[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There's a chance to get back walking Pokémon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Guy_with_Bulldog.gif (151 KB, 230x280) Image search: [Google]
Guy_with_Bulldog.gif
151 KB, 230x280
There's a chance to get back walking Pokémon?
>>
sellin lobbies 200gp
sellin lobbies 200gp
sellin lobbies 200gp
sellin lobbies 200gp
sellin lobbies 200gp
>>
Having Pokemon Amie and pokemon walking behind you in the same game would be great.
>>
>>26469995
100% not
>>
>>26470019
I hate how just bringing up walking Pokémon makes people throw a shitfit and say Amie is better, as if I don't want both for the best experience.
Though that's only been lately, probably just one guy.
>>
>>26469995
No, fuck that.
Would work in a game with sprites, but they would have to make +720 new Pokemon models and animations, without making them look awkward because of sizes.
>>
>>26470000
>too expensive
>>
>>26470094
They'd have to make that *in the current generation*.
>>
>>26470098
180gp at the very least. I was always relatively successful.
>>
>>26470094
They could put a limit on which Pokemon can follow you based on size.

They wouldn't have to create new models. The overworld trainers are now the same as in-battle, so the standard models could be used just fine. As far as animations, they already did that and more for Amie, so why not for following?
>>
>>26470094
If they're not faggotd they could use the 721 SMD with different shaders
>>
>>26470069
It's one of those "done to death" suggestions that have been repeated over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over (do you get the point yet?).
It doesn't add anything to the experience and the only point that ever makes sense in favor of it is "I just like it". Which, hey, I do too. It just doesn't change the fact that many of us have gone over this exact topic for over a decade.
>hide the thread
If someone ever does bring up a good point about it I would be happy to hear it.
>>
>>26469995
>twelve years later and I'm not even maxed
>>
File: 2n7308z.jpg (159 KB, 960x465) Image search: [Google]
2n7308z.jpg
159 KB, 960x465
>>
>>26470149
One of the main reasons for me is:

Have you noticed how little we actually SEE Pokémon in the overworld? Wouldn't you imagine that cities and routes would be full of pet and wild Pokémon walking around? But no, we barely see a trainer have a Skitty or something by their side once per city and one random ass Chinchou swimming away when diving. It's stupid.

With the removal of chibi overworld, I think this should be the gen where we see:

Only big enough Pokémon are able to be surfed on / dived on / soared on (yes they can give you a free Lapras or lend you a Big Bird Taxi Flute or something if you don't have any) and you can actually see their models.

They manually choose which Pokémon are able to participate in Sky Battles so that stupid shit like Dustox not being valid for it doesn't happen.

Also, make underwater battles behave like Sky Battles, as in, only aquatic Pokémon can paticipate, and the physics are animated accordingly.
>>
>>26470199
Animals with weapons and knifes.
>>
>>26470131
>They could put a limit on which Pokemon can follow you based on size.
No, that's retarded.

>They wouldn't have to create new models
>using 12k polygon models in the overworld when the game already lags in battle
No, that's retarded.

>>26470199
>Lucemon SM should be at least as tall as that tunnel
>barely taller than a boy
Not to mention that the zones in the game aren't big and they're not many too. They do look stylish though.
>>
>>26470295
>No, that's retarded.
>No, that's retarded.

Those are some iron-clad arguments you've got there, Anon.
>>
>>26470284
>underwater battles
Ok, anon. At first I genuinely thought you were curious why people are sick and tired of seeing this shit but now I realize I'm being trolled by more done-to-death suggestions. Well played for toying with my gullibility .
>>
>>26470149
It actually gives the game some flavour. With an outdated battling system and same formula regurgitated over and over again, its nice to have some features that actually make you feel immersed in the game. Trainer customization and following pokemon actually make you feel like you're going on a pokemon adventure.
>>
>>26470325
Im realizing that you're a miserable person who doesn't like fun, sunlight and sugar in your coffee. People like you should not be deciding what goes in games
>>
File: 1463775311285.png (92 KB, 654x469) Image search: [Google]
1463775311285.png
92 KB, 654x469
What if only your starters followed you ???
>>
>>26470408
>"I just like it" : the post
>>26470431
You've got to be trolling, or this is your first day in any pokemon related board.
"Hey guys, what if pokemon followed you again, huh? Oh, you've heard that? Ok, well what about X- battles like sky battles are for flying pokemon only x-battles are for x pokemon"
Seriously, just lurk more.
>>
>>26470511
You're an idiot. Go ask your mom for a hug and take a walk. you need it
>>
>>26470666
>waaah, I have no argument
18+
>>
>>26470408
Beating up people for no good reason is not an adventure.
>>
They're to lazy to do it, they just make 120 Pokemon and put them on shithole region, add s villainous team and call it a day. Thus franchise has so much untapped potential without even having to add more Pokemon
>>
>new characters models arent chibi anymore so they're more realistic now
>yet people still expecting pokemon following you

Dont be stupid, they've made the overworld to be more realistic so pokemon like Onix, Wailord or Groudon would look out of place
>>
literally the most useless feature
>>
I'm guessing we won't get it completely in S&M because of the extra work it would require
Though i wouldn't be surprised if we got something similar to amity square for only a few select pokes

Maybe, just maybe we'll get it fully for the games after S&M
>>
>>26469995
I just want capsule balls back.
>>
Better question is, why wasn't it in Gen5 (other than that little house) when they probably knew it would be difficult to redo it in future games?
>>
>>26470437
This is fine. As long as you could choose which one.
>>
Fuck yeah, RuneScape thread!
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.