[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's Discuss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5
File: Thinking-Man-Rodin.jpg (59 KB, 729x463) Image search: [Google]
Thinking-Man-Rodin.jpg
59 KB, 729x463
How can we we nerf the Fairy-typing?
>Hard Mode: No removing it :^)
>>
>>26455507
>No longer resists Bug and is now weak to it
>No longer immune to Dragon
Fixed.
>>
>>26455507
>Grass resist Fairy
>Bug neutral to Fairy
I don't see why people think being immune to dragon makes them OP. Dragon spam is far low now which is good.
>>
>>26455549
I don't think the Dragon immunity makes them OP, but it doesn't make much sense either. Fairy should've just resisted Dragon.
>>
>weak to fire
>Bug resists fairy (I don't remember if it does currently tho desu)
>>
Can we stop pretending it's fairy's fault that some other types like Bug suck? I know it's the low-hanging fruit given that it's new but in all honesty, Fairy is a perfecrly balanced type
>>
>>26455588
>Can we stop pretending it's fairy's fault that some other types like Bug suck?
k

>Fairy is a perfecrly balanced type
lolno dumb fairyfag
>>
Do you want to explain why you think Fairy should be nerfed?
>>
Maybe remove Bug resistance.

But honestly Fairy isn't that OP.
>>
>>26455588
yeah, posion and steel are totally great offensive classes, with tons of options, making fairy almost useless against a lot of meta teams
ur retarded kys
>>
>>26455507
make it weak against psychic
>>
>>26455595
>>26455882
Ow the edge.
If you think Fairy needs changes you need to git gud.
>>
>>26455507
>change Dragon immunity to resistance
>remove Bug resistance
>remove SE against Fighting, but you can keep the resistance
>>
Just have it lose its Bug resist.

So we have:

>Weak to Poison and Steel
>Immune to Dragon
>Resisted by Fire, Poison, and Steel
>Neutral offensive/defensive interaction with Bug Type

Bugs get a small boon and Fairies (the Psychic/Fairies particularly) get knocked down a small peg.
>>
>>26455507
Make it so Bug resists Fairy. First mutually resisting pair.
>>
>>26455613
Cuz almost everyone says it's op
>>
>psychic nerfed as fuck since gen 1
>new type introduced
>now there's a chance to make psychic good again
>nautral damage in both ways

Bug is one thing but why psychic is so shit these days?
>>
>>26455507
>no resist to bug
>Dark hits SE to fairy but still is SE to dark
>>
>>26457732
>Dark hits SE to fairy but still is SE to dark

that's a neato idea
>>
>>26457732
>buffing dark

Literally kill yourself
>>
>>26455507
Make fire hit it for SE damage.
>>
Grass becomes immune to it.

Gunk shot gets higher distribution.

Poison gets another high BP physical damage move that poisons yourself as the drawback.
>>
>>26457626
That's because the have almost every dragon earthquake/flamethrower>>26457732
>>
>>26457872
Huh..... Don't know how I picked the post at the end
>>
File: Al.png (668 KB, 1094x854) Image search: [Google]
Al.png
668 KB, 1094x854
>>26455571
>>26457856
>Buffing fire
It's already one of the better types in the game. If anything, it could use a small nerf.
>>
>>26457732
This is the best idea, but I feel they need to weaken Knock Off for non-dark types to compensate, as well. Darks need the boost, but the non-dark learnpool is just too diverse for them to have the powered up version if such a change is made.
>>
>>26455507
How to nerf fairy:
Poison fang with better distro and 65 BP
Better Steel attacks
Fast physical steels
Fast special Poisons
'Nerf' Sludge to 60 BP, then give it to a Technician poison
>>
>>26458732
>'Nerf' Sludge to 60 BP, then give it to a Technician poison

So literally a renamed Sludge Bomb when used with Technician?
>>
>>26455507
The only change(s) Fairy should get is:

>Grass now resists Fairy

with a potential
>Steel no longer resists Fairy

The meta is too centralized on Steel, considering people can get away with running Heatran, Mega Scizor, and Skarmory for example on the same team.
>>
Ice resists it and ice is super-effective against it.
>>
>>26458753
With more max PP
>>
Fairy doesn't need nerfing. It's not OP at all. People are just buttblasted because it drastically changed the meta and you can't just click Outrage to win anymore. The only OP types are Steel and maybe Dragon. Too many key resistances.

That being said, Fairy's Bug resistance is fucking stupid for Bug types. Make it neutral or super effective. Doesn't matter which.
>>
Make Poison suck less by making only Poison-type Pokémon able to badly poison when using Toxic/Poison Fang.

