[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why does vp hate gen 6? X and Y were far better than gen 5 crap
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: mad fug.jpg (52 KB, 484x498) Image search: [Google]
mad fug.jpg
52 KB, 484x498
why does vp hate gen 6? X and Y were far better than gen 5 crap and ORAS are literally the best remakes.
>>
>>26453172
The only thing X/Y are better at than previous gens are graphics, everything else is shit.
OR/AS was like if someone was trying to recreate the anime in third gen with X/Y engine.
>>
>>26453172
this is bait.
the ORAS remakes are fucking shit
>>
File: vp.jpg (214 KB, 1200x667) Image search: [Google]
vp.jpg
214 KB, 1200x667
>vp is one person
Gen V is better than VI, btw.
>>
All 6th gen is good for is having far easier ways to breed and raise Pokemon. There's nothing to actually do aside from battling other people though.
>>
Gen V was amazing. VI was just decent.
>>
>>26453172
X and Y are better than BW but worse than BW2 IMO
>>
>>26453306
>X and Y are better than BW
Not even close.
>>
XY is worse than BW2 and the best remakes are still FRLG
>>
at risk of sounding like a pretentious asshole, i think switching to 3d just took away some of the charm of the series
>>
>>26453172
Agreed. Not sure what Game Freak was on when making Gen 5. With the exception of a few, the pokemon all look terrible. The genies, musketeers, ducklett and swanna, the gears, ice cream, plenty others are just bad. Cryoganal exists for fucks sake. Who the fuck thought that was ok?
>>
>>26453172
Because you are one of the few people on /vp/ with decent taste anon.
>>
>>26453315
BW had shitty rivals and the second worst evil team, as well as terrible animations

at least XY had trainer customization
>>
People got more elitist about Pokemon, maybe.
Black and White were shit on quite a lot before people appreciated them. /vp/ will shit on every new game they get the chance to. Almost ruined how I felt about ORAS until I actually played it and felt super glad I didn't pass it up.

>10 years ago, people would have shit their pants at soaring being a thing
>people shitting all over it now
>>
>>26453172
Everything Gen V is terrile. The anime, manga, adaptations....Goof thing GF do everthing they can to hit on Gen V stuff when XY are released.
>>
>>26456476
The opposite happened to me. I saw people shitting on Gen 6 and thought "I'm sure I'm not gonna hate it as much" but I played it and I did.

Kind of a shame.
>>
>>26453172
>Kalos feels like a guided tour
>Lysandre's plot is nonsense
>gym leaders are easy, forgettable and only use 3 Pokemon
>you can't even go into the other power plants
>Exp Share fucks with the balance
>ORAS took the blatant handholding to new heights
Meanwhile
>Unova feels like a guided tour, in BW1 the game is a straight fucking line
>NPCs constantly stop you for story shit
>in BW2, every HM is literally handed to you by an NPC who walks right up to you. I thought these were Hidden fucking Machines?

As of gens 5 and 6 the balance between player-driven narrative and story-driven narrative has tipped in the wrong direction. That's the single biggest problem with these games; everything else is just a symptom.
>>
XY are the best games in the series just because of trainer customization
>>
>>26457839
this
>>
XY had even worse rivals, and the worst evil team.
>>
>>26457855
I'd put PokePETA up there, but Flare was more stupid than even Anime Team Rocket..
>>
XY are objectively the most barren games, had terrible rivals and an evil team that was more absent than R/B team rocket. Controls were a mess with the permanent rollerskates, and the game was incredibly easy to the point of just being plain boring. It felt like playing pixelmon.
ORAS was just terrible. You don't even need justification to say that at this point.
>>
>>26457839
Trainer customization fucking sucked. Maybe if you could look like anything beyond fedoracore or sports jock, it would be decent.
>>
>>26453172
HG and SS are the best remakes

ORAS a shit
>>
>>26457891
Fuck you, it's better than being forced to wear a scarf and a retarded prep hat for the entire game like in Sinnoh
>>
>>26457855
There is nothing wrong with Team Flare, and Plasma were garbage.
>>
>>26455163
It could be considered that way, but switching to psedue 3D like XY and just be outright lazy with alot of routes and the postgame did and using a different music conposer among other thingd is why I consider the game to not have charm

Ace Attorney is an example of transition to 3D done right and AT6 is improving it, and i'm excited because I consider S&M to be the BW to DP
>>
>>26457929
except BW was shit compared to Platinum
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 326x343) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 326x343
>>26453172
>>26455327
>>26456941
>>
>>26455907

Stop replying to yourself, OP. It's pathetic.
>>
>>26453172
XY were the best games since GSC imo.

Gen 3 and 4 were absolute shit except for the remakes but nostalgiafags will defend them.
>>
>>26453172
>posts controversial opinion along with u mad? image

Here's your (You)
>>
>>26457855
>>26457864
>>26457885
I like the idea that most of the Flare grunts are there to metaphorically create a more beautiful world while also making cash when Lysandre literally means to recreate the world into a more beautiful one by inciting a genocide and the grunts have been drinking the Kool-Aid this whole time. It makes them seem more cult-ish than previous games' teams and that's why I like Flare.

BW Plasma, on the other hand, we're kind of a stupid team to begin with. They wanted to liberate Pokemon, but used and stole Pokemon to further their agenda? I know it's because you need to have a villain to fight through the game, but it just seems so contrived to have Pokemon battles against an organization bent on liberating Pokemon. Also, the fact that no one saw through Ghetsis' ploy until he ousted himself is just stupid.
>>
BW1>XY>BW2>ORAS
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.