[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Japanese gamers decide which starter is the most "Seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Sources:
http://ranking.goo.ne.jp/ranking/category/027/vote_579/
http://www.gamnesia.com/news/japanese-gamers-voted-chikorita-as-the-most-seriously-useless-starter-pokem

List ordered from most to least useless:

>1. Chikorita
>2. Piplup
>3. Bulbasaur
>4. Squirtle
>5. Chespin
>6. Charmander
>7. Turtwig
>8. Treeko
>9. Froakie
>10. Tepig
>11. Tododile
>12. Chimchar
>13. Torchic
>14. Snivy
>15. Mudkip
>16. Oshawott
>17. Cyndaquil
>18. Fennekin

Discuss.
>>
>japs
>>
>>26467804
>Fennekin
>Least useless
>>
>>26467804
I guess Chikorita is overall seen as not the best starter but kanto starters all in top 10? Piplup? Chespin? Really?
>>
>>26467840
At least the japanese acknowledges that Chespin is objectively the worst starter of Kalos.
>>
>>26467804
Literally only right about Chikorita. Everything else is mixed up as hell.
>>
>>26467847
Sure...regular in-game Chespin gets a lot better coverage than Fennekin and Froakie
>>
1. Chikorita

But that's not what happened to my Crystal playthrough at all. My Meganium's been a bro throughout all times.

Bunch of casuals.

>Chespin
>Charmander

Oh I get it, this is a Top 10 list of most seriously useless starter pokemon when I don't bother building a legitimate team that covers all types top. You make a fucking team to support each and every other pokemon one another, not just shove your Piplup against a Grass type only team and expect it NOT to be in danger somehow.
>>
>>26467804
Most of the voters probably started with gens 5/6
>>
File: 1426768669982.jpg (70 KB, 594x480) Image search: [Google]
1426768669982.jpg
70 KB, 594x480
>>26467804
>Piplup the second most "seriously useless" starter
Holy shit what? Not only does Empoleon learn more HMs than any other starter (Cut, Surf, Strength, Defog, Whirlpool, Rock Smash, Waterfall and Rock Climb, i.e. everything besides Fly) but it also has great coverage with Water STAB, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam and Grass Knot. This makes Empoleon extremely useful both in battles and when navigating through the map. It might very well be the most useful starter in the entire series.
>>
>>26467866
He is shit slow and ugly
>>
>>26467804
>Snivy not being even remotely close to being in the 5 most useless starters

Really now.
>>
>>26467870
you are ugly
>>
File: U WOT M8.png (13 KB, 327x580) Image search: [Google]
U WOT M8.png
13 KB, 327x580
>>26467870
Say that to my face, not online and see what happens you colossal faggot.
>>
>>26467804
>Cyndaquil less useless than Totodile
>Cyndaquil somehow amongst the most useful starters
Typhlosion is literally Charizard with less coverage, and is just useful for cheesing Bugsy and Jasmine.
>>
>>26467873
That HA though. He just needs two good coverage moves.
>>
>>26467935
>and is useful for pulling through in two of the hardest gym battles in the entire game
ftfy
also it streamrolls Sprout Tower and most of the time evolves from that, and good fucking luck finding a different fire type in Johto
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.