[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did any of you get the invite yet? pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (603 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
603 KB, 1920x1080
Did any of you get the invite yet?
pic related
>>
>playing mobile genwunner propaganda

Fuck off back to Facebook and join the normietendo 64 liberals.
>>
>>26470025
>LIKE WHAT I LIKE
>>
Not yet, but still hopeful
>>
>>26470025
This is a thread about invites. Please direct your anger and bitching to the other thread.
>>
>>26470044
As far as I can tell nobody has one yet. Not seeing it on twitter, reddit, or here.
Unless they literally ran the fuck out the door the second the got it, they probably haven't quite gone out yet. I figured we would find out when they actually do here.
>>
>>26470030
>>26470045

let me fix this for you

>i enjoy contributing to the reasons why the series continues to decline, and also enjoy forking over cash, hand over foot, to let gamefreak fuck me

fuck your stupid thread and fuck you
>>
>>26470107
Stay mad, my friend :)
>>
>>26469946
They'll probably make another announcement when the invites do roll out. I'm excited just for the possibility to get my hands on it and see what Pokemon they ended up putting in NYC.
>>
>>26470025
Are there only gen 1 pokemon in it?

Is so lame, Gen 1 had the worst designs on average bar gen 6.
>>
>>26470218
Yup! Just another quality game by everyone's favorite developers!
>>
>>26470025
>>26470107
This is some top kek material right here.
>>
>>26470207
they didn't when Aus/NZ got it, but they are indeed less important than the US so I see your point.
>>26470222
Checked. Glad to see you're still lurking, my very upset friend!
>>
>>26469946
What does the CP on the HP bars mean? o-o
>>
>>26470218
At least it wasn't Gen 5 desu.
>>
>>26470218
>>26470222

I don't think so. I've heard the opposite, but could be wrong
>>
>>26470238
Gen 5 literally had the best designs, no contrarian.

It has a few stinkers but no gen is free of those.
>>
>>26470230
Not that anon, but I agree. Why on earth would you want to play this? From what we've seen it not only looks horrible but plays horribly too.

It barely even looks like a game, even. It's just your regular freemium mobile crap, but people are eating it up this time because it has a Pokemon skin over it.
>>
>>26470261
This is a thread about invites, but thanks for your irrelevant opinion anyway!!
>>
>>26470261
Because it's not like you have to even pay to participate. I have Pokemon Shuffle and haven't paid a cent on it.

Besides, it's still in beta testing. If the Pokemon game-making process were transparent throughout, the critical /vp/ mass would continuously shit on it since it's not perfect from the get-go. I'm sure it won't live up to every special snowflake's expectations, but we all knew it's just part of GF's attempts to capture more of the mobile market they feel they've been missing out on. Maybe GO will connect to the mainline games down the road.
>>
>only fight in gyms
>two moves
>dodging with swiping
>have to catch multiple of same pokemon to evolve it
i was so hyped but this is looking like it's going to be a flop
>>
>>26470222
>Just another quality game by everyone's favorite developers!
Niantic? I agree with the snark, they're pretty shit at game development. This is literally just a reskin.
>>
>>26470244
It's confirmed to be gen 1 only for a long time, the beta has been available in Japan for several months. They could add more pokemon in the future, but so far nothing hints at anything beyond gen 1 being planned.
>>
>>26470457
see>>26470310
>>
>people seriously expected a full featured pokemon game instead of a half assed mobile money grub
>>
>>26470324
>it's just part of GF's attempts to capture more of the mobile market
GameFreak isn't involved, Nintendo has outsourced it to a different company. they just use the gen 6 pokemon 3d models, there is no other connection to GF or the mainline series.
>>
>>26470485
Well they kind of advertised it as such, and even now that we can all see what a disaster the product is the pokemon website is presenting it as "pokemon, except in the real world!" with no hint of hesitation. People are easily fooled.
>>
>>26470474
Cry more, please.
>>
>>26470495
Masuda was talking about the mobile market's effect on the mainline games when people were eyeing the simplicity of XY, while Iwata came up with the idea.
>>
>>26470529
You're the one raging shitposts into your keyboard and bitching about a game you don't even intend to play.
Nice projecting, man! How about you go ahead and cry more ;)
>>
File: Screenshot_20160525-101438.png (321 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160525-101438.png
321 KB, 1080x1920
No, but it's confirmed that it's going on right now.. well at least that's what it says on the official pokemon site.
>>
>>26470557
>How about you go ahead and cry more ;)
> ;)
I see why this game would appeal to you, you have my sympathies.
>>
>>26470551
I doubt even the pokemon company would be stupid enough to let the sort of people who play mobile games influence their other titles.

On the other hand... they are a tempting market with their inability spend all their disposable income on in-app purchases.
>>
>>26470324
I own stock in Nintendo, so I'm counting on it to do well.
>>
>>26470107
>Continues to decline

I agree. Gen 1was my favorite,too.
>>
>>26469946
I got in on the NZ beta, but haven't really played after the first week. For some reason it just didn't grip me and felt more like a chore than something I'd like to keep playing.
>>
>>26469946
>playing mobile cancer
>people like this think they have right to complain about games
>>
>>26470745
Mine too. I know people here like to cry like babies whenever "genwunners" are "pandered" to, but I can't help but enjoy their tears.
Sorry sad little babies, Nintendo is going back to their roots with this title, no fucking around with 500 unnecessary pokemon, no "IV" and "EV"s and other autistic retardation for the competitive creeps, just pure pokemon fun like it used to be.

So all the haters whining in this thread about mobile games: lol get out. This one isn't for you, it's for us.
>>
>>26470774
Pokemon is a mobile game. The game boy is a mobile device.
>>
>>26469946
That looks...bad. And what the fuck is CP? What's wrong with calling it HP?
>>
>>26470815
There's a big fucking difference between Nintendo handhelds and mobile phones. It's quality products
>>
>>26470868
Pokemon can easily be played with a mobile phone.
>>
>>26470941
Not the 3DS ones.
Though I wouldn't blame you for wanting to skip gen 6
>>
>>26470941
Games created for physical buttons are terrible to use on a touchscreen if you have standards. If the controls were created for a touchscreen like the one on the 3/DS then it can translate easily to another touchscreen.
>>
>>26470975
The could easily implement all key features of past pokemon games into a mobile game like this if they actually gave a fuck though, smartphones have far more processing power than your old gameboys and gameboy advances had. But nope, requires too much effort.

"Mobile game developers can't make good games because " is such a nonsense excuse. This developer could have implemented battling with wild pokemon, levels, training, trading, battling with friends over wifi, pokemon nicknames, breeding, shinies, actual evolutions, all of it. But no, instead they made a safari zone simulator where you just throw pokeballs at the pokemon until it's caught or flees. So disappointing.
>>
>>26470025
>he says not noticing the generals we had when the gen1 vc games came out
Jesus man, you expect this place to have some standards?
>>
>>26470107
Also, to add to that
>not noticing the fact that /vp/ embraces things like Pokebank
>>
>>26470557
>.30ยข has been deposited into your account

now check this 7
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.