[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cringiest shit you've done Pokemon related? >Summer after
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11
File: 1463682228557.png (175 KB, 500x519) Image search: [Google]
1463682228557.png
175 KB, 500x519
Cringiest shit you've done Pokemon related?
>Summer after 5th grade
>Walk to Library almost everyday because no internet and wanted to play Pokemon Crater on computer
>Neighbour girl starts going after a while
>One day we were sitting together reading when she randomly says that she wants us to hang out more and that she wants to be better friends
>I didn't give a shit, giving her short word answers
>Pick up Nintendo Power magazine and see Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue
>Immediately loses my shit and start nerdgasming everywhere telling her how it was really cool that Pokemon can talk and how I was there day one etc
>Now she starts giving one word answers like "cool" "nice" etc
>never see her at the Library again after that day
>>
Feels bro.
You reserve this too.
>>
I was at school when a guy had Pokemon cards. He was playing with another guy. I see that he had a rare shiny. Told him I would swap all my cards for it. He said no. He then said if I walked down the food court while walking weird and being weird he will give it to me. Thought it was worth it at the time for that card. So everyone looked at me and I was really embarrassed. I asked for the card. He said i was joking. So I got mad and pushed him. He got up and tried to hit me. I threw a card and slit his forehead. And I got in trouble. That's it,
>>
>Be at uni, short while after XY came out
>See two East Asian girls playing the new games around relatively often, they live nearby me
>Finally see them in dining hall playing when I had also brought mine to play
>Decide to approach to see if they'd recognize me, try to make conversation
>"Hey you guys is that the new Pokemon game?"
>Show my X
>"Yeah"
>"If you guys wanna trade or something, I've got some stuff"
>"It's ok"
>"Alright no prob"
>Go back to sit where I had my food and play

I couldn't tell who between us was the most awkward, but the whole thing just felt very awkward. Didn't bother talking to them after that.
>>
Did you know a holofoil pokemon card has enough metal in it to set off a detector in an airport?

I didnt until it happened.
It was a raikou.
>>
>Girl with a lot of baggage (emotional and physical, she had a sweet ass and solid rack) is into me
>She's fucking nuts though
>We have a "will-they, won't-they" fake mocking relationship where we make fun of each other
>She mocks the fact that I play Pokemon
>Decide to bring in my red GameBoy with Pokemon Red and my aqua GB with Pokemon Blue and let her play with me
>Do this in the middle of a final exam
>She doesn't want to play
>Drops my GameBoy on the ground
>I get mad
>She jokes about it
>I tell her to fuck off and take my GameBoy back
>Ignore her for rest of the day while playing two GameBoys
>>
>>26450951
>act friendly towards someone with shared interests
>they blow you off

It's pretty clear they were the more awkward, anon. Unless you wear a trench coat and fedora, there's no reason for them to respond that way.
>>
>>26450985
I'm fat and do wear a Pokemon hat. But I'm friendly.
>>
>>26451014
Eh, maybe that set them off, but still, you were friendly. What, do they think they're better than you just because you wear a Pokemon hat? They're still adults playing a kids game
>>
>>26451027
Yeah they shouldn't of done that. They probably thought I smelled. It was summer too lol
>>
>>26450985
I'm actually the original guy. Skinny and don't wear much that would stand out, e.g. mono-color sweater and jeans.

Thought this guy >>26451014 >>26451040 was offering his input but it seems like he's just trolling.
>>
>>26451075
Maybe they were shy, anon. Are you cute?
>>
>>26451091
Let's not twist/derail this thread.
>>
>>26450792
In the 7th grade I wrote a fanfic about me and my cousin going on an adventure in the pokemon world. I made it in Powerpoint and animated by tweening the sprites around.

At first it was supposed to take place in Kanto but then I sent them to an OC region so I could have Gen 4 pokemon, stolen fakemon, and splices.

Even more cringeworthy, I'd have me and my cousin battle random Nintendo characters like Kirby, Ness, and the Excitebike guy. My rule of thumb was that if I'd just unlocked their trophy in Brawl, I'd make an episode about them.

