[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post your favorite region ITT and describe what you liked about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 9
File: hoenn-map-large.jpg (667 KB, 1750x1238) Image search: [Google]
hoenn-map-large.jpg
667 KB, 1750x1238
Post your favorite region ITT and describe what you liked about that region.

Try to keep the shitposting to a minimum, I'm not asking for a genwar.
>>
>>26457307
What is that purple thing at the top of the ORAS Hoenn map? I didn't buy the games so I have no idea.
>>
>>26457325
Mirage Spots
>>
>>26457341
I've never been to Mirage Island even once. Man Emerald would have been a million times better if there were more mirage areas. It would be so mistifying if your trek through the water routes would be interrupted by a cave that wasn't there before with some new interesting shit.
>>
Unova. Complaints about linearity aside, I really liked the diversity and character of it. Every location felt different, and many of the towns were very unique compared to the fairly generic cities found throughout the series. And B/W2 did a really great job diversifying the region even further. Every region has things to like about it, but so far Unova is easily my favorite.
>>
I like Johto because it feels like a very sleepy comfy region.

Cyndaquil looks like it's tired, one of the first mons you can encounter is Hoothoot, and it's the first gen with day night.

All the flavor from NPCs is really cool, like the "Wow, you're up late!" stuff. Makes you feel like you're playing video game past your bed time or something.

Kanto is like the daytime region and Johto is the nighttime region. I like that.
>>
Kalos. Complaints about linearity aside, I really liked the diversity and character of it. Every location felt different, and many of the towns were very unique compared to the fairly generic cities found throughout the series. And Z did a really great job diversifying the region even further. Every region has things to like about it, but so far Kalos is easily my favorite.
>>
>>26457307
I like Johto because it feels more like an adventure than a story line.

It also has the Chikorita line which is my favorite Pokemon line.
>>
>>26457657(you)
>>
Johto for aesthetics
Hoenn and Sinnoh for exploration
Kalos for the sheer amount of pokemon available during playthroughs
>>
Unova. It's nowhere near as linear as people say, with all the offroad areas to explore, it really is up there with Sinnoh for being the most fun region to really adventure through for me. And the aesthetic of the place is unparalleled.
>>
File: unova.jpg (812 KB, 2380x1500) Image search: [Google]
unova.jpg
812 KB, 2380x1500
>>26457627

This.

Unova felt like an adventure to me precisely because each route and town/city had its own distinct uniqueness which made them hard to forget. There's a lot of geographical diversity going on which adds to the sense of progression. Many of the route designs were also something new to the series because they often provided the player with options - if you're just looking to quickly progress to the next gym with as little filler as possible, you can do that by simply moving forward, but if you'd rather engage in exploration, you can do that too since there's a shitload of nooks and crannies to find off the beaten path. The layout allows you to go at your own pace so there's never any tedium involved.

Of course, B2W2 is the definitive version of Unova but BW was honestly pretty great too.
>>
>>26457673
I love how /vp/ is so full of contrarian shitposters that you can't say any positive opinions about Gen VI without getting replies like this.

On topic: my favorite is most likely Johto. I love the traditional Japanese theme it has going on, and it's really comfy, especially in Gen II games.
>>
>>26457692
(You)

Love the games, dislike the region. Might be because I always seem to pick it up when it's Autumn in-game, though.
>>
>>26457704
Giving me a (You) when I'm not baiting is kind of pointless
>>
>>26457575
ORAS does a pretty shitty job at making them seem mysterious, since there are always some around when soaring. They lose their mysteriousness after the first time you try soaring, the only exception being the genies and creation trio since their spots appear very differently from the rest.
>>
ORAS Hoenn. Not even baiting here, I miss certain things that were present in Emerald but overall I really felt that the graphical update was gorgeous and didn't even hate the music as much as others.
>>
Sinnoh was GOAT, and Hoenn was pretty great. Unova is the only one I thought was kind of shitty.
>>
>>26457769
Unova was GOAT, and Hoenn was pretty great. Sinnoh is the only one I thought was kind of shitty.
>>
>>26457791
Good for you? Why are you so frustrated by my opinion that you felt the need to hijack my post?
>>
>>26457802

Just ignore the shitposter. He (or someone else) also did it at >>26457657.
>>
File: 1463536717967.jpg (326 KB, 850x1274) Image search: [Google]
1463536717967.jpg
326 KB, 850x1274
Honestly, I think every region had its strengths and weaknesses. Kanto is the only one I probably wouldn't revisit unless I was replaying HG/SS since it's such a dated, barebones region.

