[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>doing showdown random battles for kicks >down to last
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2
File: dLfPsSw[1].png (346 KB, 786x438) Image search: [Google]
dLfPsSw[1].png
346 KB, 786x438
>doing showdown random battles for kicks
>down to last 2 pokemon in one battle
>get out-retarded going for a super hard read that actually shouldn't have been too much of a gamble but the other guy did something completely out of left field
>quit out because it's obvious to anyone with 5 brain cells that there's no chance of me winning
>go find another battle
>guy from the previous one messages me and just starts spamming "lol salty much" over and over
>>
>comes to /vp/ to whine about it
salty much?
>>
Fuck anyone who says salty
>>
>>26455467

but like

who does shit like that

what does he gain out of calling someone salty for not playing out a lost match
>>
>>26455587
But like

Who does shit like that

What do you gain from bitching on an image board when someone insults you over the internet
>>
>>26455600

ifi you think what I'm doing now is bitching I don't know how you can manage any sort of interaction with other people AT ALL. whatever spectrum disorder you have that causes you to so wildly misinterpret something as being confused for being angry is worthy of professional help.
>>
>>26455627

salty much?
>>
>>26455587
honestly though, why not just take it and lose the match instead of running from it? what's the point of forfeiting if youre just going to come to a message board and complain about someone teasing you about it?
>>
>>26455640

because it's not worth my time? if leaving doesn't have any negative consequences, why would I ever spend any more time than absolutely necessary in any given match?
>>
>>26455657
No I mean I get where you're coming from, but in the end you're the one who ran from a match, given or not? sure there's no point in them being a little bitch about it, but neither do you have any real right to be mad if they are lol
>>
>>26455669
I actually really hate it when people disconnect or run from battles and never do it myself no matter how hopeless the situation.

I didn't win, they gave up. Its the same as flipping the board.
>>
>>26455688
Yeah that's what I mean, it's not even a satisfying win if people forfeit it. I wouldnt go as far as spam anyone because of it like the guy in OP's story did, but it's annoying and I can see why someone would do it anyways
>>
>>26455669
>>26455688
>>26455707

thanks for confirming that it's your problem for getting all pissy when you don't get to waste someone's time and rub it in their face that you won.

nice to know I was right all along but sometimes it takes a little coaxing for people to show their true colors

>it's the same as flipping the board

no, it's the same thing as gently knocking over your king to indicate that you forfeit. flipping the board would be if I was the one who went off and raged at the guy.
>>
>>26455774
hey you're the one who's salty about it
>>
It's only annoying when you wreck two of their mons and they leave, if I have the guy on the ropes and he leaves, I don't really care.
>>
>>26455439
>can't say anything back so goes and cries on 4chan

if you're gonna play a game then losing is going to happen sometimes
dont make excuses just shake hands like a grown up
seriously didnt your parents teach you how to act
>>
>>26455849
This, Play the match out, if you're beaten then you don't just deserve a loss, the opponent deserves the satisfaction of the win.
>>
>>26455854
>the opponent deserves the satisfaction of the win.
only a downie who doesn't appreciate the game gets enjoyment from being in the winning position instead of the plays he made to get there. it's the kind of person who doesn't like understanding games and improving his skill and just plays some pay to win game instead. why should op waste his time catering to retards?
>>
>>26455887
do you listen you yourself when you speak
>>
I never quit, but I do forfeit though.
>>
>>26455898
>waaah i'm too dumb to appreciate gameplay and just want to fuck around until i get in a winning position and feel superior waaah
>>
>>26455836
OP said he had two left and quit.
>>
>>26455908
you literally sound like a meme that makes fun of people that sound like you do you realize that?
>>
>>26455774
you flipped the board and ran here to cry about it.
>>
ITT people OP was complaining about

