[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of these Gen 5 Pokemon Day 67-Volcarona line
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: 257302_original.jpg (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
257302_original.jpg
58 KB, 500x500
Last time was the Hydreigon line, today will be about the fire moth Pokemon, Larvesta and Volcarona.
My thoughts: Even though Hydreigon is my favorite Pokemon of all time, Volcarona is my favorite Bug type, and IMO the best designed 5th Gen Pokemon. I find Volcarona almost flawless, it has a gorgeous design and is great to use in battle. That is the making of a great Pokemon. I did say almost though; Volcarona is great in that all it takes is one Quiver Dance and it's sweepville from there, but you do have to watch out for: the 4x weakness to Rock, Bravest Bird, and from my personal experiencemail, a bit of frailty. Even without the former two, I've had my Volcarona OHKO if I choose to set off a Quiver Dance. Still, 90% of the time you are going to get that QD, and then the fun starts.
Concept wise, I have to say Volcarona has one of the most creative. Before Solgaleo, Volcarona seems to be based on a combination of all manor of sun based deities. It's also based on the largest moth in the world, the Atlas moth. So to sum it all up Volcarona is a Sun god in the form of a super moth. That, is awesome.

Overall: Volcarona is a GOAT Pokemon. Again, it has a gorgeous design, and is great to use in battle.
>>
File: fluffybuge.jpg (489 KB, 665x1000) Image search: [Google]
fluffybuge.jpg
489 KB, 665x1000
>>26470545
Gen V really was kind to Bug Types and Volcarona is way up there with the best. The design is so elegant, and it manages to look really cuddly and warm at the same time. Raising one in-game is absolutely hellish, but way worth it.

Hidden Ability changed to Drought when.
>>
I like Volcarona just fine, I've used one to great success and everything, but I think people overrate its design because of how great of a Pokémon it is. It has a sun motif, yeah, but when I found the thing in game I thought it looked like it had no personality. Its body is really wide for some reason, and that fanart is misleading because it has no pupils, just a cross in its blue eyes. There's nothing wrong with it per se, I just don't think it's as great of a design as others seem to.

Larvesta I have no real opinions about, I refused to raise one in BW because of the ridiculously high level at which it evolves. Its design is fine, though the sun ray things seem like they would make it hard to walk around without bumping into things
>>
>>26470545
It's a interesting Sun Pokémon.
>>
It's very overrated.
>>
>>26470545
Favorite Pokemon of all time, really hope it gets a new great ability or a good mega in g7.

>kiddies ragequit after having Bravest Bird or Shitzard OHKO from HPRock
>6-0 kiddies with QD and Fiery Dance,
>Getting clutch FB procs
>All this while look simply elagant
>>
Best Bug type.
>>
>>26470545
DUDE ROCKS LMAO
Now that that's over with, I love it. 10/10 design, 10/10 typing. The only problem is when it evolves from Larvesta.
>Hey, when should we make Larvesta evolve into Volcarona? I have it at level 59 as a placeholder, but it should be changed, right?
>DUDE NO LMAO
>>
>10/10 design
>unique typing
>great stats
>fantastic signature move
>quiver dance
>recovery
Volcarona is perfection
>>
It was the first Pokemon I feel in love with when I saw the listing of Gen V Pokemon. By the time I played the game and realized I couldnt actually get through the main game with it and it was a whole Ordeal to capture it later it kinda turned me off from it. I still like it, but mostly can't be bothered w/ it anymore
>>
Fun as fuck to use, and a top tier design. The only flaw is it evolves so late.
>>
>>26470545
My favorite Gen 5 Pokemon and 5th favorite Pokemon overall (or 2nd favorite since I have a 4-way tie for 1st place). It reminded me of Mothra plus wamoura (fire moth monsters) from FFXI which made me instantly love it.

I just wish it had 600 BST. We already had a gen with 2 pseudos so why not again? Add a pupal midstage at around level 30 if you have to.

>>26470678
Fuck off, Richard.
>>
>>26471302
Ok I'm curious
What are you 4 favourite Pokémon?
>>
Favorite bug.

Love it, the design, and move pool.
>>
File: 1463959764695.jpg (475 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
1463959764695.jpg
475 KB, 2000x1500
>>26470545
absolutely love this fluffy sun flower buge, and still use it to this day. i have a feeling that this moth will get a mega, its not even jested nearly as much as hydreigon.
>>
>>26470545
Gen 5 was full of extremes, lots of great Pokemon, but also a whole lot of shitty ones.

Volcarona is one of the best and that's saying something. Great design, not useless in battle, but sadly unusable in doubles (not that I play VGC much anyways, but it's sad that it's outshined in the official format) and with a crippling Stealth Rocks weakness.

Wish they gave it a good Hidden Ability, but they just had to fuck it up.
>>
>>26471368
Meowth, Sableye, Metagross, Rotom

And if you're Richard then fuck off.
>>
Favorite Bug and Fire type. Volcarona is indeed GOAT.
>>
I think its fantastic. Great moveset, and the design looks so warm and fuzzy while also maintaining an almost mythological aura. Plus its awesome to burn physical attackers with Flame Body.
>>
It's my favorite fire type.
>>
>>26470545
Volcarona is a great party babysitter, able to fly, warm eggs, and still fight in case you accidentally find a trainer you missed.

In competitive, it is one of the few reasons bug types are even on the map.

Design-wise, they outdid themselves. They could have left it at firefly, but no, they went sun-deity fiery bug monster.

9/10, only flaw is that it is useless in a playthrough. Great pokemon.
>>
Synonymous for trash, like the rest of Gen V.
>>
File: q7a3uEY1P1un95hzo1_1280.jpg (528 KB, 858x580) Image search: [Google]
q7a3uEY1P1un95hzo1_1280.jpg
528 KB, 858x580
>>26470545
Awesome pokemon, both in design and moveset. Although it's completely destroyed by rocks with it's frail defense, can set up with fiery/quiver dance and destroy everything

Definitely one of my favorites.
>>
>>26474223
They did give you one pretty early in B/W2 so that was pretty neat.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.