Pokemon DP got released in Japan around the same time and I found a website full of Gen 4 sprites. I thought I was hot shit for knowing about a pokemon game that hadn't come out in the west yet.

Dawn was a character too. But in my fanfic I named her "Yuki". She was a supergenius with a machine that could combine pokemon.
In one arc she gets turned into a Glaceon and eventually gains the power to shapeshift into Eeveelutions. But she'd only become a Glaceon because that's the only Eeveelution that I like.

I forget what Barry's name was in my fic, but he was evil and had psychic powers. He never interacted with the main characters though. He only existed to progress the plot and cause arbitrary conflicts.

There was also a Team Rocket trio who rode around in one of Tron Bonne's robots and talked like Peter, Cleveland, and Quagmire.
>>
I once told a teacher some kid was playing Pokemon during class
>>
>>26452419
>BW
>Third Grade
Nigga what?
>>
File: images.png (2 KB, 161x121) Image search: [Google]
images.png
2 KB, 161x121
>>26452419
>>
>>26452419
>BW
>2011
you kinda fucked up kiddo.
>>
>>26452520
no i don't think it was, amigo
>>
>>26450792
I recieved the cringe in this story
>Be me, 22, at Uni, ORAS just came out that week
>Get out of class early, go to dinning hall to wait for friends. Start playing OR while waiting for friends to arrive.
>Some guy I have seen at local vidya tourneys comes over "which did you buy"
>"Ruby, my GF got the other"
>"Nice, me too! Can i see your team?"
>as i hand him my 3DS "my mawile is underleveled because i literally just caught it"
>"i dont see your shiny metagross..."
>"i didnt want to use it"
>as he starts to somehow panic "maybe you just dont know how to get it! Do you have your box so i can download it?!"
>"dude, chill, just go to the pokemon center, its there"
>"YOU DIDNT EVEN EVOLVE BELDUM?! HE IS THE BEST AND STRONGEST POKEMON YOU CAN GET EARLY GAME!"
>"Dude, chill. I dont need an OP mon to beat a kids game"
>"THATS WHY SHOULD USE IT! ITS THE STRONGEST ONE YOU CAN ONLY GET LATE GAME!"
>"Dude, my preteen sister just beat emerald, I dont need an OP mon to beat a kids game!"
"KIDS GAME! WHAT DO YOU MEAN KIDS GAME?! DO YOU KNOW ALL THE INTRICACY THERE IS IN THE BATTLE SYSTEM?!"
>my friends arrive while his autism raises
>"dude, i plat on smogon and the TCG, i know that. This is an RPG campaign for 8 year olds, chill."
>"ITS NOT FOR KIDS! I LOVE RPGS LIKE XENOBLADE" *opens his shirt to show a Kingdon Hearts shirt* "I AM NOT A KID FOR LIKING THEM!"
>"No, but you are a child for freaking out because I like to play games without making them a chore"
>friend of mine starts laughing.
>"WHATEVER! HAVE FUN WITH YOUR UNDERPOWER POKEMONS!"
>"Yeah, that fisherman with 6 magicarps was so rough"
>friend keeps laughing
>random guy sits at a bar and eats by himself.
I didnt come to /vp for 2 months because of that

tl;dr, some autist goes apeshit because I take the ORAS campaign lightly
>>
>>26452520
I will admit, I chuckled.
>>
my diamond and pearl team were my best friends when i was younger because i was THAT weird kid

I came up with stories and romantic relationships for all of them

But I think the worst were all of the song parodies I wrote using their names. Most notably, I rewrote Fergalicious to be about my Roserade. Kill me.
>>
>>26453029
>Fergalicious to be about my Roserad
Post lyrics
>>
>>26453029
As a kid, I also gave my Pokemon personalities and relationships in the PC. The song thing is taking it too far though.
>>
>>26453275
You don't want the full taste of me back when I was the kid everyone probably thought was most likely in the grade to either kill myself or end up a school shooter, Anon

too bad i still remember like half the lyrics so it will always haunt me
>>
>>26453275
>>26453411
Seconded,I need this in my life also more stories if your willing would be nice
>>
>>26453411
Please anon
Please give lyrics
I need something to make me smile today
>>
>>26453736
ah goddammit okay

Well, in that run I decided to name every Pokemon a Japanese name. I'd go on one of those Japanese word translators and look up something (like "thunder" for my Luxray or something). Oh, and my Trainer was "Kamiko". But after about six months or so had passed, I looked up the name of every Pokemon I still used with a Japanese name and... The words, for the most part, uh, weren't real. I went ahead and renamed them basically the equivalent English name, but kept a few.

