[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: You find that you have somehow traveled back in time to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 491511-pokemon-20th-anniversary.jpg (147 KB, 740x417) Image search: [Google]
491511-pokemon-20th-anniversary.jpg
147 KB, 740x417
ITT: You find that you have somehow traveled back in time to before the Pokemon franchise began, and that you have access to all the necessary resources to recreate anything from Pokemon, and you have the final say over every aspect of the series, games, anime, spinoffs, manga, etc. What do you do?
>>
don't create it, spare us all from this life
>>
>>26468092
>Keep everything the same except
>Add Tentaquill
>Remove Genies
>Remove Tobias
>Fix Unova anime
>Make XY and ORAS more difficult
>>
>>26468092

Nothing, because going back in time and making the same game will not mean it will get auto successful.
>>
>>26468092
Make it so that we get a new protagonist in the anime for each region.
>>
>Challenge mode on all games
>XY never happened
>Some XY Pokemon will be released post Gen 5
>No to 3D sprites and overworld

The transition to 3DS didn't have to look the way it did. They could have just made more detailed, smoother sprites. Fuck the 3D transition it killed some Pokemon for me.
>>
File: Fairy is the manliest type.png (142 KB, 500x398) Image search: [Google]
Fairy is the manliest type.png
142 KB, 500x398
>>26468092
>Gameplay and mechanics
Introduce difficulty settings with a noticeable impact.
Remove IVs.
Rework EVs so that the player allocates them manually after a pokemon levels up. Rework a few evolutions to occur based on EV allocation (Tyrogue, Wurmple)
Rework critical hits so that they cannot occur without a crit modifier in place.
Remove evasion.
Balance freeze and give it a reliable means to be inflicted.
Make the games less linear.
Gym leaders can now be challenged in any order and rematched at will. Their team scales with yours (IE if you fight Roxanne at level 16, she'll have her usual Geodudes and Nosepass, but if you fight her at level 60 she brings out her Aggrons and Golems.)
Implement an option that lets the player choose between double or single battles. Trainer battles(Including the E4 and champion) will always be fought in their preferred format. Wild encounters will usually be fought in their preferred format, though not always. Gym leaders will ignore their preferred format.
HMs can be forgotten in the field, and pokemon are not required to know an HM to be able to use it outside of battle. Surf becomes a TM and is replaced by a key item, though you can still surf on your pokemon if you have a pokemon with surf.

>Pokemon
Rebalance all pokemon so they fit in a set of BST tiers. IE all pokemon will have a BST of exactly 400, or 500 or 600 etc. None of this bullshit we have now with fully evolved pokemon that have a BST of 341.
Make Electivire Electric/Fighting, as well as a few other typing changes that should have happened but didn't
Swap the legendary birds and the analbead genies, so the genies are now gen 1 pokemon and people stop whining about "muh overdesigned new pokemon"
Also swap the muskedeers and the legendary beasts for the same reason.

>Regions
Replace Valerie with Valoric, a huge manly guy in a cutesy dress with bows braided into his beard. Make his team be Sylveon, Clefairy, Swirlix, Spritzee and Machamp.
>>
File: 1463844475747.png (133 KB, 354x363) Image search: [Google]
1463844475747.png
133 KB, 354x363
change nothing
>>
Remove Hoenn
>>
File: hoenn.png (1 MB, 947x624) Image search: [Google]
hoenn.png
1 MB, 947x624
>>26469086
>>
>>26468092
>What do you do?
get rid of HMs
>>
>>26468092
Games
>Difficulty settings from the start.
>Gym leaders use more pokemon. Maybe even full teams of 6 when you rematch
>Gyms can be fought again. (Each time they get stronger and new moves/pokemon)
>Following pokemon, optional. (you select a pokemon from your party and there would be an option called follow or something like that)
>Sprites still show up in pokedex
>Bigger gaps between gyms. (X and Y were good for this, the gap between the first and second gym, but then they dropped the ball by making every gym neighbours)
>Bigger maps.
>Multiplayer, this would be easy. When you are connected online, you can see a few 2-4 people walking through the route to.
>HMs are replaced with TM, any pokemon that can learn the move can do it naturally with the badges.
>More end game that just a battle mansion type situation. Maybe after you become the champ you can sit in the champion's chair and take on trainers who want to be champ.
>Synchronisation with pokemon. I know somebody will lose there shit over this one, but I think it would be nice to have a thing that would let old shit mon you like become viable by giving them a major boost in stats (doesn't work on mega forms or pokemon over a certain stat range)

ANIME
>Spit it into three. The current anime, A series based on origin. And Maybe one based off the mangas

Spinofs
>More!
>I want to play a actually good pokemon racing game
>A diablo style lootathon pokemon game. I guess you could say rumble is that but I mean, you pick a pokemon gear it up etc
Manga
>I don't care
>>
take all the pokemon i dont like and post them somewhere where they'll be fairly popular and visable, claiming them as my own original characters so GF can't make them
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.