[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best abbreviations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8
>RGBY
>GSC
>RSE
>FRLG
>DPPt
>BW
>BW2
>XY
>ORAS
>SM
These are objectively the best abbreviations and you can't possibly deny it. Nobody should ever attempt to say "SuMo" or "S&M" or similar bullshit.
>>
>>26447379
(Forgot HGSS, but you get the point)
>>
>>26447379
Don't you mean,
>ReGrBlYe
>GoSiCr
>RuSaEm
>FiReLeGr
>DiPePl
>BlWh
>BlTwWhTw
>eXwY
>ΩmRuαlSa
>SuMo
you stupid fucking Redditor?
>>
>>26447398
This is how stupid "SuMo" looks. I don't understand why so many people are pushing that abbreviation.
It's SM and nothing will change that.
>>
>>26447613
People are retarded and instantly think S&M.
>>
>>26447379
who cares post more best girl
>>
>>26447398
>ΩmRuαlSa
You do know that the whole reason why people started the SuMo shit is because it was ORAS right?
>>
>>26447640
To be fair, the S&M joke is infinitely more annoying that SuMo.
>>
>>26450224
Except ORAS is an abbreviation of FOUR fucking words. Not two. Four.
>>
>>26450224
>Omega
>Ruby
>Alpha
>Sapphire
>ORAS
>Sun
>Moon
>>SuMo
Idiot.
>>
>>26450252
You retard, they did it because of the sound it makes not the letters.
>>
>>26447379
SuMo
SuMo
SuMo
SuMo
>>
>>26450274
And SM is just as few syllables as Sumo, you fuckface.
>>
>>26450327
Oh for fuck sake, when ORAS came out people didn't say the full titles like Fire Red and Leaf Green or the individual letters. It was literally said Ohrass.
People did the same thing to SM and came up with SuMo.
>>
>>26450377
>people
You mean redditors.
>>
>>26450377
pokemon "Ohrass" is the most retarded thing I've ever heard. O-R-A-S is the way to say it.
>>
Fun fact: If you abbreviate all the games where Team Aqua awakens Kyogre in you get
S E AS
SEAS
>>
>>26450460
Fun fact: If you abbreviate all the games where Team Magma awakens Groudon in you get
R E OR
REOR
which vaguely looks like the word ROAR, which is a thing Groudon does.
>>
>>26450530
>ORRE confirmed
>>
RBY (Reby)
GSC (Jisk)
RSE (Rusee)
FRLG (Fur-lug)
DPPt (Dipt)
HGGS (Higgs)
BW (Bwuh)
BW2 (Bwuh-Too)
XY (Ecks-Why)
ORAS (Ore-Ahs)
SM (Smm)
>>
>>26447379
>RGBY
>mentioning green version
>>
File: 1423255001964.png (254 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1423255001964.png
254 KB, 650x650
>>26450773
>XY (Ecks-Why)
>not Crossy
>>
>>26447379
I want Sabrina to squeeze my head between those thighs.
>>
File: whyyes.png (32 KB, 75x182) Image search: [Google]
whyyes.png
32 KB, 75x182
>>26450773
WRONG.

It's

RBY (Arbys)
GSC (Guusk)
RSE (Arcy)
FRLG (Fherlg)
DPPt (Dupuput)
HGSS (Hoogsees)
BW (Boowh)
BW2 (Boowhtoo)
XY (Cksiy)
ORAS (Orss)
SM (Suhmuh)
>>
File: arcee_by_rg0-d612ixn.jpg (134 KB, 797x1108) Image search: [Google]
arcee_by_rg0-d612ixn.jpg
134 KB, 797x1108
>>26450904
>RSE
Arcee
>>
>>26450377
AND THAT'S THE SAME NUMBER OF SYLLABLES AS SUMO YOU DENSE FUCK.
>>
ORAS are the only ones I feel the need to shorten verbally, since the two games are 5 syllables each. Just saying one of them is longer than the name of any other pair of games as far as I can recall.
>>
>>26447613
Someone said r/pokemon banned him because he wouldn't use sumo and writing SM might trigger people by making them think of BDSM.
>>
>>26447379
I use all of those except I call it S&M because that name amuses me.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 513x429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 513x429
>>26447398
>FiRe
>>
>>26452301
Remember the times when searching for "Pokémon X" resulted in R34?
>>
File: 34451988 Big P3.jpg (29 KB, 240x400) Image search: [Google]
34451988 Big P3.jpg
29 KB, 240x400
>>26447379
Why not JUST use characters of Sun and Moon?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_symbols#Astrological_planets

