[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand why you guys assume that Samurott's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 15
File: 1460626891034-817769962.jpg (640 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1460626891034-817769962.jpg
640 KB, 2048x1536
I don't understand why you guys assume that Samurott's body type doesn't enable it to properly use it's swords. It's 3D model showcases that has bendable leg joints of a terrestrial animal which would allow it to feasibly stand and move. And the swords are literally extensions of it's leg armor which means they are not only used for offensive purposes(just like the Scalchops it used to fight with)

I can understand your frustration of it not being a stretched out Dewott, but how does the actual design's objective functionalities fail to live up to it's concept as an aquatic warrior?
>>
You know it has to use one hand/paw because it needs the other for balancing? That alone looks ridiculous enough.

I think a person's effectiveness with a sword has a lot to do with posture and the way Samurott is bent over, it would barely be able to use its strength to swing the sword properly. Even standing up, it stands like a dog stands, wobbly and oddly.
>>
>>26470017
>this autist again
Just deal with it, samurott is shit and no amount of shitposting will help
>>
>>26470017
Put two sheathes on your forearms like this guy has. Now simultaneously draw both swords from those sheathes.
Doesn't work, does it?
>>
>>26470017
I didn't mind Samurott's design, but I can't stand it in context of following Dewott. Why does it have to have that sea lion face?
>>
The concept of a warrior pokemon with a weapon was done better with cubone and marowak

A pokemon who apparently fucking dual weilds being on all fours all the time makes no sense
>>
>>26470078
You could argue that Samurott only uses the sword for quick strikes before putting it back in the leg-sheath instead of pulling it out and keeping it out and properly swordfighting. That is all we really see it do in animations, after all. It still looks kinda stupid, but I imagine if a dog could swipe at you quickly with a sword it could be pretty effective.

My biggest problem is that the horn on the helmet would make it hard for it to get close enough to use the sword in the first place.
>>
>>26470078
Good thing samurott isnt a person then
>>
>>26470093
>this autist again
Just deal with it, samurott is fine and no amount of shitposting will help
>>
File: 4030129.jpg (46 KB, 250x170) Image search: [Google]
4030129.jpg
46 KB, 250x170
>>26470118
>A pokemon who apparently fucking dual wields being on all fours all the time makes no sense
Samurott usually fights and shows off one sword most of time anyway. As a single sword is powerful enough to do severe damage and also showcases the enhanced Scalchop.
>>
File: 26994413_p0.png (407 KB, 609x600) Image search: [Google]
26994413_p0.png
407 KB, 609x600
>>26470017
I want to fuck that butt
>>
>>26470242
There are movements that are stronger than others.
Why deadlifts will be the heaviest lifts a human can do, why squats will be heavier than benchpress etc.
If we used Samurott's musculature as any indicator of what he would be good at he would be better off being an underwater battering ram that uses that helmet.
>>
>>26470242
I want that figurine.
>>
I like samurott :^)
>>
I think they were gonna make Samurott a true sword-using biped, but then they realized that was just a little too Digimon-ish looking.
>>
File: stillanotter.png (2 MB, 1684x1012) Image search: [Google]
stillanotter.png
2 MB, 1684x1012
>>26470117
>Why does it have to have that sea lion face?
Its face is more on pair with river otters than pinnipeds though.
>>
>>26470242
>>26470118
its his helmet that really fucks his design

when i saw samurott i thought it used its fucking helmet aw some kind of sword or some shit
>>
>>26470017

Sea otter evolves into a sea lion.

Thats the only problem I have with it. If its previous evos resembled a sea lion instead I would actually like it.

