[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hiya! We just met, so let's all be friends! Uh, O-ok
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7
File: cRM3srF.jpg (77 KB, 960x539) Image search: [Google]
cRM3srF.jpg
77 KB, 960x539
>Hiya! We just met, so let's all be friends!
Uh, O-ok
>Sit down Anon
>I'd like you to meet Brown Slut, Fat Fuck, and Bowl Cut!
Hi there
>Ooh, nicknames are still cool right? What should we call you?
>How about A-Meister?
Anon is fine, thank you
>What about Big A?
Really, "Anon" is perfectly okay
>No fair! I want him to be called Little A!
>What do you think Anon?
I think I want nothing to do with you retarded fucks, take my starter Pokemon, and leave

Jesus, X and Y was shit
>>
File: image.jpg (9 KB, 84x178) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
9 KB, 84x178
>>26444523
Here's a (You)
>>
File: 1462917996022.jpg (56 KB, 667x667) Image search: [Google]
1462917996022.jpg
56 KB, 667x667
>>26444523
>>
>>26444528
>>26444554
Call me a newfag, but how is this bait exactly?
>>
>>26444566
If you disagree with something that means its bait.
>>
>>26444566
saying any gen sucks will usually trigger its fanboys
>>
File: mark.gif (1 MB, 460x243) Image search: [Google]
mark.gif
1 MB, 460x243
>>26444592
Right, my mistake
>>
>>26444593
even oras dickriders don't defend xy
>>
>>26444566
Because you're blatantly starting another gen war thread.

We get it; XY sucks, now fuck off.
>>
>>26444641
Not OP, but alright
>>
>>26444523
The endless dicksucking these characters did for you was ridiculous. I know Gamefreak is desperate to make these games not intimidate the player in the slightest way for fear of losing out to the mobile market, but we can't draw the line a little bit at the dialogue?
>>
Hi there trainer! I'm professor tree and welcome to your new Pokemon adventure!
Now step right over here, pick your legendary and here's your complementary champion of our region trophy.
Thanks for saving the world young outsider!
Next trainer in line please!
Hi there trainer!
>>
Op is may be a faggot, but I would like a game with less hand holding, maybe without a traditional "starter". Your parents just give you money to go into a safari zone type area and you catch your first mon there. Or someone loans you a pokemon like Norman did for Wally
>>
>>26444523
>Story has a plot and characters get development
>"This story that I've chosen to play exists and I am therefore upset"
>"Player Character is engaging in social interaction and I can't take it"
Go back under you security blanket, El Hijo del Autism, it looks as if real life is still too advanced for you.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 332x215) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 332x215
>>26445370
>XY characters get development
>Kalosperms believe this
>>
File: bait.webm (3 MB, 1075x600) Image search: [Google]
bait.webm
3 MB, 1075x600
>>26445370
>characters get development
(You)
>>
File: trick.png (23 KB, 284x279) Image search: [Google]
trick.png
23 KB, 284x279
>>26445370
>character development
>>
>>26445405
>Kalosperms
What? I'm just a competent human being who understands narratives and telling a story, and am probably much older than you.
Don't act like your not knowing how to tell a story means everything else suddenly changes definition to suit you.
The Kalos story wasn't handled great, but the story itself was really good... It just wasn't told well. The characters were pretty obvious and the plot was clear as fuck, you'd have to be a complete moron to not get it.
It was sort of rushed and condensed, which sucks, but the OP complaint is unjust and complete laughable, you fucking faglord.

>>26445415
>>26445427
>we don't know what character development is either
Thanks, boys
>>
I wish this was like SMT where fucked up shit happens to your friends

Would've been interesting if they had joined Team Flare or something
>>
>>26445431
>I-I'm definitely not an underage guys,
>Y-you just don't understand me.
Fuck off underage tryhard.
>>
>>26445431
>I'm better than you because I have no taste
>>>/t/umblr
>>
>>26445437
>We finally get to see what draws grunts in when they join a evil team.
>A big moment when they are revealed in their uniform.
>They now have added on grunt Pokemon.
>They fight alongside you after the evil team reveals its true plan and in their original clothes.
>Thanks you for never giving up on them.

