[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think SM will stick to the old pentagon rule or will it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 237x127) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 237x127
Do you think SM will stick to the old pentagon rule or will it introduce a new one?
>>
Same one. There are exactly 6 slots for a reason. The games after SM won't have it.
>>
>>26448204
While I would love a new one so we don't have genies again...

They're going to stick with it. Otherwise they'll have to force in more garbage like ORAS' legendary encounters so all pokemon can be obtained with the new mark
>>
The "3ds family" of games will likely all use the pentagon.

If the data things are correct there are only two more data slots available which is likely for SM. Might mean no DP remakes this gen which, honestly, isn't a huge deal. Gen 5 didn't give us any remakes so Gen 7 doesn't need to.

Once we move on to a new system I think we'd get a new symbol. I'd like something new for SM so people can have a better idea of when a pokemon came into being but the pentagon is fine.
>>
>>26448204
Nope, it won't use that one. It will use a new symbol in the form of a flower.

The extra 2 gen 6 games spaces mean nothing, as gen 5 games had 4 extra spaces too.
>>
>>26448234
>implying Gamefreak doesn't change their mind
>implying you work for Gamefreak
>>
>>26448204

Well if they are gonna do that they better remove ivs.

Not that they are hard to breed for anymore but I already had to rebreed my Pokes from the last time they did this.

Better make it easier this time because the bike simulator gets tedious.
>>
>>26448338
They don't change their mind about something they have planned years in advance.

I don't need to work for game freak. I have a great thing in my head called a brain to make these deductions.
>>
>>26448204
What kind of question is this?
Of course they're not going to use the old one
SM isn't compatible with ORAS or XY
>>
>>26448366
Pentagon has fuck all to do with compatibility and we already know you'll be able to send your mons over through Pokebank
>>
>>26448204
SM will introduce the Green Hexagon, that will eventually carry over to all other Gen 7 games including Z :^)
>>
>>26448366
>SM isn't compatible with ORAS or XY

anon...
>>
>>26448234
Those are placeholder slots. They're fully capable of not ever using them and switching to a new system.
>>
>>26448556
They don't need placeholders for something they know they're not going to do.
>>
>>26448537
When has a Generation let you trade back pokemon to an earlier Generation?
>>
>>26448568
Gen 2.

But unlike Gen 2, it will be battle compatible with XY/ORAS as well.
>>
File: 1463935518035.png (141 KB, 310x245) Image search: [Google]
1463935518035.png
141 KB, 310x245
>>26448342
Shut up Richard.
>>
>>26448575
I thought all 6.5fags were dead.
>>
>>26448568
Gen II.
>>
>>26448587
no one mentioned 6.5 in this thread except you.
>>
Someone explain what the pentagon is for?
>>
>>26448598
SM being battle and trade compatible with XYORAS is one of the top arguments for 6.5fags. You can't fool me.
>>
I believe that Sun/Moon will use the Pentagons, and here is why.

The Pentagons only indicate a game of origin. They do not represent games within a Generation. It has already been confirmed that Sun/Moon will be compatible with Pokemon Bank. This means that a Pokemon such as Pikachu that is caught in Sun/Moon will be able to be transferred back to X/Y/OR/AS as long as it doesn't know a move/have an ability that is new to Sun/Moon. The last two pentagon values will be divided between Sun/Moon respectively, and there won't be any other games in Gen 7 because of this. Gen 8 will likely come in 2018 for the new Nintendo System, and probably be a reboot to the series like Gen 5.
>>
>>26448575
>it will be battle compatible with XY/ORAS as well.
Nice speculation.
>>
>>26448575
>>26448595
I feel kind of dumb for forgetting about the time capsule.
>>
>>26448575
Yeah, sure. Making something like the Time Capsule isn't going to cause any glitches again.
>>
>>26448575
>it will be battle compatible with XY/ORAS as well
It will not