Now we have a real sea lion water starter and whats he gonna do evolve into a sea otter?
>>
>>26470709
Look >>26470650
Its body structure is more on pair with river otters than sea otters and sea lions. I mean the fact that its wearing a helmet and came from otter-like creatures and people assume that it stopped being a mustelid? Seriously?
>>
>>26470108
This. Interesting how this also has no response from the samurottfags
>>
>>26470650
That top right picture should be enough of an indication that you're reaching. The left picture is the closest pic I've seen from the otter side to resembling Samurott. Sea lion faces look more naturally like Samurott's because of the narrowed snout.
>>
>>26470791

Ken Sugimori stated he based it on a sea lion when he had a designers block back during the release.
>>
>>26470108
>>26470875
>Needs to duel weld
>Begins standing
>Draws a sword out from one arm
>Draws another one out from the opposite arm
>??????
Was it that fucking hard to visualize?
>>
File: otters.png (2 MB, 1459x2001) Image search: [Google]
otters.png
2 MB, 1459x2001
>>26470946
>That top right picture should be enough of an indication that you're reaching
Not really.
>Sea lion faces look more naturally like Samurott's because of the narrowed snout.
If that was the case then why does it's body structure lack the full fledged aquatic structure of a sea lion then? Sea lions don't have dexterous forelegs and a separate tail and hind legs.
>>26470947
That was the idea, but instead making it a full fledged seal, he decided to blend the animal with the sea otter(a mustelid). Care to guess what the final result would most likely resemble?
>>
>>26471192
Now none of those left-side pictures match Samurott.

And notice I've been talking about its face. But if you want to talk about the body, otters don't have large flabby arms bending outward, which better imitates a sea lion flipper with a finger set at the tip.
>>
>>26470991
By the time it's finished, the opponent already attacked twice
>>
>>
File: 16d.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
16d.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>
>>
File: sworddrawspeed.png (232 KB, 819x656) Image search: [Google]
sworddrawspeed.png
232 KB, 819x656
>>26471255
Nice false analogy
>>26471245
>Now none of those left-side pictures match Samurott.
>And notice I've been talking about its face.
The muzzle size doesn't remove the fact the its still a mustelid. No matter how much you try to deny this. And some otters have sea lion-sized snouts anyway(even if its a rarity).
>otters don't have large flabby arms bending outward, which better imitates a sea lion flipper with a finger set at the tip.
The issue that the legs function like an otters or a terrestrial animals and not a sluggish seal(pinniped) flippers. And the only difference between flippers and webbed feet that flippers are skeletaly structured to work solely for water mobility. You can't say the same for the functionally of Samurott's legs. As their able to support it's body weight, and effortlessly give it land mobility like an semi aquatic mustelid's would do.
>>
>>26471519
>trusting the Pokedex's absurd exaggerations
>ever

But anyway,
>The muzzle size doesn't remove the fact the its still a mustelid. No matter how much you try to deny this.
What fact? How up your ass are you? It's a Pokemon. My original point was that its face was more akin to sea lions, to which you replied the face was more on par with river otters, and you're trying to discard the whole basis of the argument of the muzzle size better resembling sea lions?

And then you're talking about function. The base argument is appearance. We complain because it looks too much like a sea lion, not because it doesn't act enough like an otter.
>>
>>26471298
>floppy magic blades to hide the fact it solid shell blades cant work
>drawing from hind legs instead of front arm scabbard
>no front arm scabbards to begin with

>>26471519
>false analogy
With what?
>>
>>26471687
>What fact? How up your ass are you? It's a Pokemon
And Samurott's name is Samurai + Otter and ACTS, and MOVES, like an OTTER. How up is your ass in the denial corner?
>to discard the whole basis of the argument of the muzzle size better resembling sea lions
So are you trying to convince me that muzzle alone is enough to remove it's connection with mustelids? Get da fuck outta here. You may as well say that Heatmor isn't a anteater because it doesn't have ears right?
>We complain because it looks too much like a sea lion, not because it doesn't act enough like an otter.
Anatomy is a part of aesthetics dude. People who say this probably have zero knowledge about zoologyaka, are objective retards. Its body STRUCTURE is more like a river otter than a fucking sea lion. Oshawott ends up into a river-otter-like creature, not a god damn pinniped.
>>
>>26472037
Btw I spoilered that "aka, are objective retards" quote but some reason the words are not in a spoiler, what the fuck?
>>
>>26470017
look at how derpy it looks.
swinging a pointy paddle with one arm while on all 4.

it is a stupid design and a step back from its second form.
>>
B...But CHILDREN'S GAME! THE GAME IS THE BIBLE! EVERYTHING IS SUPPOSED TO BE NONSENSE! WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE NONSENSE! IF YOU'RE AN ADULT, GET OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>26470709
look man, all the teeny songbirds evolve into birds of prey, and a lot of the rodents evolve into rabbits.