Make Bug-types resist Fairy and be bug moves normally effective against Fairy types.

Make Grass resist Fairy AND GIVE GRASS MONS BETTER COVERAGE.

Make Ice resist Grass.

There you go, the whole type chart balanced.
>>
>>26458860

>giving Grass ANOTHER type it can't hit for shit

No. Fuck you.
>>
File: superbunhop.jpg (24 KB, 336x336) Image search: [Google]
superbunhop.jpg
24 KB, 336x336
>>26455507
>asshurt dragonfag echo chamber: the thread

kek
>>
>>26458883
Ice desperately needs a defensive boost. And I proposed giving Grass mons more moves. Maybe make remove another type's resistance to Grass?
>>
>>26458857
>you can't just click Outrage to win anymore

Spoken like someone who never made it past the bottom of the ladder because that never worked on anyone good.
>>
>>26458932
Make Ice resist Ground. Ground is a good type and Ice is already SE against Ground so it's perfectly justifiable. EQ is one of the best coverage moves so resisting it is great.
>>
>>26455507
>>>26458932
>Make Ice resist Ground. Ground is a good type and Ice is already SE against Ground so it's perfectly justifiable. EQ is one of the best coverage moves so resisting it is great.

I like this.
>>
File: 1460120321958.png (74 KB, 248x211) Image search: [Google]
1460120321958.png
74 KB, 248x211
First thing's first.
>nerf Moonblast from 95BP to 90BP
Whoever programmed Moonblast didn't get the memo that the 95BP special moves like Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Surf were downgraded to 90BP this gen. Then again, Sludge Wave remained at 95 too.

Then nerf the -ate abilities with their unspoken 30% power buff. How is this even a thing. It's like Sheer Force ignoring Life Orb damage for no reason all over again.
>>
>>26459021
Sludge Wave remained 95, Focus Blast remained 120, Moonblast was given 95, and I don't know the reasoning for any of them. Seems odd.
>>
>>26459040
Now that I think about it, Sludge Wave is a special case. It's a multi-hitting move for Doubles/Triples, so it's not a variation of the other 95BP moves. So that makes Moonblast and even bigger special snowflake.
>>
>>26459076
Surf is, too. No secondary effect, though.
>>
>>26457609
don't change the dragon immunity.

Dragon is only resisted by one type other than Fairy and has several high-powered attacks. The immunity is necessary.

Other than that this is good, but grass should resist Fairy as well
>>
File: 1461206506436.png (32 KB, 514x352) Image search: [Google]
1461206506436.png
32 KB, 514x352
>>26459093
>Surf
Oh, right. Guess that messes the pattern. Its secondary effect has 30% chance of happening too compared with Thunderbolt/Flamethrower/Ice Beam's 10%, so guess it's pretty much its own move and not a "true" variation.

The -ate abilities are still bullshit though.
>>
>>26459117
As much as I like Sylveon and Mega Pinsir, the -ate abilities are pretty silly.
>>
>>26455507
Make grass resist fairy attacks and make ice super effective.
>>
>>26455507
Make it resisted by Ice. Ice needs a few more resistances to work as originally intended. Then you have all these established highly defensive Ice types that can come in and do their jobs and nerf Fairy.
>>
>removing Bug resistance
>wanting Uturn spam to get worse
Fairy's resists are fine. It just needs another weakness and for another type to resist it.
>>
>>26459159
Ice and Rock need massive overhauls if they are going to be remotely good as tanks as originally intended.
Better just give up and start making more pokémon of those types with sweeper like stats instead.
>>
>>26459116
>The immunity is necessary.
Spoken like a shitter who lost to Outrage/Draco Meteor all the time.
>>
>>26455588
Clefable went from a NU shitmon to a top OU pokémon just by changing types.

That alone should tell you Fairy is OP
>>
>>26459220
The same happened to Quagsire. Are you seriously going to tell me unaware is OP too?
>>
>>26459257
it's clearly very good. also you're a retard for comparing type and ability
>>
>>26459257
Not him but I'm going to tell you you're a fucking retard.
>>
>Then nerf the -ate abilities with their unspoken 30% power buff. How is this even a thing. It's like Sheer Force ignoring Life Orb damage for no reason all over again.

Why should those be nerfed? They are good but not OP or anything.
>>
>>26455507
According to Game freak.
The Pokémon types are all perfectly balance.
>>
>>26460316
Meant to quote >>26459021
>>
>>26455507
Give it another weakness. Bam.

But the most glaring problem is not the type imbalance, it's the SHIT-tier designs. Save for maybe a couple of retcon Fairies, literally ever single Fairy mon is cancer. Xerneas is like ALRIGHT.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.