In general yeah some people on Showdown are really salty and annoying. If you beat them they'll follow you into other battles and pester you. If you lose, they say you're terrible. If you forfeit because you're losing or you just don't want to play anymore, they still bother you. Best option is to ignore everyone honestly.
>>
>>26455924
you literally sound like an idiot who thinks in memes do you realize that?
>>
>>26455932
>follow you into other battles and pester you
what the fuck is this shit? i'm only vaguely aware of it as a battle hack or something? sounds like a god damned chatroom.
>>
>>26455627
Make sure you drink plenty of fluids with that much salt or you'll get dehydrated.
>>
>>26455939
i mean im not gonna deny that, but at least I dont get my opinions from reddit?

anyway banter aside im not gonna sit here and tell you that you're wrong for wanting to leave a losing match for whatever reason, but you are in assuming people that are winning (and enjoy it) shouldnt feel good about it, and bitter if they dont even get to actually win fair and square

all im saying is that the person who is rightfully winning has every right to be mad if the opponent gives up and leaves, that doesnt mean its okay for them to go on and pester the person who left, but by all means tell me more about how people who are good at the game shouldnt be happy about winning a match
>>
>>26455887
I bet no on ever wants to play games with you irl, you sound like a board-flipper...
>>
>>26456010
>all im saying is that the person who is rightfully winning has every right to be mad if the opponent gives up and leaves
yeah they have a right to get triggered by whatever the fuck they want. that doesn't mean they have a right to have someone else sit there wasting time because they want to treat winning a game as some retarded ego trip instead of just enjoying the gameplay and knowing they played well enough to win
>>
>>26456053
except in this case they only know they managed to beat one of anons pokemon before he went all qq and flipped the board.
>>
>>26455439
You ran like a coward, you deserve to be ridiculed, cuck.
>>
File: 79.png (32 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
79.png
32 KB, 300x100
There is no way OP isn't underaged.
>>
>>26456053
that's what I've been saying all along my guy. i was never condoning poor winning behavior. If someone wants to leave they can and thats fine, but I reserve the right to be a little upset about it, and I can do it in the comfort of my own house minding my own business without going out of my way to complain about it to the person who left (and im sorry to break this down to you, but ego or no ego feeling good for 2 minutes about actually winning a hard fought match has anything to do with anyone's skill level)
>>
>>26456140
*has nothing
>>
This is a fantastic thread and I am thoroughly enjoying reading through all of the banter. Please keep whining OP and please everyone else keep wasting your time arguing about it. But seriously, not sarcastically, please actually keep it up.
>>
I'm surprised so many people are against OP here.
I thought it was standard to forfeit if you are in a totally unredeemable situation? It's nothing to do with being angry, it's just if you are laddering you want to move onto another match rather than playing the game out for no reason.

If there is literally one more move left to play in the match then fair enough, you should stay, but if it is going to take a bunch of moves for you to eventually lose, just leave. It doesn't waste your time and it doesn't waste the opponents time. You can both move on.
Throw out a gg if you are worried about it.
>>
>>26456182
>laddering
>in randoms

Literally why
>>
>finishing the game is not worth my time
>But issuing and moaning in a voard and screaming autism and downie when not everybody ages with me is
>>
>>26456298
I'm not OP. I was talking about matches in general. I didn't think the thread had been specifically about randoms for a long time.
>>
>>26456343
the thread ahs been about OPs faggotry, but i can say from my point of view its been about randoms since i havent bothered re breeding my several hundred pokemon to have pentagons.
>>
>>26455439
he was right tho
you were so salty you had to come to an image board and complain about it.
lol salty much?
>>
>>26455439

>Beat someone on PS, high rank so the salt often flows more freely
>Losing opponent makes some kind of snarky snipe in battle chat then leaves instantly
>PM the fucker my retort because they left too soon for me to even defend myself
>"Get reported for harassment"
>">One message without being asked to not message is harassment"
>No answer
>No repercussions for me

High rank sore losers on PS are like liberals.

>I'm right, you're wrong and bad, I don't care to hear your side of things and if you PM me once it's harassment because I say so even though it isn't.
>>
>>26455439
>Not seeing the match through to the end
Let me guess, he/she didn't "deserve" to win.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.