If I had to rank them based on design, comfiness, diversity and how memorable they were, it would be something like Johto > Unova > Hoenn > Kalos > Sinnoh > Kanto.
>>
>>26457802
Wasn't hijacking your post, I just found it funny that my opinion was exactly the opposite from yours so I posted it here since the thread asked for favorite regions.

If you like Sinnoh but hate Unova, that's okay.
>>
File: 20140725171635.png (556 KB, 680x382) Image search: [Google]
20140725171635.png
556 KB, 680x382
>all that lore
>all that comfiness
>all those memorable towns

How can you not like Based Johto?
>>
>>26457657
>And Z did a really great job diversifying the region even further

Hold on a sec are you trying to trick me
>>
Best region is Hoenn, no doubt.
>b-but muh water
Alright listen up. I'll tell you exactly why it's the fucking best.
The jump from GBC to GBA was huge. From a graphical standpoint they were finally able to make a pokemon game in full color. Now, what can you do with this? With a shitton more colors and bigger resolution, GameFreak saw that they now were able to make their environments much more diverse. The reason Kanto and Johto are like 80% simple grass fields is because the gameboy was way too limited to properly show varied biomes. With the GBA they could finally do this. As such, they chose a tropical region with a wide variety of different biomes and environments, to make the most use of their new graphical power. This also caused them to focus their plot on the environment too.
Now, every pokemon game is about adventure: traveling through a huge region with your pokemon at your side and discovering new sights. This sense of adventure is present in every game, but nowhere is it as big as in R/S/E, and it has everything to do with the design of the region. To use Johto as an example, traveling through the region has you see generic grassy fields, forests, the usual caves, mountain and sea. Compare this to Hoenn: you start off in a forest, then you go to a tropical island, waterside fields, mountains, an ash-covered wasteland, a desert, a tropical rainforest and finally the vast ocean, and then even the seafloor. The variety is amazing, and that's not mentioning some of the unique locations like Meteor Falls and Mt. Chimney. After every gym you defeat, you go to a new environment that looks very different from where you came from. This heightens the sense of adventure and curiosity, when every new location is something entirely different it makes you excited to see what's behind the corner. You're more driven to continue forward, because you're guaranteed to see something you haven't seen before.
God damn.
Motherfucking Hoenn.
>>
>>26458575
>we'll never get 60fps Pokemon games again
>>
>>26458575
Man ORAS had some fucking comfy official artwork and graphics. People give those remakes way too much shit.
>>
Have to go with Johto, very biased though, so fucking confy and when I first learned it had Kanto in the same fucking cartridge I just went nuts.
>>
If I must choose I shoud say Sinnoh. I really liked it because the caves were small and there was a good mixture of water/land. Also I am a mountainfag and loved the snow city and snow route.
Would have loved Platinum, but I only played DP. Sinnoh geography really felt mine when I was exploring it, every city felt at its own right place.
I feel like gen4 is being cucked much because of the pokedex, but we should focus on the most beautiful things in every game.
>>
>>26457307
I'd have to go with HG/SS Johto/Kanto but it's purely nostalgia. Pokemon RBY was huge in my school, everyone had it and we all had link cables and shit, so battles and trades were actually a thing for us. So when Gold and Silver dropped we lost our shit.