And there's the whole vertebrate evolving into an invertebrate deal with Octillery.

This shit ain't new.
>>
>>26472012
>And Samurott's name is Samurai + Otter and ACTS, and MOVES, like an OTTER. How up is your ass in the denial corner?
And this has nothing to do with how it looks. Next you're going to argue that Blastoise looks more like a shellfish than a turtle because the Dex calls it the shellfish Pokemon.

>So are you trying to convince me that muzzle alone is enough to remove it's connection with mustelids? Get da fuck outta here. You may as well say that Heatmor isn't a anteater because it doesn't have ears right?
I'm talking relative, and I thought you were too. It has more of a sea lion face than a sea otter face.

>Anatomy is a part of aesthetics dude.
Ok

>People who say this probably have zero knowledge about zoologyaka, are objective retards.
You lost me, especially since the design is inspired by sea lions.

>Its body STRUCTURE is more like a river otter than a fucking sea lion. Oshawott ends up into a river-otter-like creature, not a god damn pinniped.
When you look at Samurott, from what is visible you see a narrow snout, 4 pizza slice legs, and a fanned tail. The fanned tail and the fingers are non-sea lion elements, but the narrow snout and the legs do resemble sea lions parts.
>>
>>26471255
there's an entire swordfighting style that relies on drawing your sword out of it's sheathe to guide the slashing angle, and often times they carry multiple swords for different purposes, or because they are ambidextrous..
>>
File: Zukan_BW04_C4.png (141 KB, 320x310) Image search: [Google]
Zukan_BW04_C4.png
141 KB, 320x310
>>26472181
>B...But CHILDREN'S GAME!
The worst part that this line is something only children would fully appreciate. Instead of "muh bipedal ottermon!" autistic neckbeards would cry about, children would notice the samurai references this line gives away and would see Samurott as the shell armored warrior as intended. How pathetically sad from you adult fans.
>>
File: Samurott BS last evo.jpg (53 KB, 1098x548) Image search: [Google]
Samurott BS last evo.jpg
53 KB, 1098x548
This
<--
>>
>>26472506
the one on the left will get his feet cut off at the ankles
>>
>>26472417
Samurott looks like he fell off from his wheelchair and is trying to reach for the phone to call for help
>>
>>26472622
Kek
>>
>oshowott is bipedal
>dewott is bipedal
>samurott is quadrupedal
literally why?
>>
File: Samurott_v04_012.png (58 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
Samurott_v04_012.png
58 KB, 200x200
>>26472506
For a creature built for aquatic combat, Samurott being 4-legged warrior isn't that flawed at all.
>>
>>26472723
its an otter though, not a fish
how is it supposed to fight on land?
>>
>>26472760
Just like the Musketeers
>>
>>26472760
It's a fucking cartoon character.

It can pull off anime bullshit.
>>
>>26472903
the musketeers don't wield and fight with swords, though. they can ram with horns/heads and shit but samurott explicitly uses a sword
>>
>>26472955
that doesnt make it look any less awkward and retarded, though
>>
>samurott has flaws
>hated for it

>shitnaught has the exact same flaws, plus a truckload of flaws
>not as hated as samurott

This is injustice.
>>
Looks like a gator eating giant otter to me. Honestly this is one of those you like it or don't Pokemon. Just move the fuck on.
>>
>>26470078
I used to have a three legged cat as a pet.
>>
>>26472956
So when will Megahorn be renamed to Megasword?
>>
>>26473154
The helmet horn is just another samurai aspect tho. They made it a weapon because every shell Samurott wears would provide an offensive mechanism. Shell Armor = Swords Shell Helmet = Spear
>>
>>26472992
Chesnaughtist please get some rest, you've fought the good fight enough for today
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.