn
Slowbro
Umbreon
Flareon

Trying not to fuck up, my first tournament thing ever.
>>
>>26479241
>free pokemon is whitneys milk tank
why bother joining if all you're getting is that
>>
>>26479241
Just signed up. Not late.

RMT:
Azumarill
Magneton
Zapdos
Tyranitar
Gengar
Dragonite
>>
File: 1400908935738.png (1 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1400908935738.png
1 MB, 1500x1500
I'm going to weather; Sand, Rain or Sun?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10318916
>>
>>26484631
Sand.
>>
Venusaur
Scizor
Dragonite
Typhlosion
Jolteon
Slowking
>>
>>26484254
Machamp shits all over your team after slowbro is kill.
>>
T-Tar/Scizor/Zapdos is a decent sand team, right?
>>
Clefable
Quagsire
Tyranitar
Scizor
Gengar
Dragonite

I don't know what I'm doing so just used some of my old favorites. Wanted to just try and have some fun.
>>
>>26484731
sand is shit in this meta. sun and rain are a lot better.
>>
See you on the battlefield friends :^)
>>
It's going to be fun! I loved the Kanto Classics competition. Being able to use held items this time is such a blessing.

My team:

Heracross
Zapdos
Entei
Marowak
Kingdra
Snorlax
>>
>>26484591
For fun...?
>>
Since we're posting

>Electrode
>Feraligatr
>Donphan
>Forretress
>Umbreon
>Rapidash
>>
File: j94piJw.png (88 KB, 302x466) Image search: [Google]
j94piJw.png
88 KB, 302x466
My murkrow
>>
I'm seeing a lot of Zapdos and a lot of Umbreon, neither of which my current team can deal with easily. Who should I replace with Machamp?
>Clefable
>Gengar
>Slowbro
>Snorlax
>Zapdos
>Scizor
>>
>>26486021

Probably Snorlax.

>>26485190

That's what I'm doing, too. I hate people who get overly competitive over a for-fun competition. A bit of competitive spirit is fine, but do you really have to suck the fun out of the game for this?
>>
>>26485190
>My favorites are all top-tier threats
>>
>>26487711

I've seen it happen. I've made some new favorites by trying higher-tier stuff, too.
>>
Newb here. What exactly is this? How do I enter?
>>
I've been using SkarmBliss + Porygon2 pretty well
>>
>>26488074
My team fucking sucks
>>
Zapdos
Azumarill
Dragonite
Gengar
Umbreon
Special Gen4 3 Shiny Entei
>>
Nevermind that, just won 3 of my 3 battles.
>>
you dont need to win for biancas miltank, right?
>>
Ugh, just came up against a stall gligar.

Easily swept the rest of his team, now it's just toxic/roost/feint spam.
>>
>>26489598
just play 3 matches.
>>
>>26489697
stall entei and jolteon fucked my shit up.Didnt bring a phazer for their sub and double team shenanigans
>>
WAit
What is it about the reward?
Literally never took part in any tournament.
>>
>>26486021
>>26489697
it's like taunt doesn't exist
>>
>>26491096
Went up an Assist (to Dark Void guaranteed because his other two Pokemon were Smeargle and Ditto) lefties sub swagger Persian.
It was hell, but my Venusaur won in the end.

I saved the replay if you wanted to see it.
>>
>>26491321
show, please.

I went against a dude with a lv 1 lapras, rhyhorn and hoppip. Fearing for gimmicks I switches to T-tar to setup sandstorm, but guy used splash with his hoppip, ice beam with his lapras and thunder fang with rhyhorn. Literally what.
>>
All these fucking stall teams are doing my head in. Before now I've really only played VGC16/Battle Spot Special. Why the fuck is this so goddamn slow??

>>26491179
Really missing my Gengar, not sure why I didn't bring it.
>>
>>26491345
Fucking nips just slap a defensive nature with sub, baton pass, double team and protect on fucking every pokemon. Including frail and slow shit like flareons.
>>
>>26491342
I assume that bloke just wanted to have a laugh, just get the prize or was retarded, either way, you got a win.

DT8W-WWWW-WW45-QBBT
The Ninetales is mostly there to get the sun up for my Venusaur.
>>
3v3 makes it a bit too luck based I think. Like, your absolute best bet is to make 2 core teams in one with 2 different strategies, and hope that the strategy you pick is good enough to net you a win.

I didn't do that and tried making a fun team that would have a small counter to everything, and I've got my shit pounded in even in matches I should've won easily.

Espeon with specs and trick
Quagsire with Unaware and Stockpile
Dragonite standard set
Azumarill standard set
Lanturn with Expert Belt and HP Fire, took a while to breed it
Gengar from Halloween 2014 event with Sludge Wave
>>
>>26491376
Holy shit, that was painful to watch.
>>
>>26491491
I'll say.
I got so mad because I'd only had good, fun matches before that.

Excuse the leftovers on Venusaur, I forgot where I left my Black Sludge.
>>
>>26491498
It felt so satisfying when you finally got rid of that Persian.
>>
>>26491528
Thanks, I felt the same.
I got madder than I usually do with these sorts of things, but damn it was satisfying to wreck that cunt.
>>
File: image.jpg (829 KB, 1984x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
829 KB, 1984x1936
>>26487711

I'll probably be playing them "wrong" then since they are just ones I like. I like having plushies of my teams. (Haven't found a good scizor plush so heracross is standing in.)
>>
>>26492751
That Clefairy is adorable.
Where did you get it?

I absolutely love the line, but haven't used one since it got the Fairy typing.
>>
>>26492765
Came from eBay. The Pokemon Center just did a line with Clefairy, Lapras, Eevee, and Growlithe modeled after how they look in the anime.

If you search "Pokemon center Clefairy" they should pop up. Just order from someone with that gold top seller tier. I paid about 20$ and 6$ shipping.
>>
>>26492837
That's fucking ace, thanks.

Although I'll have to pay more because Australia.
>>
All these teams are super fucking annoying.
This 3v3 format is really boring too, why can't I use all my pokemon?
>>
What are the biggest threats people have encountered so far?

Still working on my team and trying to figure out what to worry about.
>>
>>26493611
I've won almost all of my battles and the only threat is me bringing in the wrong Pokemon.
>>
>>26494013

3edgy5me
>>
>>26494098
What?
How is that edgy?

My errors are the biggest threat to my wins.
I fail to see how that's edgy.

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>26483193
Nice team, mine is Ditto, Magneton, Aerodactyl, Machamp, Gyarados and Blastoise.
>>
>>26485975
Electrode was a vital part of my my team in Kanto Classic. That Speed is so useful.
>>
>>26485190
Gengar, Quagsire, and Dragonite are some of my personal favorites, and I've seen a lot of people like the other three on that team, it sounds like the meta was just fortunate to him.
>>
File: ballitism.png (62 KB, 673x468) Image search: [Google]
ballitism.png
62 KB, 673x468
1 - 0 so far!
>>
Stall being stalled, feels good.

4B7W WWWW WW45 V4UR
>>
>>26495040
That was a damn good battle.
Fuck that guy.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.