[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: platinum.png (118 KB, 250x224) Image search: [Google]
platinum.png
118 KB, 250x224
Find a flaw.
>>
>Gen4
>>
File: bv8p96t7p.gif (993 KB, 450x272) Image search: [Google]
bv8p96t7p.gif
993 KB, 450x272
>>26474503
No remakes yet
>>
Too slow compared to 5 and 6. Seriously, the amount of time it takes for HP to decrease. Still my favourite though.
>>
>>26474503
It's gen 4.
>>
>>26474528
>HP decrease
>Move animations
>Everything
Gen 4 was mad slow
>>
>>26474503
there aren't any, op.
>>
It heavily improved on Diamond and Pearl, but it is still so slow. Both, story and gameplay wise. The pacing is like a snail's crawl, and battles take way too long. Then there's the fact that it still has Gen IV's crap selection that needed to rely on putting in a ton of previous gen pokemon to give us better variety.

Still, it's better than Gen VI.
>>
>>26474654
>Gen IV's crap selection that needed to rely on putting in a ton of previous gen Pokemon to give us better variety
this isn't a criticism
literally every gen has done this except I and V
>>
>>26474710

II and III mostly had enough variety in their new dexes that you could pretty easily build a team filled with new mons. IV's selection was so bad (second worst after VI) that they had to give it a major overhaul in the third game. Remember when Flint, the fire E4 member only had two fire types on his team?
>>
File: isabella.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
isabella.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
>>26474503
>Saving a lot of Data
>>
>>26474868
BW2 did this too. It just had a progress bar instead of saying "saving a lot of data."
>>
>>26474892
Don't compare 7-10 seconds loading screens to fucking 15 approx.
>>
>>26474868
I feel this on a personal level
>>
>>26474503
Ordered this, it's coming tomorrow. I've never played any of Gen 4. What am I in for boys?
>>
the cartridge is black and not a nice platinum color
>>
I read today that Gen IV games were downgraded to 30fps, something I never thought about in a Pokemon (or really any sprite-based game) before.

I guess it explains some of the sluggishness.
And I suppose we will never get another 60fps Pokemon game, will we/
>>
>>26475137
It's one of the best.
>>
File: 1417235525963.png (313 KB, 466x410) Image search: [Google]
1417235525963.png
313 KB, 466x410
Pokemon selection is absolute garbage.

Sticking in 1 not shit Pokemon every 2 routes doesn't change the fact that you're running into Bidoof and Staravia near every single route.
>>
>>26475137
good music (which I guess is a given with Pokemon games) and a lot of overworld things that slow you down such as marshes and snow. Lots of areas that require HMs, to the point where it's probably better to have a team of 4 and then 2 HM slaves.

Pick a Piplup for me. I lost my cartridge a while ago.
>>
>>26475137
>how do i download
>>
>>26474503
>No hidden abilities
>No horde battles
>No megas
>No pokegear
>Rock Climb and Defog
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.