I remember beating the E4 then being told I could go back to Kanto and I jumped in...only to find out that a lot had been gutted and changed. HG/SS doesn't fix all the problems, but it felt nice seeing a more completed Johto/Kanto.
>>
>>26458575
I agree with almost everything. I love how adventurous the music felt.
>>
File: Unova_2.png (66 KB, 256x168) Image search: [Google]
Unova_2.png
66 KB, 256x168
>rememberable cities
>great selection of Pokemon
>gym leaders were great
>new areas added made Unova feel much more diverse
>great music
>>
I'd have to say Johto. Modern regions try to hard to have a diverse array of locations that they forgot about having a unified theme. Johto was the first region to have a sort of theme and frankly did it best.

My favorites in order are:

Johto
Hoenn
Sinnoh
Kalos
Unova
Kanto

Because a schizophrenic theme is better than bland boringness.
>>
I have a lot of fond memories of Hoenn and the whole map, I haven't played the game since 2004 so I can't really tell you why I liked it so much, but I still hold Emerald as one of my favorite games, even though I don't remember it very well. Back then I just played the game to have fun (unlike today that i play to be angry) and if it was as broken as some of you may think it is (you guys must have much better memory than me), I really can't remember it and have nothing but good memories about it

When I played ORAS it didn't really trigger any great memories, even though I recognized the map and knew where most things were suppose to be it didn't feel the same way as I do when I remember Emerald.

Anyway I like Hoenn
>>
>>26460082
I'm not trying to shoot your taste down here, mainly because I agree that Johto is a god tier region, but I feel like people get way too caught up on themes. Sometimes a healthy amount of diversity can really benefit the sense of progression in a region, and it helps to prevent the overworld from feeling too bland and monotonous.

Kalos did sort of shit the bed though. At least Unova's desert had a sort of explanation in the fact that Volcarona lying dormant underground possibly dried out the whole area.
>>
>>26458575
That's very good description of things. This is exactly why I love Hoenn the most as well.
>>
it seems the general concensus on /vp/ is that this the objective region ranking

Hoenn=Johto=Sinnoh>Kanto>Unova>Kalos
>>
>>26460199
Kanto is at the bottom for me. In fact I don't think it's really been mentioned in this thread outside of being related to johto.
>>
>>26460199
No, it's more like Johto = Hoenn = Sinnoh = Unova >>>>>>> Kalos = Kanto.

There's way too much variability in opinions to rank the first four over each other.
>>
The only region I really dislike is Hoenn, I don't have much of a favorite. The rest are all equally good, aside from Kalos which is just slightly not as good.
>>
>>26458575
this is why im a hoenn baby. besides actually loving islands and the idea of making a secret base on an island. I honestly think hoenn had some of the best pokemons. the starters were all great, the introduction of a dark and normal type mammal in first routes was cool. The game left me going through out the region seeing new cool pokemon and telling myself, "thats a cool pokemon ill have to make a team with taht one next" which led me to restart my game countless times each with new teams. hoenn as you mention was also very diverse climate wise for a island and no area was ever really useless or uninteresting.
>>
>>26461373
Almost agreed but replace Hoenn with Kanto. Hoenn at least is interesting, meanwhile Kanto is extremely basic compared to the rest and only sustains itself on nostalgia.

Almost every region has its pros, they just try different things.
>>
>>26458575
Hoenn isn't my favorite but it's certainly nowhere near the bottom either and you just summed up exactly why. It's a fucking solid region and I'll never understand the unwarranted hate it gets.
>>
Johto and Sinnoh are my favorites aesthetically and because the sense of wonder and adventure seemed so large in those regions. Unova falls slightly behind those. Village Bridge and Castellia are two of the best locations in the series that aren't Ecruteak City or Valley Windworks.

