[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why am I the only one who loves this dungeon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Pokemon Mansion.png (220 KB, 400x370) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Mansion.png
220 KB, 400x370
Why am I the only one who loves this dungeon?
>>
I agree it had some cool Pokemon
>>
>>26452127
I would have liked it if I didn't get attacked by Pokemon every five steps.
>>
>>26452142
>>26452155
Am I also the only one who uses repels?
>>
>>26452269
In RBY, repel didn't work.
>>
>>26452554
>RBY
>>
>>26452127
That floor you have to fall through is the least intuitive shit in any pokémon game.
>>
>>26452672
I was ten the first time I did it in Fire Red and I had no problem
>>
>>26452554
Ah I'm so glad I never had to play that shitty game. Can you imagine my surprise when people willingly decided to rebuy that game 20 years later, like a million of them, without any emulator benefits too, buying an archaic outdated turd. It's so funny.
>>
>>26452554
Are you dumb? Of course repel worked. You probably had underlevelled pokemon

>>26452845
>bait
>>
>>26452873
How is it bait?
>>
>>26452672
The guy next to it gives you a huge hint, though.
>>
>>26452686
Congratulations. It's still poor game design since it looks nothing like any other sort of entry or ledge in the game. That's true both in RBY and FRLG.
>>
File: JUST.png (120 KB, 243x290) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
120 KB, 243x290
>>26452127
>RBY
>In-game lore confuses you
>Floor's pattern fucks your eyes
>The music rapes your ears
>Random encounters violates your patience
>Falling through floor ruins your rectum
Fire Pokemon sucked balls in-game too.
>>
I loved it. Great location, good atmosphere and exploration, cool Pokémon, nice lore.

Say this as someone heavily critical of Gen 1 too.
>>
Most of the design problems aren't present in FRLG, which is the version I was referring too, like being ugly
+ Unique design
+ Actually has lore
+ Puzzle isn't too difficult
+ Trainers give a shit load of money
+ Lots of good items
+ Only three floors
>>
>>26452127
I like it
>>
>>26452127
It has a good music
>>
>>26452934
>>26452945
>>26453296
>durrrrrrrr lore
>literally reading a book with pages
>the most cop out way of spoonfeeding "story"
NICE LORE
>>
>>26456894
How the fuck else would you convey lore?
If it's something that happened in the past you can't convey it with actions, so it must be written, and if it's supposed to either be secret or forgotten then I see no problems with it being in books instead of some NPC telling you about it. Stuff like architecture also helps, and they use that here, but on a GBA screen visuals alone aren't enough to properly convey anything.

The only other option is flashbacks, and I'm sure nobody wants cutscenes like that in pokémon.
>>
>>26456894
>the most cop out way of spoonfeeding "story"
That's not forced cutscenes every route, you're thinking of X/Y
>>
>>26457674
>The only other option is flashbacks, and I'm sure nobody wants cutscenes like that in pokémon.

I actually thought AZ's story in XY was nice, despite the cutscene overdose hurting the rest of the game.
>>
>>26460225
flashback cutscenes also happened in 5th gen, at least with B2W2.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.