My Roserade had a "Quirky" nature so I basically turned him into a Hot Topic lel so randum! type. I think he was obsessed with toast and toasters.

I shipped my Gastrodon and my Roserade and I almost tried to animate a music video to that one DDR song Butterfly starring the two of them.

Oh, and an erotic Ash x Meowth Pokemon fanfiction is how I learned what sex was because my parents refused to tell me. I was looking up Pokemorph art and I came across a transformation fetish site, and, well... Yeah.
>>
>>26453837
The lyrics

please
>>
>>26453875
They were just my Roserade's original Japanese name instead of Ferga-, because they have the same syllables and had similar ending sounds. Then things like "And can't no other Poke put it down like me!"

I'm drawing a blank with everything else right now, but I think the Gastrodon who was in love with him was the will.i.am
>>
>>26453918
Wait so it was roserade in jap plus poke

ouch
>>
>>26453837
Holy shit I think I know the Ash x Meowth fic you're talking about

It traumatized me as a kid, Meowth sticks a claw up Ash's ass and Ash turns into a Pokémon? Because having sex with a Pokémon turns you into one?
>>
>Play Pokemon Pearl in 6th grade
>Boy I have a crush on also plays
>Finish the game before him
>Lie for some reason that at the end you can travel to Johto
>He finishes the game and asks me how to get to Johto
>Make up some bullshit about Jasmine being at Sunnydale and she takes you on a boat to Olivine

He probably used the internet and figured out I was an autistic liar because he never talked to me at recess again.
>>
>>26453977
YES! It was my first exposure to sex ever and I'm pretty sure it fucked me up.
>>
>>26453977
Not the anon you're replying to, but HOLY SHIT, I read that story too. In middle school computer class, no less. Was it popular or something? I just remember Googling 'Pokemon stories' and reading it at random. When I realized what was going on, I showed my friend next to me then quickly cleared the history so I didn't get in trouble.
>>
>>26452757

Cut the shit. We all know you didn't say any of those things.
>>
>>26454040
>>26453977
(Fergalicious here) I know I found it because it was linked to a Pokemorph / transformation fetish gallery. But I think if you search "ash female meowth" it will come up. I had no idea so many other people had read it.
>>
>>26454050
If i post my boxed shiny beldum would you believe, anonkun?
>>
>>26452757
that is a lie anon
>>
Be in HS, Pokemon BW is out and play casually.
Have a neckbeard peer that watches my progress. He notices some of my Pokemon are not carrying items and points it out.
"Well I'm just playing to explore the region."
"Dude, wait till you get the Electosphere!"
I look at him and ask what is he going on about.
"It makes Pikachu super strong and is given out at events once a year! He gets the power of his final smash!"
My good friend walks up to him and gives him a look and calls out how stupid that is.
The whole day the guy keeps talking about how it's real but accidentally released the pokemon holding it so I couldn't see it. It was so bad to the point that he was blaming the internet for not having it.