The other regions have cool stuff but never grabbed me like Johto or Sinnoh--and to an extent Unova.
>>
>>26457911
>all those memorable towns
..Haha Yeah..
>>
>>26462566
Johto was great because GF focused on the mystery of new Pokémon, however that also hindered it gameplay-wise because of the Pokémon distribution(making Johtomons so rare) and not giving Johtomons to gym leaders that should've had them.
Not that I give a shit, though.
I wish they'd do it more like Johto, but Sinnoh was good with it.
Johto definitely felt like a countryside in Japan, but Sinnoh felt like a higher class resort region, maybe a place where people would choose to retire, which is really nice, but it also had a huge adventure aspect because of the underground, Mt. Coronet, and all those fucking caves which I loved.
Out of all the places I probably love the beach route to Sunyshore with the houses lined up the most, I'd like to live there.
>>
>>26458575
Fuck yeah anon, Hoenn fucking rules. Best region in my opinion by far.

What is there not to like about it ?

>Water

Says every person who really doesn't like exploring locations like you really should in any adventure game. The water routes in Hoenn aren't barren wastelands or measly paths, they are filled with such interesting things and places. Has there ever been a region besides Hoenn with a shipwreck, one of the most common of tropes in large bodies of water? Or how about something as mystifying, no pun intended, as the Sky Pillar? Hell not counting Hoenn, we've never actually gotten towns or cities in the water besides Cinnabar Island huh?

Really just goes to show the team at Game Freak back then really perfected or improved greatly with their region design with Hoenn. Kanto and Johto were splendid designs but Hoenn really hit the mark. Sinnoh and Unova were also very well done but there really hasn't been a region alike Hoenn that has managed to capture the feeling I get when I see Hoenn. It's the region that I can most see as being a real life country.
>>
>>26462941
>What is there not to like about it ?
Getting through the region is a chore.
The only place I genuinely enjoyed exploring was Meteor Falls.
The ship is full of absolutely nothing and Pacifidlog is also equally useless and looks like a terrible place to live.
The rainforest part is just awful, almost as bad as Sinnoh's marsh.
The music is terrible and unpleasant, aside from Verdanturf, Meteor Falls and Sootopolis' themes. It's loud and obnoxious just like Hoenn fans.
I don't want to hear this shit at night, why the fuck is Sinnoh the only game with calmer night themes? But even then other games have better route themes that aren't as annoying at night.
Contests are a pretty boring feature.
Secret Bases are OK, but feel very limited.
Team Magma and Aqua are probably the biggest joke of a team we've had yet, and the start of the world-spanning bullshit.
The water routes are NOT interesting, especially when the dive parts have jack shit in them.
People go on about the diversity of the region as if that somehow makes it more interesting, what's so interesting about a generic desert, volcano and rainforest?

The only really good parts about Hoenn were the Regi hunt, all the quality water Pokémon, and the Battle Frontier.
That about sums it up.
>>
File: Shin'ou_Region.jpg (65 KB, 800x557) Image search: [Google]
Shin'ou_Region.jpg
65 KB, 800x557
>all this nostalgic pandering for hoenn and no love for sinnoh
Do people not like vast blistering blizzard routes with that spooky ass music
>>
>>26462941
>Says every person who really doesn't like exploring locations like you really should in any adventure game.

Nah, I hate them because the pokemon variety is shit. Hopefully Alola does them better. And hopefully there's lots of little islands like the Sevii Islands because they were comfy as fuck. So was Pacifidlog. God I can't wait for cozy islands to explore.
>>
>>26463053
Hoennshitters are just getting uppity after being irrelevant after SM hype started.
>>
>>26463064
Pacifidlog isn't an island. It's literally just logs.
>>
>>26463053
The snow routes are GOAT, but they're only a small part of the region and the only interesting routes in the entire region. The rest is the usual grasslands or mountains. Well there's also the swamps, but those routes are fucking shit.
>>
>>26463068
Why can fans of the region not praise the region without being insulted? No post talking about Hoenn being the best region shitted on any other region. It's cancer like you that is killing Pokemon fans by the day.
>>
>>26463086
Yes I know, logs on a whole lot of Corsolas. Still, little towns in the middle of the sea are what I want. Little islands that feel remote and peaceful, tiny ecosystems away from other people, with treasures and mysteries to unearth.
>>
>>26463068
I saw this exact post in another thread. This exact post.
>>
>>26463130
Because Hoenn is cancer?
Because Hoennfags have been shitting up the board since ORAS hype started?
Are you new, or do you genuinely think that Hoenn hate came out of nowhere?
>>
>>26463053
God sinnoh doesn't get enough praise. That feeling of real adventure as you climb up and down the mountian(s), as if you're a lone trainer facing the elements with only your trusty Pokemon by your side and nothing else. It was a real, genuine journey that you struggled through but overcame each time. Unlike w lot of other regions, you actually feel as if you're in a big world and the increased mythological aspects only help that.
>>
>>26463167
>Because Hoenn is cancer?
Look who is talking.
>Because Hoennfags have been shitting up the board since ORAS hype started?
Oh shit a remake of Hoenn attracts fans of Hoenn. Stop the fucking presses.
>Are you new, or do you genuinely think that Hoenn hate came out of nowhere?
That has nothing to do with it. You are shitting up a thread that specifically asked for no shitposting and just talk about your favorite region. Why do you have to be the one to kickoff the shitposting and add hate where it isn't needed?