Tell Hiroshima Nagasaki to introduce (or Unicode/Special Diacritics overall, see [s4s]) them JUST for that sole use!
Right Here Buddy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astrological_symbols#Unicode_encodings fur alle

>RGBY
Question stands - But what about the side series (first parts of which were designed by the Freaks themselves, w/ planned "Pokemon RPG" for Nintendo 64DD?)

Stadium 1/2/3? Stadium 0/1/2? 1/2/GS?
The usage of Colo and "XD" (eXtra Dimension) is triggering itself on this ITT board due to idiotic menes forced there. Colosseum and XD: GoD? Or eXtra Dimension: GoD? Maybe even eXtra Dimension: Gale of Darkness, let's go with the full title?

Speaking of other gaymes, Rangers 1/2/3, TCG1/2?
In Japon the unreleased game is called TCG GB2 if I recall the Pixiv tag correctly. There were like two more TCG games (would that make mainstream one TCG GB/GB1?), one for PC in two versions (first one being shite) and that one simulator for DS I don't think even released outside. There is also one TCG manga (completely unrelated to any of those, happens IRL OTL) and some manga-manual which was added to TCG games I suppose, as I've seen one with GB2 characters.
Rangers released three titles, first two of which had their own Special take, and third which inspired a special in anime. Then there are also Mystery Dungeons, I have completely no idea about those, only played GBA one.
Mind you Rangers (1) have those characters like 4th Gen Elite 4 or even Red/Green/Blue? in their unused content (overworld sprites), which is probs why Special even took over ecranisation/screening (adaptation?) of it. Makes me wonder if we were supposed to visit continents from the main continents, or what? Where they supposed to visit one of those 3 Rangers continents (Fiore/Almia/Oblivia)?
>>
File: 48217485 P0.png (860 KB, 1300x700) Image search: [Google]
48217485 P0.png
860 KB, 1300x700
>>26456358
Ah yes, "Mars" symbol is often used to symbolise the man/male/boy/masculine gender/sex, whilst "Venus" the woman/girl/female/feminine one.
For the "third" hermaphroditic/androgyny (androgynous term should refer to) gender/sex is used the symbol of Mercury, as it symbolises Hermaphroditus who was Gayreek take on Adam Kadmon (the primordial proto-human "with the most of divine spark and closest to Angels" Adam and Eve later have splitted from), being off-shoot of Mercury (Hermes) and Venus (Aphrodite, rip-off of Semito-Hamitic Ishtar). Now trannies disdain even this and just combine symbol of Venus and Mars, something which looks rather hilarious and we have no idea what planet is this supposed to represents - Nemesis(Nibiru) XD?
As a byside trivia Satan (Samael) was Herald of Mars, while Lucifer (Helel) of Venus. Subtle Satanist-Luciferian propaganda? Some fundie protties would ask.

Here's more on that autasm: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_symbol#Related_LGBT_and_scientific_symbols
The third one you see combines not only Mars and Venus, but oslo Sagittarius, having it on the opposite site instead. It's unbelievable how those mentally ill freaks mourn the memory of alchemists and genuine ancient/mediaeval astrology.

It makes me ponder what sorta symbol would represents the Genderless beings, like Angels/Malachim? Hollow Sun or Earth or Full Moon even would be sufficient enough I guess, don't think trannies invented anything for their "Agender" as of yet.

Sorz for those assburgers, if you want more serious discussions I recommend you the board called Krautchan /int/. This board (4chan) is just not fitting for my intellectual needs way yoo often.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.