[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What made your favorite game worth it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: i3bddj.png (218 KB, 422x200) Image search: [Google]
i3bddj.png
218 KB, 422x200
Ok, in my opinion the dexnav made ORAS worth the price, at least for me. I literally spent days hunting for a bullet seed/quick feet shroomish. Over 200 poke-radar scans later, I got one with a bunch of perfect IVs holding a Big Mushroom to boot.
>It felt immersive, like I was searching for a pokemon rather than running around getting mauled like an idiot.
It felt awesome, on par with nailing down Lugia in my last pokeball after all 35 of my ultras failed in Silver. What about you guys? What makes a Pokemon game worth it to you?
>>
File: dexnavinterface.jpg (33 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
dexnavinterface.jpg
33 KB, 320x240
>>26452361
The index function of the pokedex by area in BW2 is underrated
>>
File: areanavpokemon.jpg (34 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
areanavpokemon.jpg
34 KB, 320x240
>>26452415
Whoops wrong file, also underrated features thread
>>
DexNav is amazing and I pray it returns in some capacity in SM. It's a huge development for Pokemon IMO. PokeRadar was OK but it felt too ransom, and shaking grass was more limited but consistent in terms of what you got from it, but DexNav is the cream of the crop.
>>
Bike gears in gen 4
>>
>>26452415
Habitat Mode in BW2's Pokedex was easily my favorite part of that game. It's a feature I've always wanted and it made completing the regional Pokedex a lot of fun.

DexNav/Sneaking is literally the most innovative and unique feature the games have had in years. I'll be sorely disappointed if we don't get something similar as a game standard going forward.
>>
File: pokemon-620x.jpg (47 KB, 620x316) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-620x.jpg
47 KB, 620x316
I liked the note pages/pokedex in the back of the gen 1 manuals
>>
Did anybody else like the berry breeding in x and y?
>>
>>26453402
Not really. Too damn slow and too open-ended in regards to getting the berries you wanted.
>>
>>26453426
I feel like it could use improvement but I still liked the concept
>>
>>26452510
i wouldn't be surprised if gamefreak replaced the dexnav with something shitty
>>
>>26452361
Battle Frontier in RSE/DPPt
>>
>>26452455
Yeah but both are still slow as shit compared to gen 3/5 bikes.
>>
>>26452361
they better not remove the size comparison from the pokedex AGAIN
still want the weight comparison to come back
just fuse the current dex with the HGSS one, add the "area" tab for the BW one, and you got the perfect dex
>>
>>26454139
No doybt of that, they dont keep most features from remakes
>>
>>26454435
also give back the ability to see the underside of models
>>
>Dexnav/Sneaking
>good
Lol wtf just breed an egg nigga
>>
>>26453402
Yeah, I loved it. Best it's ever been, by far, and berries actually had a use via the Juice Shoppe. I would also grow a shit ton of the rarer ones and distribute them WT. Good times.
>>
File: snugemmers.png (110 KB, 910x892) Image search: [Google]
snugemmers.png
110 KB, 910x892
>>
I love the DexNav, I didnt use it to hunt for Things really, but I liked to see that I caught every pokemon in the area. I wish they'd keep that, or at least make a new version of it.
>>
Dexnav isn't coming back...I've already accepted this reality

>>26454663
>Getting decent egg moves, hidden abilities, and IVs without having to chain breed

senpai please it's convenient.
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 714x777) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 714x777
>post yfw DexNav isn't coming back in Sun and Moon
>>
I choose to believe it'll come back. Dexnav was too good to not even get a spiritual follow up.
>>
>>26454681
Sleep snug Emmers
>>
File: image.png (461 KB, 1274x692) Image search: [Google]
image.png
461 KB, 1274x692
>huge batch of great Pokemon
>great story
>great protags
>Poke New York worked nicely and felt unique
>the ending where you fight N, legendary vs legendary was easily my favourite moment in the series to date
>>
>>26455089
>huge batch of great Pokemon
>great protags
>>
Honestly, the more relaxed feel of Kalos is pretty damned appealing. Add to that Amie and a wide selection of Pokemon and you're golden.
>>
I like the dexnav so much better than breeding. I wish IVs either weren't a thing or you could practically get 6 while using the dexnav
>>
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 236x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 236x314
Battle Frontier. Spent about 30 hours playing the main game, then about 370h on Battle Frontier and all related activities (like breeding and training 'mons). Never replayed my Emerald in the process. Didn't get that far as symbols are considered (only had gold in dome, factory, pike and silver in tower) but I had shitton of fun coming up with new strategies anyway. Oh yeah and the cloning glitch was the bomb, although I did accidentally lose my Rayquaza in the process.
>>
>>26454663
Buddy, DexNav let me use a Hyper Voice Altaria during my story run and it barely took any time at all to get it. It also made getting a decent Feebas easy.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.