[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After thinking about it, and opinions may vary, but ORAS itself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (203 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203 KB, 1024x768
After thinking about it, and opinions may vary, but ORAS itself isn't much of a problem, it's the region it's based on.
It's a huge fucking slog, it looks awful, and I can just feel the disgusting humidity in every part of it. It's an overall unpleasant region for me. That's why it sucks so much to play through.
The only good thing Emerald really has is the Battle Frontier, and it wasn't included in ORAS.
A valid complaint?
Definitely. But DexNav itself is a god-tier feature.
It basically "fixes" how dead regions can feel.
Sure, Gen 5 and XY came up with shaking grass, but Pokémon popping out, hearing a Pokémon's cry when speeding through a route, sneaking up on that Pokémon, it makes these otherwise boring ass routes feel ALIVE.
Having the bottom-screen show the Pokémon you've gotten, and silhouettes of ones you haven't is great for aspiring completionists as well. That part might be spoiled for people with a living dex though, which is why I'm hoping SM will have a significantly amount of new Pokémon, AND have this feature, it's literally the best shit since Day/Night in making the regions feel like actual places.
You can also see certain stats, held items, abilities and gender of a Pokémon you're sneaking up on, and they even have a good chance of having their hidden ability.
It also increases the shiny rate by a very good amount from my experience.
It does so many good things and very well, it makes ORAS worth buying for DexNav alone.
As much as I enjoyed BF, I find DexNav to be far superior as a feature, not that I wouldn't love both in the same game, but we all know GF is shit.

So why the fuck do people still shit on ORAS and wank RSE? People even have the gall to say RS are somehow better.
>>
Looking for a Image of a low quality Bait image.
>>
>>26461721
Thank you for telling me you didn't read my entire post.
And I even clearly said "opinions may vary", but apparently that isn't enough for Hoennfriends.
>>
>>26461687
You're just praising the Dex nav, it's great but it becomes an annoyance. A game isn't worth that.
>>
>>26461802
It's completely optional, there is no "annoyance" involved unless you're retarded.
And of course I'm praising the DexNav.
Do I really have to bring up all the improvements in gameplay for idiots to realise Emerald isn't that great in comparison?
>>
The problem with ORAS isn't Hoenn. Hoenn is very meh, make no mistake, but Hoenn isn't what makes me gnaw on my 3ds.

The story had to bend over and take all six and a half inches of THE MYSTERY OF MEGA EVOLUTION!
Steven was turned from a relatively cool dude into an insufferable pretentious asshole.
Latios and Latias got the Lucario treatment, which sucks because I actually like those two.
The advances made by Emerald were thrown out the window, including the basic quality of life and free extra content ones.
LESS content than the originals in places, as New Mauville, the Mirage Tower, and Sky Pillar were either gutted or removed entirely. Trick House has fewer dungeons.
The player character redesigns were awful, nobody wanted to play as heroin addict Brendon or May's little sister.
It raped the meta beyond recognition.

The redeeming factors: DexNav is nifty.
The Hoenn shitmons have mostly seriously improved over the decade or so since their first release.
The Delta Episode was pretty badass.
Surfing on Sharpedo is fun.
>>
File: 1460454198127.jpg (79 KB, 512x640) Image search: [Google]
1460454198127.jpg
79 KB, 512x640
>>26461687
Kys please!
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.