[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PokéDex Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 1420179228736.jpg (92 KB, 938x1041) Image search: [Google]
1420179228736.jpg
92 KB, 938x1041
So am a massive faggot who's never completed the national PokéDex. And am gagging for a Shiny Charm.

I've only caught about 80 Pokémon in X.
So, anyone got any tips for completing the PokéDex in X?

Cheers, much obliged.
>>
>>26448015
Play through other games and transfer the mons.
>>
>>26448015
Git gud.
>>
>>26448015
>5. GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL. This will be severely punished and strictly enforced.

MODS
>>
Create a living dex.
>>
>Completing the Pokedex in X

Focus primarily on catching the ones that are at your disposal (that means those that you can easily catch on the game itself or transferring from other games). That's almost 25% to 50% of the entire pokedex, if not more.

Then focus on giving away baby starters (completely untouched) in exchange for normal pokemon not as easily acquired. The rarer they are, the more chances of a trade occurring.

Once you've got that out of the bag, all that's left is pseudo-legendary pokemon (which might not be as easy to trade with baby starters) and actual legendaries. There's a trick that's called the... Never mind, I forgot its name in English but simply put, there are people who give away their legendaries for pseudo-legendaries (don't ask me why, it's their own fault).

By pseudo legendaries, I mean shit like Dragonite, the good old Goo dragon, that kind of stuff. You wouldn't imagine the kind of legendaries I'd get just with a Goo dragon. Of course, it doesn't always work, but as soon as you get a legendary, take advantage of it to trade for OTHER legendaries. Of course, the rarer it is, better the odds of getting a wanted legendary.

AND THEN THERE'S THOSE LITTLE FUCKERS THE EVENT ONES

You MIGHT get lucky if you manage to get them from friends, but all in all, they're actually not that fucking necessary.
>>
>>26448015
Just start going through in National Dex order. Use Bulbapedia or something to see which ones you can obtain for yourself. You can actually get most of the way there just in X, especially if you have lots of friend safaris. For the remainder, either transfer from older games where they're easily obtained or trade for them like >>26448218 said.
>>
>>26448015
>He didn't catch them all

MODS
MODS
MODS
MODS
>>
>>26449365
>>26448147
Prove you have!
>>
I'm currently working my way through the Kalos dex in Y, and the biggest roadblocks so far is evolving by leveling up. Even with a Lucky Egg, this is where I'm spending most of my time. It's not difficult, but it's a time sink. Also those pokemon with a 5% or 10% encounter rate that just never show up for you, but like >>26448218 said, just trade a level 1 Froakie for them on the GTS.
>>
File: 666013.png (63 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
666013.png
63 KB, 300x300
I got every legend I ever wanted from GTS by trading vivillon. Try that. Got the nat. dex in about three weeks.

Tip: aim for trading for fully evolved pokemon then hatch their babies (then evolve the babies once if it's a 3-chain evo line). Much faster than training the pokemon from lvl 1.

Tip2: if you do train, use the exp O-power and victory road, if you need to level something heaps then use the rotation battle in restaurant Le Wow in Lumiose. The O-power will also persist for the whole duration of the rotation battles which is nice.
>>
>>26451315
Do you get a rarer Vivillon pattern though?
>>
>>26448015
If you don't want to spend lots of money, just get a flashcard and emulate all the games you need to fill your Pokedex then trade it to a legit game.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.