This was coming from a peer who is about a year older than I am. If anyone at an older age just lies like a child would with items or fakemon, you must have a problem.
>>
>>26453977
better than mine, i was like 7 and clicked those pokemon ads that said for free(didnt read well so all i saw was pokemon). Turned out to be a brock x literally everything kinda site. the whole pikachu x brock kinda scarred me
>>
File: 1443717976145.png (592 KB, 469x542) Image search: [Google]
1443717976145.png
592 KB, 469x542
>breed a 6iv male machop in a love ball
>ev train it, perfect moveset, etc
>name it after japanese body builder i want to fug me
he's perfect apart from not having heavy slam
>>
>>26454661
everyone boxed their beldum you lying nigger
>>
>>26450928
Wow didn't know you were fighting the butter man. instead of slitting his forehead you could've just waited for him to melt and take his card.
>>
File: extreme llama pivot.gif (412 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
extreme llama pivot.gif
412 KB, 400x225
>>26455044
Name of bodybuilder?
>>
>>26455312
Aska (on the right)
>>
File: imgp05681.jpg (206 KB, 580x386) Image search: [Google]
imgp05681.jpg
206 KB, 580x386
>>26455390
forgot picture fug
>>
File: 1393116348027.png (164 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1393116348027.png
164 KB, 500x500
>Be 22 year old me
>Walk down the street to go buy some chips
>bump into friend
>get to talking
>he asks if I would like a girlfriend
>"sure, okay"
>he says he'll introduce me to a girl that likes Pokemon
>skip to the next 2 days
>I meet the girl my friend was talking about
>she's a 7.5/10
>"hi anon! You like Pokemon too?"
>"Oh hey, yeppers! I love Pokemon and I choose you to be my gf!"
>we start hanging out for a while playing pokemon games and card collecting in the library
>we get along alright
>we plan a date at my place to watch some Pokemon movies
>"aw shiet, netflix and chill"
>we get through half of the first Pokemon movie
>we're really close
>"let me just pop this here" i say as i place my hand on her knee
>she's wearing a skirt so I'm touching her skin
>first time touching a girl its fucking awesome
>suddenly she moves her leg and breathes
>"hey mind if I use your bathroom?"
>"sure no problem"
>the movies over
>"she's been in the bathroom for a while"
>go to check
>the bathroom is empty and the window to outside is open
>mfw
>>
>>26450792
>Cut a cardboard "R"
>Put it on a sweater
>That's my Halloween costume
And that's why I hate Team Rocket.
>>
>>26455402
This is some stale pasta
>>
>>26450969
Do you mean the old ones or the new ones?
>>
>>26450792
I remember Pokemon Crater! Wasn't it that website where not only Shiny Pokemon existed, but there were other special forms like Metallic, Ghostly, etc.? Like I remember I always wanted a Metallic Ho-Oh cause it was like extremely rare but people want you to trade them like 6 Legendaries for it - all Shiny, all Ghostly, etc on some bullshit, lol, And the chatroom on Pokemon Crater were always congested with like hundreds of Gen 3 NPC sprites on screen right? You mean THAT Pokemon Crater?
>>
>>26455288
nice one mate, made me laugh at that faggot and his bullshit story. haha god damn butter man top fucking kek.
>>
>>26451484
this one is just too cringe to believe. i know people exist in the world that are like this but surely they aren't so common. it's all a meme right? the majority of the population hasn't become as inwardly twisted as this? this fan fiction shit is just everyone having a laugh right? right guys?
>>
>>26452757
>some 12 yr old's fantasy lies
this was just fucking lame, you could have at least made the bullshit interesting instead of dishing out this drivel
>>
File: 1453181523249.jpg (141 KB, 543x405) Image search: [Google]
1453181523249.jpg
141 KB, 543x405
>>26450792
>2nd or 3rd grade (can't remember)
>be a loser with no friends
>only person to hang out to with at recess was that other loser kid with no friends
>always go to that corner of the field no one goes to during recess

I have a very shit memory but I recall him imitating pokemon like a retard and telling me to do it too. So I awkwardly joined in. God I hated grade school.
>>
>>26453837
Glad I'm not the only one who did that Japanese word translator when they were younger.

I named my Torterra Kusakame because it sounded "better" than just calling it Branches
>>
>>26456014
Yeah, it was my favorite website back during that time
>>
>>26456571
Nobody saw my fanfic other than my cousin. It was pretty much just an outlet for our cringey ideas. A cringe-diary, if you will. I did share some of my splices and fakemon on an old spriting forum and they shooed me out.

The flash drive I saved the fanfic on is long-gone so I'm going by memory here. Dawn/Yuki being a shapeshifter was the cringiest thing I remember putting in my fanfic.

I read a lot of sprite comics back in the day so the Nintendo crossover stuff was just because everybody else was doing it.

2007 was a different time. But I grew out of it. Although I'd do it again and not regret a thing.
>>
File: 1448139430558.jpg (441 KB, 810x810) Image search: [Google]
1448139430558.jpg
441 KB, 810x810
>>26450792
>being in 5th grade in 2005
>>
I have two small ones

>named my sapphire character after the girl I had a crush on
>she saw when I was playing during recess
>never spoke to me again

>used to hate using the bike
>not even sure why, but the bike in gen 3 just pissed me off
>started screaming at a friend when I handed him my gba and he went to key items and registered the bike
>>
>>26451484
That sounds creativeand I would like to see that.
>>
>>26458605
Yikes at the first one.
>>
>>26456014
It was a good game.
>>
>>26458468
What's wrong?
>>
File: 1463518669366.jpg (238 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1463518669366.jpg
238 KB, 800x600
>>26450792
Started to write a romance story about Sylveon and Hydreigon a couple months ago. It's still unfinished, and just sits in my Word Documents like "Please open me, senpai. I want to be completed. ;_;" while I'm just like "No."
>>
>>26458734
him being mathematically retarded and ignoring the fact the underages have always lurked /vp/
>>
I can't stop drawing Pokemon abuse of the new starters
>>
>>26459062
post it
>>
>>26458930
>underage
At his youngest OP would be 20.
>>
>>26452757
>tell bad lies on the internet to look cool/edgy.

Yeah, we found the real cringe here.
>>
>main characters for LG, diamond and HG all girls named after my crush at the time
>one of my friends in math class was bragging about his pokemon online team to the girl I liked and I interrupted and challenged him to a poke battle(he had some gimmicky trick room team and she thought it was the most clever thing ever)
>in 5th grade role play as pokemon with two friends at recess. We battle and run around and shit
>in college go to party. Some kid has genwunner poster. Some girl comes up and starts pointing out her fave mons. I know I shouldn't say anything but I'm inebriated so I start telling her the competitive capabilities of each mon she chose. "Oh that's cool you like raichu. I guess you could set him up with nasty plot and life orb but he has pretty shit stats and coverage"
>>
>>26459201
Yup, I'm 21
>>
>>26458734
What's wrong is that while you're technically not underage, you were underage when /vp/ first started which means you're a disgusting newfag.

At this point the board is probably filled with people who grew up playing Gen 4 which is very, very worrying.
>>
>>26459509
Time moves forward but the average age of /vp/'s userbase probably doesn't. Expect to see the same shit with gen 5 in a few years, if you haven't left by then.
>>
I want to read more of these "trying to get laid through Pokemon" stories. I know they're full of horseshit but they're funny as fuck!
>>
File: 1234235647588.png (109 KB, 1612x1888) Image search: [Google]
1234235647588.png
109 KB, 1612x1888
Wrote erotic fanfiction about BOOM BOOM V2.5
Never finished it.
>>
>>26450928

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxB5CseJqDg
>>
Not really cringy but the first part makes me sad when i think about it
>in third grade, Pokemon anime has just come out in my country for the first time
>whole class is obsessed with it, every kid I know likes it, has merch and the whole deal and we all talk about it everyday
>next year in forth grade everyone moves on from it saying its "kids stuff"
>mfw "kid stuff" im like 9?
>starts hanging out with the only kid who still likes it
>we take our whole collection of pokemon toys everyday to class
>steals teacher's colored chalk things to smash them and feed it to our toy pokemon while we pretend they are growing and we are trainers
>goes to a different school next year, doesn't know anybody
>nobody seems to like pokemon
>pretends that doesnt like it either to fit in because I was a insecure little shit
>is in denial about liking it for years until R/S/E comes out
>Plays Pokemon for years to come without telling anyone until like 2009 when i was in college and met my current best friend and we've been playing pokemon together since
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.