[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you integrate more exploring and action-adventure elements
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: 1454855721479.png (139 KB, 620x623) Image search: [Google]
1454855721479.png
139 KB, 620x623
How would you integrate more exploring and action-adventure elements into Pokemon?
>>
Something like pokeathon in hgss but relating to quest in game.
>>
>>26455041
A jumping mechanic paired with Gen 7 graphics and area design
>>
>>26455041
third person perspective with a realistically scaled overworld. real time combat
>>
>>26455041
>make the areas in between gyms larger and more open
>add rare pokemon to sections of these areas to encourage exploration
>>
Actual sidequests
Non-linear gyms. Either give each set of gym trainers and leaders eight different teams based on how many badges you already have, or allow you to try challenging a gym you're not ready for
More lore, better NPC interactions. 90% of the NPC's in the latest games either say some variation of "Pokemon are great!" or just give you a fucking item. Nobody watches the TV, put that shit in a text scroll on the bottom screen and call it a radio or some shit.
>>
No storyline, just clues around the region that add up to something interesting.

True non-linear map, where you can battle the gym leaders in any order. Totally acheivable if leaders pokemon levels are based to match the range of your pokemon levels.

Kalos tier pokemon distributions in routes.
>>
>>26455703
>No storyline, just clues around the region that add up to something interesting.
That would be pretty nice. Lore is half implemented through bits in Pokedex, but they usually don't have much connection between themselves, more than just "This Pokemon is so powerful it can smash one thousand rocks with just its bare hands".
However, bits like Zangoose's and Seviper's entries give some depth and I like them for that.
>>
>>26455041
Just more non-compulsory routes. Hoenn was good at this.
Also more sidequests, even if it's just "find my Pokemon and I'll gice you a TM".
>>
>>26455101
I want this so bad.
>>
More side areas plus more puzzles except they're made bearable by not being punctuated with wild encounters every 3 steps or excessive trainer battles. Some light plat forming perhaps, nothing difficult. More secrets like the Regis, but not as obtuse (one or two like that would be awesome though). Make routes bigger and have some wide open ones where you explore in whatever direction you want and some labyrinthine ones with lots of shortcuts you can open up, like how Dark Souls does shortcuts. Longer stretches without trainer battles so you can actually absorb the atmosphere of an area without getting pulled out of it every 10 seconds to OHKO four Ratattas. Conversely have areas with trainers be more densely populated, they should be drawn to one another looking to fight not even spaced out. And having a bunch all near eachother is fine, you can always go back to a Pokemon Center and heal rather than forge on, that is what they're there for.
>>
File: madotsuki vomit.jpg (616 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
madotsuki vomit.jpg
616 KB, 740x740
>>26458093
>platforming
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 295x327) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 295x327
>>26458133
Don't worry anon I'm regretting it already.
>>
i'd almost appreciate Mystery Dungeon style randomly generated areas to explore with Trainers in it as a post-game thing.

Give them different themes, like Labs, forests, and so on.
>>
>>26455101
So what BW did?
>>
File: 4L_a8GXOuxA.png (161 KB, 300x248) Image search: [Google]
4L_a8GXOuxA.png
161 KB, 300x248
The battles are fine, just change the overworld, and make it "open world-ish", like the 3D Zelda games. It's ridiculous having to stick to a set path, look at the pic, there are some areas there that you can't walk on, even when it looks like you should be able to.

Make random encounters work like the newest Dragon Quest games, a model appears in the overworld and it chases you or runs away from you
>>
NO STORY. That's why I skipped gen 5. Just gives us the loosest story ever with minimal dialogue and exposition.
>>
More puzzles on routes/caves/forests etc where you have to use your Pokemon as tools to get through. Allow trainers to have a Pokemon out of its ball in the overworld and use that Pokemon's abilities. Ex. Charmander burns a tree down in your way/lights a cave, Excadrill digs underneath a wall to grab a key, Sudowoodo acts like a tree to hide you from the person you're following, Espeon lifts an obstacle out of the way with telekinesis, Porygon-Z hacks the key card and opens the door etc. Makes for multiple ways to solve each puzzle so that any relatively diverse team of pokemon can be used to get through, instead of "shit I dont have a pokemon that can learn flash, now I have to go all the way back to the pokemon center to get a shitmon for this one cave only and deposit a pokemon that I actually want to train"
>>
Much more sidequests and randomly generated dungeons in certain areas where you can find items and battle trainers.
>>
>>26455041
Copy frlg and rse
>>
>>26455041
Monster Hunter tier worlds and exploration mechanics.
Side quests.
>>
>>26458255
>and make it "open world-ish"
Fuck off.

>Make random encounters work like the newest Dragon Quest games, a model appears in the overworld and it chases you or runs away from you
Those aren't even random encounters.
>>
>>26458591
I knew someone would get triggered by the open world comment, did you read the rest of my post? It's not like I want GTA, just a more open environment without knee high walls, fuck off

And they're random, yes. A monster spawns randomly and disappear after a while, the only difference is that you know what mosnter spawned before starting the battle, so you can run away from it faster than choosing "run" from the menu. Tall grass will make less sense if you go with a full 3D world, which is something GF will do eventually
>>
>>26458262
I would actually love if Pokemon had a less in-your-face story in style of Dark Souls. No unnecessery dialouge, just various clues scattered around the region. DEEPEST LORE threads would last for months.
>>
>>26458664
>And they're random, yes.
Not him but you do know what makes random encounters random right?
If you can see them and either avoid or battle them at your choosing then they aren't random encounters because you can plan for it.

>Tall grass will make less sense if you go with a full 3D world
>sense
This is a video game not a real world, there can be tall grass in any game they decide. There's no reason why they can't be in.
>>
>>26458093
This. Also, non linear gyms.

A LOT more Pokémon in the overworld. I want the wild encounters to be just like the DexNav hidden Pokémon and also have Pokémon spawn walking around outside of the tall grass. I want cities full of people and their pet Pokémon. I want to see them flying around, I want to see them watchintg you from trees. ORAS got a good start with some of this, but it's not nearly enough.
>>
>>26459098
This is also HUGE for me. Sometimes it feels like pokemon dont even exist in the overworld. its part of the reason I love the following pokemon in hg/ss so much. Recent games do a good job of faking like they're gonna prioritize this in the early parts of the game (Riding pokemon in x/y, beautifly cutscene and wingulls on beach near Mr. Briney's cottage in or/as) but then seem to "forget" about it by the time the 4th or 5th badge rolls around and it becomes dull and lifeless again.
>>
>exploring
how about more hidden areas that you're not required to find
Specifically i was thinking of the 8th gym leader's signature pokemon is not on the regional dex, but they imply they got it from nearby
if you explore the nearby cave, you'll find an exit into a valley with several pokes not in the regional dex
maybe also a hidden town of people that have escaped from modern society and a bit more area to explore

>action-adventure
maybe halfways incorporate a faction similar to Pokken
i don't think we're going to get it any closer to action-adventure than that, maybe more adventure, but not action
>>
>>26455080
>realistically scaled
You sure that's a good idea? Norman said once it would take him an afternoon walking from Littleroot to Petalburg
or am i misunderstanding you?

>>26455703
barely any games have no storyline at all, and making a pokemon game like that would make things a bit bland i think
but i would like a more non-linear map and story, that could absolutely be a good game,
but i doubt GF would do it

>>26458217
would absolutely like that
maybe have you progress as far as possible before running out of pokemon, not being able to run from even wild battles or use items
also get the chance to search the cave instead of proceeding to find loot

>>26458255
don't know anything about Dragon Quest, but the first part i like
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.