[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IV's and Statistics (pic unrelated)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3
File: 20160324_064625.jpg (1 MB, 2576x1932) Image search: [Google]
20160324_064625.jpg
1 MB, 2576x1932
I was having a conversation with a buddy of mine. He does not play Pokémon but I've been trying to convince him to start playing now so by the time Sun & Moon is released he will have a knowledge about the world of competitive Pokémon.
The topic of IVs came up. I didn't want him to feel overwhelmed by all the information that comes with IVs. I just gave him the gist of it.
He asked "What are the chances that two Pokémon have the exact same stats?" I could not answer that & I'm terrible at math ( I have a learning disability ) so I wouldn't know where to begin finding out.
This piqued my interest though!

So /vp/ are there any people good at math online?
Please help me find out the chances of 2 Pokémon having the exact same stats.

First: Let us seek the answer to the chance of two of the same Pokémon having the exact same IVs in all 6 stats

Second: let's take the number we found after completing number one then let's factor in Nature's

Thank you so much /vp/ !
Please help me find this out
Or at the very least help me figure out how to do the math for something like this !
>>
>>26466529
Well I believe all you would have to do to find the total number of iv spreads is 31 to the power of 6 which is 887503681 then just times that by 21 for natures(all neutral natures counting as one) to get 18637577301 as the total amount of possibilities. However that's not even including evs and I'm really not sure how to find that one.
>>
>>26466613
IV spreads is 32 to the power of 6 if you include 0.
>>
File: 20160324_064811-1.jpg (3 MB, 2576x1588) Image search: [Google]
20160324_064811-1.jpg
3 MB, 2576x1588
>>26466613
Thank you so very much
Don't worry about the EVs
It's up to the trainer to manipulate those and the number would just be ridiculous and wouldn't yield much of a viable answer unless the equation was modified to factor in the fact that competitive trainers mostly max out two stats but there are some that use Calcs to find out weird EV spreads that work on certain Pokémon (not a huge fan but smogon is a good example of a place where EVs are like really oddly specific in spread) plus calculating EVs wouldn't work the way you did IVs because there would be extremely weird spreads that no one would ever use and would be hard to obtain because how the formula works (ie 1-1-1-1-1-505 would be one of the spreads if you did EVs the same as you did IVs)
This is my first time posting on /vp/ I'm very surprised by how quickly it took someone to reply
I'm so very grateful too
>>
>>26466717
you're welcome
Also I forgot to consider what >>26466621 said. So the correct numbers should actually be 1073741824 possibilities for ivs and 22548578304 possibilities with natures.
>>
File: 20160324_064609-1.jpg (3 MB, 1932x2108) Image search: [Google]
20160324_064609-1.jpg
3 MB, 1932x2108
>>26466613
You are correct sir!
A minor oversight but one that changes the outcome drastically!
Thank you for your reply!
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.