If I'm new you're underage. You can tell by the obvious immaturity seeping from your posts.
>>
File: Diamond damn son.jpg (84 KB, 500x448) Image search: [Google]
Diamond damn son.jpg
84 KB, 500x448
>>26463185
Diamond and Leafgreen were my very first Pokemon games (bought them together) so I'm a bit biased, but going through the mountains several times did make you really rely on your pokemon, specially on the way to Snowpoint City. It did feel like a big world, and it wasn't the easy peasy story that gen 6 has, but it also didn't require as much grinding as the first games.
>>
>>26463238
>Look who is talking
Amazing comeback, friend.
>Oh shit a remake of Hoenn attracts fans of Hoenn. Stop the fucking presses.
>le witty offhand comment
Definitely Reddit.
>That has nothing to do with it.
Actually, it does.
>You are shitting up a thread
If that's the case, then you're equally as guilty for responding.
Why do you think people sometimes get banned for replying to shit threads?
>Why do you have to be the one to kickoff the shitposting
I didn't, you did.
You could've chosen to ignore my reply, but you didn't.
I was only stating what was happening in the thread. It's your fault for getting upset over the words I used.
>You can tell by the obvious immaturity seeping from your posts.
Immature is getting upset and typing an entire paragraph just to argue with someone you think is a shitposter.
>>
>>26463464
>Amazing comeback, friend.
Thanks man. A lot better than resorting to ad hominem immediately.
>Definitely Reddit.
Definitely underage.
>Actually, it does.
Explain because you obviously didn't understand the point of this thread and only clicked on it because you saw the OP image was of Hoenn. Immaturity at its ripest.
>If that's the case, then you're equally as guilty for responding.
Not really, defending a thread isn't shitting it up. Shitting it up is what your 3 posts have been doing.
>I didn't, you did.
This wasn't my post, sonny >>26463068
>Immature is getting upset and typing an entire paragraph
Do you know what a paragraph is?

Immaturity is when someone posts something having to do nothing with the thread and actually doing what the OP of the thread said not to do. The entirety of your very post had absolutely nothing to do or contribute to the thread. It was shitposting.
>>
>kanto
Very uninteresting on the whole. As much as I love gen 1, I always felt that the region was one of the biggest drawbacks. Unpopular opinion: Sevii Islands were an improvement in the remakes.
>johto
In many ways I'm a Johtofag, and I do consider it an upgrade to Kanto, especially in the the gen 4 remake. Still, it's somewhat basic. Somethings I liked were the different entrances in Union Cave, the hidden surf area south of Goldenrod, Mount Silver, etc. Had some decent locations.
>hoenn
Honestly, up until the excess of water it's not a bad region. The desert, the volcano, the surf route between Petalberg and Slateport, New Mauville and some of the really comfy towns like Verdanturf and Pacifilog... Hoenn is underrated because of the fact that it has such a shitty stretch towards the end.
>sinnoh
Pretty based. Very varied, you always have something new to do. Not much more to say beyond that it's the best.
>unova
Linear and kind of boring. Definintely has it's moment, but feels like a let down.
>kalos
I haven't played gen 6
>>
I feel the random deserts in Kalos and Unova threw off the feeling of the regions.
>>
I really like Hoenn. it got a nice mix of green and blue. Such a calming game.
Especially sapphire
>>
>>26464611
I feel that way about every desert in the series.
>>
Sinnoh and Johto. The myths surrounding both regions, comfy music and diverse towns/cities/routes.