Never will happen.
>>
>>26445431
Okay anon we get it, you're baiting. We're just going to keep on ranking you for that.
>>
>>26445431
>am probably much older than you

Underage b8
>>
>>26445451
>>26445457
>trying this hard to insult me because you can't argue with a factual statement
I just quickly explained that the event was part of a story, so opposing a stupid post makes me magically a child and have a tumblr account?
You guys need to get out more and maybe learn how to not be idiots on the way.

I'll feed you some more though.
The support characters in Kalos represent the potential player experiences one can have in a Pokemon game; Shauna is just having an adventure and enjoying the region, Redhair is catching 'em all, Danceman likes dancing and is only interested in getting dancing related things (casual player etc), and main rival/[serena/calem(sic?)] is someone who is playing 'competitively'.
It's really straight forward, they spell it out for you... Like, in that opening sequence... That I just explained made sense...
Not my fault you're mentally stunted.

>>26445469
>>26445477
>ironic shitposting/bait
Go back to class, Americans.
>>
>>26445493
>mixing up character development and character traits
Yeah anon, (You) totally are an expert for these things
>>
>>26445370
>>26445431
>>26445493

Wait, you're actually defending this shit?
Wow, never thought I'd see an actual mong on 4chan
>>
>>26445524
>"I don't know what I'm talking about"
>making up buzzterms
A character exists to portray an idea. That is the role of a character.
Those characters portray those ideas. Their characters within the story are mostly two-dimensional because their roles are to simply advertise player experiences and nothing more.

Your complaint is obviously "waaaaaah, the characters aren't also other characters that they were never meant to be".
That's (you) not understanding character development and it's purpose in a story.

Please learn to read, please learn not to adamantly state things you know absolutely fuck all about.

>>26445539
Get over yourself, mate.
I blatantly stated that the story was poorly handled way up there. Please pay attention before commenting.
The intentions of the development team are fine and there's nothing wrong in terms of what they were going for, it just wasn't a mind-blowing super story.
You're inventing problems based on randomly generated expectations.
>>
>>26445553
so there is no character development. Thanks for agreeing
>>
>>26445553
Black and White did "one rival being the competitive side, the other is the casual side" and still managed to have a good plot.
>>
>>26445571
Whenever Calem/Serena spoke it felt like a robot had gained the ability to train pokemon.
>>
>>26445589
"Game Theory: Are the rivals in pokemon x&y transgender robots?"
>>
>>26444523
Are you that same faggot who made that other thread shitting on X/Y rivals?
>>
>>26445571
>I can't read

>>26445588
Sort of. Black and White weren't doing a 'reinventing the franchise' deal with a graphical overhaul and the rivals theme wasn't player experiences, it was something sort of similar though - I guess.
XY is like a tech demo, almost, what with it having so few new Pokemon and introducing megas and stuff. You can tell that the team weren't going full story mode with it, they were just showing you what Pokemon is if you were new, and showing you the new Pokemon stuff if you weren't. That was the XY plot.
If they had more time/resources it could have been the epic these mouth-breathers are implying it needs to be... But it clearly wasn't intended to be an epic story, it was just a Pokemon sampler.
>>
Told them to call me Chief

Regardless yeah the scripts have been awful since TPCi took over localization
>>
>>26445588
Cheren and Bianca were not good characters. I suppose you could argue they were "better" than these four but it's really not that hard.
>>
>>26445630
yes, but ruby/sapphire and diamond/pearl managed to be decent games introduced on new consoles

plus, when I pay a full 60 dollars on a game, I expect to get a game, not a fucking tech demo.
>>
>>26445673
The game is still there, the story is just not a big story and the pokedex is smaller than usual. It's still a full game, it's just 'like' a tech demo.

Everything the game was going for is achieved.
It's a shame that Team Flare weren't given more development time so that you could be made sympathetic to what's his face, