[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Smogon hates anything that shits on stall, why is this still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6
File: 308Medicham_Mega_Dream[1].png (84 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
308Medicham_Mega_Dream[1].png
84 KB, 300x300
If Smogon hates anything that shits on stall, why is this still allowed?
>>
>>26448272
Sableye and Foul Play.
>>
Because it doesn't shit on stall. Nothing still around beats stall in anyway. If it did, stall wouldn't completely dominate and the top 5 OU players wouldn't all be stall players.
>>
>>26448272
Because it's shit.
A good core can bring it down without much problems, while Mega Sableye, who is on every stall team, counter it perfectly
>>
>>26448346
You know the meta is close to dying by the amount of stall teams dominating the rankings

Gen 4 and gen 5 all eventually turned into stallfests by the end of their life cycles
>>
>>26448377
Its already dead. I don't play it anymore. Smogon is garbage.
>>
Gen 5: the meta: the weather forecast
Was the best for smogon.
>>
>>26448405
Best Gen for Golduck.
>>
>>26448346
>>26448368
didn't you know that everymon that can beat chansey is a stallbreaker? :^)
>>
>>26448466
No one switches Chansey into a physical attacker or Psychics that might carry Psyshock, right?
>>
>>26448272

He's not over powered.

Most smogons tiers are designed from pokemon usage. The ones they ban just over populate the meta because how powerful they are. So its either bring a counter to that one mon on every team or ban it to open the meta up a bit.

I dont play smogon or its rules but it does make sense.
>>
>>26448272
Because base 100 speed really isn't what it used to be. That, and it still can't touch sableye. It also gets shit on by talonflame.
>>
>>26448272
It has counters in defensive Psychic types like Mew and Slowbro, as well as hard walls like Mega Sableye.

Just because something hits extremely hard doesn't mean it will be banned.

>>26448346
That's not the case either. There are still things that break up stall pretty nicely, being stallbreaker Heatran (fitting name, right?), LO Torn-T, Mega Heracross, stallbreaker Mega Pidgeot, and Diggersby, to tie into my last sentence responding to OP. I know there are more, but these are off the top.
>>
>>26448493
the only things that can ko chansey with psyshock are CM boosters. Currently the only mon that commonly carries both is probably M-Slowbro, which isn't even OU by usage
>>
>>26448272
>If Smogon hates anything that shits on stall,
Stop this meme.

Hoopa-Unbound got banned because it was too powerful even if you use balance or offense.
>>
>>26448664
Mega Heracross and Diggersby are walled by Skarmory and Pidgeot is walled by everything else. Stop being stupid. And there is definitely nothing "breaking up stall pretty nicely".
>>
>>26448762
Fuck off faggot stall player go play your 2 hour matches.
>>
>>26448786
M8 I hate stall too, but Hoopa-Unbound was broken.
>>
>>26448795
No it wasn't and yes you are a stall fag.
>>
>>26448767
>Stop being stupid.
You should refrain from saying stuff like this when you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

>+2 252+ Atk Mega Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 319-376 (95.5 - 112.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
>+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 312-369 (93.4 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
or even
>252 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Diggersby Wild Charge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 172-203 (51.4 - 60.7%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you don't know why Mega Pidgeot is a stallbreaker, you really should stay quiet on that matter. The closest things to walls for it on stall are Skarmory and Clefable, but even they can get run over.

>>26448786
>>26448964
How pathetic and sniveling can you get? The guy is right that Hoopa-U hurt more than just stall.
>>
>>26449558
>+2

Are you retarded? Who the fuck with a Skarmory is gonna let somebody set up on them without Whirlwinding them. Those Pokemon are literally useless against stall.

>Hoopa-U hurt more than just stall

No it didn't you retarded stall playing faggot which is why when it was banned, all that happened was the increase in stall teams and the lifting of Amoonguss and Quagsire to OU. Nothing besides stall was hurt by Hoopa U faggot.
>>
I have played against ABRs stall team almost three times in a row. Stall really needs to be exterminated.
>>
>>26449638
Are you new to this game or what? The opponent sees you have a threat, and goes to their biggest wall for it. You SD on the switch, or even just predict and hit them twice. That's why I showed that calc. That's what you're supposed to do. You don't play like a dumbass against stall.

>Nothing besides stall was hurt by Hoopa U faggot.

Repeating yourself isn't an argument. Hoopa-U is as dangerous to switch into as Mega Medicham, only difference is that there was fucking nothing reliable to switch into the Specs set. The only things that didn't die from it in the whole game were Shuckle and Mega Audino, the former which dies after Stealth Rock and the latter which is a waste of a Mega slot otherwise and doesn't even take the hits well.

>when it was banned, all that happened was the increase in stall teams and the lifting of Amoonguss and Quagsire to OU
Hey maybe consider this fact: those mons were part of 1 stall team that rose in popularity because the team actually got around Hoopa-U by using Banded Pursuit to trap it whenever it tried to use a STAB move. The team was there before Hoopa-U got banned.

>>26449733
That's the team.
>>
>>26449771
>those mons were part of 1 stall team that rose in popularity because the team actually got around Hoopa-U

Those mons were not OU before Hoopa-U was banned. Are you retarded? Why are you bringing up a team that you think can beat Hoopa-U, rising in popularity, when the only time those pokemon rose to OU was when Hoopa U was banned? You'd have to literally be an idiot to say something like that. The only argument I need is to look at the ladder moron. I don't need dumbass stallfag calcs. If I see when one pokemon becomes banned stall rises in popularity, and if I see that stall fags are untouchable at the top of the ladder, I know that literally everything you're saying is bullshit and that none of those pokemon you're bringing up can beat stall. Because I can see for myself right now, they're not beating stall.
>>
>>26449868
>Those mons were not OU before Hoopa-U was banned. Are you retarded? Why are you bringing up a team that you think can beat Hoopa-U, rising in popularity, when the only time those pokemon rose to OU was when Hoopa U was banned? You'd have to literally be an idiot to say something like that.
No shit dumbass, tier change happens at the end of the month.

>The only argument I need is to look at the ladder moron.
And that's what again makes you a dumbass, since I actually played on the ladder before, during, and after the suspect test, seeing that 1 stall team.

>If I see when one pokemon becomes banned stall rises in popularity, and if I see that stall fags are untouchable at the top of the ladder, I know that literally everything you're saying is bullshit and that none of those pokemon you're bringing up can beat stall. Because I can see for myself right now, they're not beating stall.

Hey maybe stop being a nitpicky retard for 2 seconds and open your eyes. There's more than just stall topping the ladder, but your eyes are clearly fixated on whatever looks like stall to you so you just forget everything else. I bet you also think everyone near the top of the ladder is different, since there are people with multiple alts using the same team between them so you probably count those accounts as multiple people.
>>
Stall exists, because it's efficiency is artificially sustained by ridiculous bans. Mega Lucario, Hoopa-U, Mega Kangashkan even - they all shit on stall like hardly anything else. Mega Medicham is good, but it's walled by Slowbro(unless thunder punch), Mega Heracross loses to Talolnflames that are often used by stall teams, Pidgeot is just weak and ineffective against other play styles.
>>
>>26449942
Ok retard, yea the year Hoopa U was around, the exact month that Hoopa U got banned, was the month it was destined to become irrelevant by this magic stall team. Please stop being a delusional stallfag retard.

Also no, all top ladder is stall
top OU player
PDCYoutube2 92.4% win rate: stallfag
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-374093118

pokemonisfun 92.3% win rate: stallfag
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-370332654

DJ Trump
number 3 player win rate 91.6%: stallfag
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-376418999

Number 4 Cunty Vibes semi stall fag
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-371416430

Now please stall fag stop with your idiocy and just realize stall is the most braindead easiest style to play with, and that it's overpowered because smogon banned all the decent offensive mons.
>>
Mega Sableye and Slowbro deal with it
>>
>>26450103
Here is where I stop talking to you, because the fact that you just referred me to an outdated Top 4, where only one of the 4 is actually still there, says to me that you're either trolling or retarded.

>yea the year Hoopa U was around, the exact month that Hoopa U got banned, was the month it was destined to become irrelevant by this magic stall team
Your problem is you say dumb shit over and over, like that it would make Hoopa-U irrelevant. And no shit it became popular around the time of the suspect test, since that was when the Specs set's devastation had built up to the point that it desperately wanted a test while players were trying to take matters into their own hands since it's not like they knew when the suspect test would come out.

>Now please stall fag stop with your idiocy and just realize stall is the most braindead easiest style to play with
You don't even know what the fuck you're arguing. I didn't say any of that.

>it's overpowered because smogon banned all the decent offensive mons.
This is where you're wrong. The previous part doesn't connect with this, so no clue why you're acting like they are. The mons that got banned were far from 'decent' and I gave you a list of mons that can still handle stall. But being the retard you are, you just ignored them after trying to say the calcs were worthless when they literally prove you wrong.
>>
>>26448500

>He
>Literally wears lipstick
>>
>>26450212
>because the fact that you just referred me to an outdated Top 4
You're fucking retarded. I literally just went on showdown and looked at the ladder and those 4 were the top winning players and then I made that post. Lol how stupid can you be to make a post like this without actually looking at showdown yourself. Now the reason I was able to make comments about stall being at the top without looking before I made that post, was because I know stall is overpowered and that isn't going to change until Sun and Moon come out maybe before smogon inevitably ruins the way Gamefreak wants the game to be played and makes stall overpowered again.

No faggot it did not become popular the same month of Hoopa U's banning. Stall teams became even more popular after it's banning. You're just a smogon apologist / stall player which is why you would say something so stupid.

Also wrong retard, none of the pokemon you said can handle stall, because as I look at the ladder right now, none of them are handling stall. Just because you're a retard and doesn't know how to play, so you think up imaginary scenarios in which you simplistically defeat stall with your retarded mons, doesn't mean thats what actually happens. I can see that it doesn't actually happen, because I'm looking at the ladder now. Now again stop being a retarded delusional stallfag and get over the fact that stall is overpowered in Smogon's retarded banlist that purposefully favors stall.
>>
>>26450329
I cringed. Other people reading this will look at the top ladder and see you're just outright lying too.
>>
>>26450358
Are you blind or trolling? Yes those 4 are the most winning players in OU. They have the highest winning percentage? Do I need to post a screenshot? Are you literally just a moron?
>>
File: kon.png (53 KB, 474x290) Image search: [Google]
kon.png
53 KB, 474x290
>>26450358
Just ripped from the ladder.
>>
>>26450504

So I guess the guy was basing his "Top 4" on the four people in the top 500 with the highest GXE instead of who's actually 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th place on the ladder, then being intentionally obtuse instead of coming right out and saying "I'm basing that on highest GXE not ELO."
>>
>>26450834
>obtuse

How? I specifically said the winning percentage (which is all that matters) of each person in my post >>26450103
>>
>>26450883

Regardless, it was clear that it was overlooked multiple times and causing confusion.
>>
>>26448272
Its wearing the Fortune from DOAX
>>
>>26450103
The guy the #1 was retarded. He has no answer for Quagsire. He needs HP Grass on Thundy or something.
>>
File: 1387587986769.png (105 KB, 450x420) Image search: [Google]
1387587986769.png
105 KB, 450x420
I don't get stallfag mentality. Is your life seriously so pitiful that you have nothing better to do than sit around clicking buttons for 200+ turns just for an imaginary number that'll fade away the next time the ladder is reset?
>>
>>26451225

>200+ turns

That's not how stallfags get to the top of the ladder, they get there by making their opponents forfeit
>>
>>26451225
They want to win. I don't blame all of them, just the ones who voted nonsense like banning Hoopa U and keeping M Sableye just so stall would be unbeatable.
>>
>>26451261
That's what I'm trying to say? What if your opponent refuses to forfeit? I'm sure most stallfags are willing to go as many turns as it takes to get that forfeit
>>
>>26451196

Many teams don't have an answer for Quagsire besides a Draco Meteor nuke from Latios or something.
The Grass types in OU are pretty rare to see and the most common one (Ferrothorn) really has competition in its moveslot to fit in Power Whip.

There are a few mons like that where it's just straight up pack something that beats it or get 6-0'd by it (barring extreme hax). Stallbreaker Mew is another mon like that.
>>
>>26451225
With that logic, All pokemon games are just pressing buttons.

But I see your point, stalling is the bane of fun.
>>
>>26451302
Sorry, that first question mark isn't supposed to be there
>>
>>26451312
But other teams actually require thought every play and are fun. Not just click whichever one of your pokemon walls your opponent then when they switch out, use a status move like stall. It's as mindless as Metronome battles.
>>
>>26450094
pidgeot is also weak and ineffective against stall
>>
>>26451306
I feel like we might see more of it or maybe Tangrowth. Especially with Amoongus there too.
>>
>>26451312
Bane?
>>
File: 1453259189318.jpg (45 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1453259189318.jpg
45 KB, 320x240
>>26451312
>stalling is the bane of fun
>>
>>26448272
Sableye still walls it and some stall teams use Talonflame so they can break HO's balls even more, and because the bulky Taunt Talonflame shits on Clefable.
>>
Is there any reason to play Showdown if you don't play with stall?
>>
>>26451671
Low adder is fun. If you get high enough on ladder that it isn't fun anymore, just make a new account, use the old name with different number at the end so you can stay low ladder and play other casualfags. Or tank battles and forfeit a bunch to stay low ladder. I've gotten to upper 1700's in OU, it's more fun to hover around 1300-1599, a lot less obnoxious shit there, people trying slightly different stuff. I just got sick of battling the same fucking volt-turn team with Landorus and Manectric that seemingly everyone in the 1600 and 1700s uses. Fuck Landorus to hell. Manectric can go to hell too, but Landorus is far worse.
>>
>>26451746

Damn I used abused that core in XY but I haven't noticed it as still being common. Especially now that the Scarf Lando-T set has declined in usage.

The beauty of that core was the good synergy, double Intimidate, and blazing speed.
>>
>>26451885
I don't know about everyone else, but I seem to battle it all the freaking time. I even put Gastrodon on my team (I like balance and bulky offense, but I won't use hippowdon because it's ugly. Yeah, I'm a filthy autist for wanting to use pokemon I like, whatever) to try and stop it since it kills both and usually stops every volt-turn core except Beedrill and Rotom-Grass, until I learned a bunch of faggots are just using HP Grass on Manectric to counter all the Quagsires running around! Then I was just all "Fuck this, I'm starting a new account and sticking to low ladder where I don't typically deal with this shit."
>>
>>26451746
I've seen some pretty unique stuff at 1600+. Some people are still using Rain, some dude had a gravity Mew with blizzard and Thunderbolt. What do you even do in a situation like that but forfeit? Some dude had a Sub/Kiss/Beam/Plot Jynx for some reason, etc.

Stall is cancer, yes, but on the low ladder you have the same stupid shit. People using the cookie cutter stall team to climb the ladder or doing some stupid shit with fucking umbreon or whatever
>>
>>26448272
Because it's easy to counter and fairly easy to check
>>
As it has been said again and again, to get rid of stall ban Mega-Sableye.

Stall was not as bad in the past thanks to being able to use entry hazards, or using toxic on switch-ins.

Thanks to Mega Sableye's magic bounce, that is no longer possible. If Mega-Sableye was easy to kill, it would not be so bad, but the fact it has just one weakness, huge defenses, gets Recover, can Wisp physical sweepers, can use calm mind for special sweepers, AND gets foul play to prevent setting up makes it way too annoying to deal with.

Seriously, Clefable, Gardevoir, Slyveon and Charizard are the only mons that can reliably beat M-Sableye.
>>
>>26448272
Because it's a Psychic type, which is garbage by default as of late.
>>
>>26451746
Who the fuck still uses Mega Manectric these days? VoltTurn teams are probably better than ever, but most people switched to Rotom-W due to how powerful Tyranitar + Excadrill are. Sand is the shit these days and you need to counterteam as many of its variations as possible, same with Pursuit semistall. Manectric has poor matchup against both and needs ridiculous amount of support to be viable or lose to those teams on team preview.
tl;dr you're losing to a bunch of scrubs who think they're hot shit because they're counterteaming even worse scrubs
>>
>>26457077
>Sand is the shit these days
Not in Gen VI
>>
>>26448272
because is bravest bird bitch
>>
>>26454515

More like a little difficult to counter and very fucking easy to check.
>>
>>26454887

Not true. M-Altaria and M-Lopunny also beat M-Sableye. And I want to stress the Mega forme that doesn't have access to priority Will o Wisp. Even 1v1 M-Altaria can beat it even if Sableye isn't Mega evolved if it's a special variant with PixilVoice.
>>
>>26457202

He said Sand is the shit, you know, good. Not shit.
>>
File: Hoopa_Unbound.png (276 KB, 731x577) Image search: [Google]
Hoopa_Unbound.png
276 KB, 731x577
Fuck Smogon for banning the chemo, the cancer slayer, and the savior of the metagame.
>>
>>26457276
But it is shit, since ALL weather strategies are obsolete in gen VI
>>
>>26458762
And that's literally not true. Sand pretty much gets a free win if you're not packing something like bulky Lando-T or Rotom-W, which is why those guys are so common in the first place. Excadrill is really good at sweeping, while Ttar traps things or Hippo walls things that threaten Exca/Ttar like Mega Lop.
>>
>>26458762
In singles maybe.
In doubles, sand and rain are both viable strategies.
>>
>>26450315
>Lipstick
Nigger lips my dude
>>
>>26458936

CroCune also switches in on SD LO Excadrill and gets one Scald off. If it doesn't burn just kill it with priority on the next turn.

My weather counter of choice though is Cloud Nine Altaria holding its Mega Stone. It can really fuck over a weather team if they think their Adamant/Modest sweepers are guaranteed to outspeed my Jolly Altaria.
>>
>>26459178
Crocune not resisting or being immune to EQ would probably want you to pair it with a Flying-type switch-in like Lando-T or Mandibuzz to keep guessing games going. EQ has about a 25% chance to 2HKO with Rocks and Sand, so any small damage would put it in range.

The Altaria trick sounds good, but mainly as a check, since Iron Head pretty much kills after Rocks and Rock Slide has a chance to kill on its own. Only thing is that Exca would have to be put in range by LO or some other chip, as Jolly M-Alt doesn't kill with EQ (80-95%).
>>
>>26459274

Yeah exactly ideally you want a hazard up (preferably a layer of Spikes) and a turn of LO recoil. It's generally just a good weather check, all it needs is STAB Return, EQ, and Jolly nature to beat almost every weather sweeper 1v1.

But you're right in that I usually have to get some chip damage or LO recoil in before you can get the guaranteed KO. It's more of the fact that they can play recklessly thinking their sweepers are untouchable and then run into the Cloud Nine Altaria in the last few turns of the match. Surprise factor.
>>
>>26450315

>She
>Literally topless
>>
What's a good counter to stall?
Is there one?
>>
>>26459460

No, neither gender should be assumed, but assuming it's male is the greater of the two evils.
>>
>>26459512
Hoopa-U, but Smogon banned it BECAUSE it wrecks Stallshit.
>>
>>26459512
Rain Dance manaphy shits on stall harder than Hoopa-U did
>>
>>26450315

Do you think Mr. Popo wears lipstick too?
>>
>>26459512

Mega Heracross has enough brute force to get through most stall mons, and OHKOs Chansey without even needing to Knock Off its Eviolite.

If you're usingnit specifically to counter stall I would say the best set is Close Combat Swords Dance Pin Missile and Bullet Seed instead of the typical Rock Blast. That way you can break physically defensive Unaware Quagsire. Just get Rocks up, SD on the obvious Skarmory switchin so it's at 88% after Rocks then OHKO with Close Combat. The rest of the usual stall fuckers crumble after you take Skarmory out of the equation.

Alternatively, Tail Glow Manaphy, Mega Gardevoir with Taunt just nukes everything, Kyurem-B.
>>
File: 1460646873101.jpg (73 KB, 709x709) Image search: [Google]
1460646873101.jpg
73 KB, 709x709
Are there any UU or below mons that can poo on stall?
I wanna give the showderp champ a good stallbreaker without resorting to the "fight smogon with smogon" everyone seems to be doing lately.
>>
>>26459590

CroCune was once known as a Stallbreaker but it doesn't effectively work anymore because of Clear Smog Amoonguss rise in usage. You should almost pray they're running Mega Venusaur that way all you have to do is stall out 8 Giga Drains instead of 16 because of Pressure, pray for no poorly timed crits, and then just Rest stall it out.

But like I said it's really unreliable against that standard stall team with Clear Smog Amoonguss.
>>
>>26459590
Not poo on, but there are a ton of mixed attackers in UU that can do huge damage.
Infernape (grass knot, close combat, fire blast, taunt, and lots more) comes to mind, as do lucario, nidoking, Crobat, mega absol, crawdaunt, darmanitan, toxicroak

All can do pretty huge damage to stall with varied moveset. However they obviously require good team support.
>>
>>26459866
>crobat
>tons of damage
it needs a choice band and can't hit steels. I use banded crobat a lot, but it isn't a wallbreaker, it's a super-fast squishy killer or a revenge killer
>>
>>26459910
Ah, I didn't have it in mind as sweeper, though it can function well with nasty plot, heat wave etc.

I usually give it a life orb with brave bird, taunt, roost and defog. Max attack and speed. It can 2hko a lot of mons, stops chansey in its tracks, and takes down ammonguss with ease.
>>
>>26459590
Nasty Plot / Air Slash / Roost / Heal Bell Togekiss. Can't be toxic stalled and eventually powers through even Chansey. Common pursuit trappers on semistall teams (Bisharp, Tyranitar, Weavile) obliterate it with STAB moves, so you need checks in the back, but it resists Pursuit so they can't wear it down that way. Also get some mons that can at least damage Unaware Clefable and Quagsire enough to prevent them from walling your Togekiss.
That's pretty much the only actually good stallbreaker that isn't already OU.
>>
>>26460178
Disregard that, I forgot about Choice Band Entei. Stall teams rarely run Heatran these days, so you're completely free to spam Sacred Fire to burn every single switchin your opponent may have. Just make sure to get Defog and/or Healing Wish support, it's very easy to wear down.
>>
>>26459866
Back in the day Infernape was the premier wall killer due to being able of one shotting Blissey and Skarmory by itself.
>>
>>26450103
watching these hurts my soul

who finds this fun?
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.