Mt. Silver was more tedious for me than Mt. Coronet though.
>>
>>26464685
I think the Hoenn desert was ok. At least it was close to the mountains.
>>
>all these faggots praising an entire region simply because of one tedious mountain

I really wish we could just go back to the old days when Sinnohfetuses were too young to post their cancerous taste here, holy shit.
>>
>>26465269
Fuck of with your shit taste.
>>
>>26463053
Sinnoh reeked of mediocrity, honestly. Very little variety in routes, the towns were bland as fuck and the vast majority of NPCs and locales were extremely forgettable. Even when Sinnohfags constantly proclaim how their region is supposedly the best in the series the only things they can come up are those few """adventurous""' snow routes which were sort of okay I guess although even those felt like a complete slog in retrospect.

The region just doesn't actually DO anything for the player beyond annoying them with ridiculous HM usage and hilariously homogeneous route designs that didn't seem very interesting or diverse at all. It's only barely above Kanto in the grand scheme of Pokemon overworlds.
>>
>>26457627
>>26457698
These.
>>
>>26463053
I know people bash on Sinnoh, but I'm quite fond of it, myself. Where people praise Hoenn for being a step up, Sinnoh had all these technical tricks to imply depth, not to mention the environment felt extremely cohesive.

While some might hate on the swamps, I found them to be a delightful change of pace, especially when actually navigating terrain had been a non-issue outside of using HMs in previous titles. I loved the geographically and climate-distinct thirds of the region, with the west being quite neutral and sunny with forests and flowers, the east being a bit more of a mixed bag of marsh and beach, and the lonely feeling of the northern region.

And then there's Mount Coronet. Yeah, it's a big fucking mountain that's right in the middle of things, but man, did it feel rewarding to finally climb that thing! It's always looming over you throughout the game- first having to cross under it, then go back again to travel north, and then finally getting the chance to explore all of its crags and reach the summit, where there's a pretty epic group of battles and a legendary awaiting you- that's what these games should be! Not giving the legendary away at the Elite Four, or in some nondescript, weird area where the antagonist has always been- a place that feels like a culmination of your efforts.

Then there's the post-game island, with is pretty damn big and awesome.
>>
>>26460082
>Modern regions try to hard to have a diverse array of locations that they forgot about having a unified theme

Except modern regions do have a unified theme. Yes, there's a desert in Unova and Kalos but it's really no different than the random autumn area in Johto. The fact that there are some outliers doesn't automatically refute the fact that every region is mostly cohesive by far.

Plus, I think it's just a shallow argument in general. People should be concentrating more on route designs rather than getting autistic over "muh themes" just because of a small biome or two.
>>
>>26465354
>someone shits on Hoenn in a peaceful thread
>thread completely derails from the shitstorm, Hoennshitters in disguise as thread police pretend they care about the quality of the thread
>Sinnoh gets shat on in a peaceful thread
>nothing
>Sinnohfriends just ignore and post things like,
>>26466618

Hoennfags are the worst.
>>
Sinnoh because it was the most comfy
>>
>>26468977
Sinnoh's forced reliance on HMs and enormously tedious caves and snow areas made it precisely the opposite of comfy.
>>
Hoenn. It was relaxing
>>
>>26468898
I don't like Hoenn much more than Sinnoh, so that was a wasted post.

Unova a best.
>>
>>26468898
Shitstorm? What shitstorm? The only thing merely close to a shitstorm was started by a Sinnohfag >>26463068
It doesn't matter if it's Sinnoh or Hoenn, they both get their haters and their defenders in almost every fucking thread.
Only real difference is that Hoenn gets much more hate.

