[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How the fuck does this cancerous shit work? It's the only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: join10.png (99 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
join10.png
99 KB, 256x192
How the fuck does this cancerous shit work? It's the only way to get so many useful items but nothing I read makes any goddamn sense. Do I seriously have to drain my battery faster by having C Gear on all time time? Do I just go there and hope someones walking around? How do I even get people walking around in there? Do I seriously have to find like 50 people that own B2W2 to get all the content in this game? Does it even work anymore or is all that old Nintendo WFC shit shut down? And what the fuck is the Entralink and what the fuck is infrared supposed to mean and why is so much content in this game doomed to be non functional once all the connectivity stuff shuts down?
>>
It's not that complicated, retard.
But yes, it's better with WiFi features.
>>
>how does this work?
it doesn't anymore
>>
Magnemite for life
>>
Now that we're almost two generations ahead, it's a great time to learn! SO, if you visit daily, I believe there will be one, maybe two npcs that run through your avenue, if you speak to them they will say, "I'd like to open a flower shop" or whatever they want to do, say yes, you will be able to open their shop.
>>
>>26447662
cool, nice game design GF. I just want to raise happiness quicker for fucks sake.
>>26447660
Yes, it literally is complicated. The amount of content in these games, with a large amount of it requiring both wifi and another (sometimes multiple other) person with the game, and the vagueness by which they describe it to you, by definition of the word, makes it very fucking complicated.
>>
>>26447652

It pretty much works by social interaction. Since the wifi is down for it, social interaction is greatly limited but any kind of interaction with an outside game would add to it, whether its battling, infrared, entralink, trading and whatever.
>>
>>26447709
There right now, no one there besides the first shop you get automatically and the 2 blue haired faggots. Same as it's been every single time ive visited it. Keep in mind I almost never have C Gear turned on because why would I want to drain my battery quicker.
>>
>>26447725
So the parts of the game that are supposed to be lively and fun are instead doomed to be totally empty for eternity

Online play was a fucking mistake
>>
>>26447652
>>26447660
>>26447662

I maxed the place out with 2 friends who own Gen V games and the in game trainers that passed by in a few weeks.

OP is literally a plebby pleb

Once a day people pass through. Send them to the right place. After you beat the game gym leaders pass through giving you more points.

That's it.
>>
>>26447782
A few weeks is a generous max time too, it was actually really easy and much faster than I expected.
>>
>>26447782
>>26447791
But

how

If its so fucking easy then describe to me, not in the weird "its a gameplay feature but we're describing it in a assbackwards way that doesn't sound too robotic as not to break immersion" that the game does, but in step by step fucking terms, please.

Like, how do I get people to pass through? What if they're not there when I go there? Do I have to have C gear on all the time?

Basic fucking questions
>>
>>26447850
You don't do anything. Just play the game and they pass through once a day anon. The number of people who will pass through is saved and they won't he seen passing through until you are there.

C-Gear is only to get player characters from other games passing through. Not for the in game people.

You literally just go there once a day when you want and the people are there. I used Serebii to send the people to the right place every time. But that's really it.
>>
>>26447879
So you don't need the c-gear on at all

Even if you want someone from another game, you only need it on long enough to pass by them
>>
>>26447879
But ive played the whole game and beaten the E4 and I haven't seen a single person walking thru there. I would remember it every now and then along the way, and every time I would take a few laps up and down on the bike, and every time it was nothing.
>>
>>26447898
Really? That's really weird. Maybe you didn't talk to someone in that Office you have? Or didn't go to Janus' Raffle for the first time.

I have no idea why that would happen. I just played the game normally and it happened for me. And I've played Black 2 twice.
>>
>>26447891
>Even if you want someone from another game, you only need it on long enough to pass by them

Pass by who? Do you mean I have to have the C gear on and walk by gym leaders and trainers and shit? Or do I literally have to have my DS with White 2 in public hoping I walk by someone also with a DS with White 2.

Because one of those is really easy and one of them is literally fucking impossible.
>>
>>26447652
>Do I seriously have to find like 50 people that own B2W2 to get all the content in this game?
It also works with BW1 players, so no. The only unlockable that requires numberous B2W2 players are the Funfest medals which only asks about 30 people. The Medal Rally is optional thankfully, and is truly impossible to complete without hacking.
>And what the fuck is the Entralink
It's where you get Dream World pokemon(which is impossible now), pass powers which would cost pass orbs, and Funfest missions to recieve the pass orbs. The Entralink also has the Entree(which is were you start Funfest missions and recieve pass powers), which is one of the requirements for Trainer Card completion.
>what the fuck is infrared supposed to mean
It was the first feature that allowed you to quicky trade,battle, and recieve friend codes locally without using the pokemon center.

These questions you asked have nothing to do with the Join Avenue btw.
>>
>>26447662
This sadly.

If you werent there when Magnemite trading was all the rage then you missed out.
>>
A bunch of people are always in my avenue everyday. Really useful place too.

Helps me hatch eggs faster, can grind my pokemon to higher levels, win some max pp and shiet etc.

Gives me things to actually buy and make my money of some use since everyone always has a bunch of cash loaded post game.
>>
>>26447746
You are aware that the game gives you 10 free NPCs per day right?
Just time travel nigga and you'll have it done in no time.
>>
>>26447662
>it doesn't anymore
Except it does.
>>
Fuck you op, its been my dream to run my own comfy pokemon shop in the games.

Ahh, to own my own shop like in Mahogany town,the npc in the sevii islands or Mt.Moon. A man can dream.
>>
>>26447931
It's the impossible one.

These games were designed to take advantage of a breif period of time - 2 years after BW, for the story, and the late-life of the DS, to take advantage of its larger userbase.

You missed out on a really cool experience, and are left with a decent plot and sequel game. You're complaining about the pudding, when you haven't eaten your meat.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.