[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>gotta catch em all >pokemon is a videogame >pokemon
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: 1463499691756.png (921 KB, 1580x1214) Image search: [Google]
1463499691756.png
921 KB, 1580x1214
>gotta catch em all
>pokemon is a videogame
>pokemon are digital
>pokemon are hypothetically infinitely replicatable
>because they aren't finite, there's no scarcity and therefore no rarity
>and therefore no real meaning to collecting them all or having a "rare" pokemon

I just completed my living dex and only now am I realizing what a fucking lie this franchise is.
>>
>>26461264
This is what makes you question it? Not the matter that you don't NEED all of them to begin with?
>>
And also, they continue to make more, so catching them all is an impossibility anyway.
>>
>>26461264
>>26461285
MOOOOODS
>>
>>26461285
>you don't NEED all of them
You do in order to post here.
M O D S
>>
>>26461264
>posting clip from Pencils /mlp/ comic.
K
>>
You have to have a complete dex to post here. Literally the first rule. If you do not have a complete dex you must be in the process of completing it.
>>
>>26461779
>>26461299
>didn't read the rest of the post
>>
>>26461779
I don't have a complete dex and I never intend to put in the effort to. Ban me.
>>
>>26461264
Die degenerate
>>
>>26461285
Take a look >>26459750
>>
>>26461296
>not having a living dex that you transfer up each gen so you only have to catch that generation's new additions
Living dex since gen 4 here. Step the fuck up.

Also, Bank is the best thing ever added to this franchise.
>>
>>26461990
You don't have future pokemon, therefore you don't have them all.
>>
>>26462035
Because magearna popplio litten and rowlet are in the current dex, aren't they :^)
>>
>>26461264
Anon, Pokémon is a role play game and, like and RPG, it demands you to play your role.

The rarity is only important in-universe. And it also depends on how you chose to play your role.

Sure, you can hack all of them. But them it was your choice to make them meaningless. There is no sense of achievement without a challenge. For Pokémon, unfortunately, having a challenge is usually the player's responsability.
>>
>>26462099
They are pokemon, you must catch them. No argument.
>>
>>26461264
This makes me wonder... what is the rarest pokemon to date? I mean, that one pokemon that was distributed the less and that is the most difficult to obtain by legal means.

I know rarity per se doesn't exist anymore, especially since it's possible to just hack/edit your pokemon. But still, it'd be fun to know.
>>
>>26462108
I think we have different definitions of "catch 'em all".

What it actually means is to catch every known Pokemon. We don't know those exist yet. They aren't in the dex. So we can't catch them.

Once they're released and in the dex, they're known. That's when you have to catch them.

Don't be pedantic, anon.
>>
>>26462035
And since it is impossible to determine when new pokémon will stop being released, no one can ever say they caught them all.

Now I can rest in peace for not being able to ever complete any dex.
>>
>>26461264
the universe is finite as far as science knows.
it follows that one may not infinitely copy pokemon.
>>
>>26462128
Nothing said that at all. They just said to catch 'em all, that means all of them. Even the ones that we don't know to exist yet.
>>
File: 1460082418238.jpg (503 KB, 780x1220) Image search: [Google]
1460082418238.jpg
503 KB, 780x1220
>>26461752
>Being a barneyfag just to pretend to be clever and well-informed
>>
>>26461299
>>26461364
Not agreeing with them, but they're right. You don't NEED all of them, the point is that you WANT all of them , and there are plenty of reasons to GET all of them.
>>
>>26461779
Living Shiny Dex, lol, kys please.
>>
>>26462316
You catch 'em all to catch 'em some more.

I have nothing to say.
>>
>>26461264

You don't understand Pokémon.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.