You're literally quoting a post that doesn't like Sinnoh and a post that praises it, and getting butthurt some guys have a different opinion to yours, just like a child.
People like you is the problem of this site.

>>26466618
>loved the swamp
>felt rewarded after climbing Mt.Coronet
Such a rare opinion.
Please, tell me you also loved the snow routes, reaching the calm of Acuity Lakefront and Snowpoint's mood and you're literally me.
>>
File: Sinnoh.png (4 MB, 2500x1580) Image search: [Google]
Sinnoh.png
4 MB, 2500x1580
Sinnoh because I played Platinum as a kid
>>
I never felt like I appreciated Unova as a region, recently I've only just started to like Sinnoh! Have I been missing out?
>>
>>26469550
The main game is a straight line which sucks, but along that line are little nooks and crannies you can explore which really help flesh out the region, though it's mostly B2/W2 that fixed that and made the region actually good.
>>
>>26457307
I wish I could like Sinnoh, it's about the only redeeming thing about Gen 4...but the music, and the pokemon, and the fucking characters, and plot.

BTW OPs image is some tile squared off inorganic bullshit that is a sad shitty pos compared to the original.
>>
>>26469209
You still are a fucking kid you underage dipshit
>>
Kalos.

I loved the music and architecture.
>>
>>26470349
lol wut

what does that even mean, hes's underage because he has fond memories of playing Platinum?
>>
>>26470378
Are you fucking retarded?

Anon was implying since he was a kid playing Platinum, chances are he's still a fucking kid considering Platinum wasn't released that long ago.
>>
>>26470411
It's been 7 years anon...
>>
>>26470367
Rare opinion there. Although it wasn't my favorite and was a bit linear I still really enjoyed a lot of the environments and the atmosphere of places like the fall routes and the swamp like areas.
>>
>Kanto

Weakest region. Small an the routes are more straight forwards than diverse. Loved the games though

>Johto

One great region. Routes were more interesting, as well the cities and I love the japanese style of the region.

>Hoenn

Favourite. So freaking diverse in both routes as well as towns, dive was a great idea and the story was for the first time not bad.

>Sinnoh

Big region. The routes are interesting designed, but I missed the diversity in the main game. Snowy area were cool. Highlight for me was the post game island, which was diverse instead. Dissapointing pokemon selection.

>Unova

Second weakest (BW1 Unova). The main game was small in terms of gameplay. Story was nice, but it felt like they only concentrated on the story. At the end, there wasn't a badge gap town after the firdt badge and the routes were small for the most part. Also painfully linear and the pokemon selection is pretty much the worst. 156 pokemon is more, but this number also included all the legendary and pokemon, which evolve really late. BW2 fixed some problems, but the main game is still linear and sligthly too short.

>Kalos

More diversity and the region wasn't that much linear as Unova. Pokemon selection was immense and it have my favourite soundtrack at all. Story was only decent, but not as bad as Gen 1 or Gen 2. Also big region for the main game, while the post game was lacking, but once more better than Kanto or Hoenn.

Hoenn>
>>
>>26469209
>played leaf green as a kid
>19

Nigga there is no way you're not still a kid.
>>
>>26457307
>>26458575
ORAS was such a bummer but at least the artwork was Elder God tier
>>
>>26471025
Exquisite opinion although I have more bias against Kalos and like Sinnoh's layout and music a fuckton.

Hoenn>Sinnoh>Johto>Unova2>Kanto>Unova1>Kalos
>>
>>26457700
But look at the original post and you'll see why that reply was made
>>
>>26458575
You know half of the things you used to describe Hoenn, you also used to describe Johto, but with extra sparkly adjectives?
>>
>>26473055
Of course I used some of the same things, both Johto and Hoenn share some environments: the grassy fields, mountains, seas. All regions do.
The thing is that Hoenn has those but a whole bunch of other unique environments as well.
Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.