I thought the "6.5" meme was dead
>>
>>26448726
I don't remember ORAS glitching with XY.
>>
>>26448750
Did ORAS have any pokemon that evolved from trading that learned new moves exclusive to ORAS?
>>
It's Gen VI so why wouldn't it?
>>
>>26448257
>They're going to stick with it.
Nah, from a marketing perspective, redistributing everythign for gen 7 again but this time with a new emblem is mnuch better
>>
>>26448784
Did gen 2?
>>
>>26448750
That only has a few new moves and exclusive items. Gen 7 is going to have plenty more new moves and pokemon. If they have an equivalent of the Johto Guard Glitch then you should get ready for Glitchmons. Granted Pokemon Bank might actually be able to stop it from happening.
>>
>>26448858
Yes. And they could be traded back to Gen I which made those new moves glitch moves.
>>
File: 1463546740386.gif (3 MB, 190x200) Image search: [Google]
1463546740386.gif
3 MB, 190x200
>>26448796
That's funny
>>
>>26448358
>They don't change their mind about something they have planned years in advance

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Azure_Flute
>>
>>26448891
Hell, they have undistributed DLC within every gen
>>
>>26448891
They didn't have that planned years in advance.
>>
>>26448859
If they can do it with a few they can do it with many. It's the same concept.
>>
>>26448962
But my point is the more they do the easier it is to mess up on it.
>>
Isn't SM only going to be compatible with RGBY?
>>
>>26448876
You had to deliberately try get around the check at the gate for that to happen (which is admittedly easier than it should be), the Time Capsule wouldn't let you try to trade Pokemon who had new moves.

also, keep in mind that Gen 1 and 2 are a fuckton glitchier than Gen 3 onward, Game Freak was really bad at things back then
>>
>>26448566
Plans during game development change. It's likely we were going to get Kalos sequels, but due to monetary issues by Nintendo, they were forced to drop them and begin S&M instead.
>>
>>26449061
>It's likely we were going to get Kalos sequels,

We were never going to get Kalos sequels you faggot.
>>
Considering pokebank is a thing now, there isn't really a reason why they wouldn't be backwards compatible. Just remove any new moves, and you should be able to put gen 1-6 mons in XYORAS. Locations will just show up as "a faraway place", the same as usual.
>>
>>26449075
You don't know that, anon. Nor do I know. Process of deduction through Ashninja and all the Zygarde Forms in the anime is at least proof that they had more planned for Kalos.
>>
>>26448337

There are more spaces for extra games since Ruby/Sapphire, but this time two of the indication numbers left also got the important.
pentagon mark. Registered are 34 or so numbersyet, but the numbers 24-29 have the pentagon. X/Y had 24 and 25, ORAS 26 and 27.

So there's the possibility that SM are the only Gen 7 games and we're getting filling the two missing pentagon and Gen 8 coming in 2018.
DP remakes? Not likely. Third versions/sequels? After skipping them in Gen VI it's pretty much dead and they usually come out 2 years later, which would mean that there's another internatiol gap year like 2015 with no releases over the world only 2 years after.
>>
>>26449006

It's compatibel with all pokebank users, which are XY, ORAS and RBGY. But these pentagons don't have anything to do with it.
>>
>>26449106
>You don't know that, anon
Yes I do.

> Process of deduction through Ashninja and all the Zygarde Forms in the anime is at least proof that they had more planned for Kalos.
No it isn't. They can still continue that stuff while still making a new gen. You're clinging too hard to patterns.
>>
>>26449289
Anon, you don't know what Game Freak was planning to do.
>>
>>26449289
>You're clinging too hard to patterns.
Says the one who clings on to "new mons = new gen" which is a pattern that they can break at any time, especially because X/Y didn't get a patch.
>>
>>26449371
But the term generation is directly refering to the pokemon themselves dumbass.
>>
>>26450383
>new generation of games
>>
>>26449309
Yes I do.

>>26449371
I don't give a shit whatever gen it is.
>>
>>26450392
Then why are you arguing so hard about it? It seems like you think you know exactly what's going on, so let's hear from you.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.