[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best Regional Pokedex?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2016-05-23-20-14-41.png (1 MB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-23-20-14-41.png
1 MB, 1440x2560
Which regional pokedex is your favorite? Do you prefer smaller pokedexes, like the kanto/original unova dex, or more comprehensive dexes, like the bw2 unova dex, or the three pokedexes from kalos?

Personally I think gen II was my favorite. I liked that it contained all the possible pokemon available, but organized them more organically for johto.

Least favorite is the ORAS hoenn dex. Why include Dusnoir and Rhyperior if you can't get their evo items until after you get the national dex anyway?
>>
>>26452226
I'm fond of the FRLG pokedex, which included habitats and grouped related mons together even though their dex numbers are ridiculously far apart.
>>
>>26452312
That was a nice feature
>>
I like HGSS' format.
>>
>>26452312
This was a really cool feature.

I was a bit disappointed that the Gen VI dex in XY and ORAS didn't have more in depth info like that one did. You'd think, especially in XY, the dex is basically a tablet. I wish they expanded dex entries to be a mock wiki page for pokemon.
>>
>>26452663
ORAS's size comparison was pretty good. Not entirely accurate but it helped visualize the actual size of some pokemon
>>
Kanto/Unova in terms of regional flavor.

B2W2 fo a good ratio of old:new

XY was bad but only because the new mons (16% of the entire dex) were so diluted by old ones.
>>
>>26452687
The one thing I want in future size comparison is to have a pokemon, Dratini for example, to have better representation.

Dratini is almost 6' long. Show it head to tail rather than silhouette of the model next to the trainer.
>>
>>26452226
>Why include Dusnoir and Rhyperior if you can't get their evo items until after you get the national dex anyway?
I'm guessing they didn't want another FRLG situation if you somehow did obtain those items.
>>
>>26452312
As far as features go, I'm with this anon

As far as looks, BW Unova dex
>>
BW2 and XY. dat wide variety.
>>
>>26452748
Yeah but since Diamond and Pearl you've been able to trade in pokemon outside the dex with no problem (technically you could with Ruby and sapphire too, but that would unlock the national dex).
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.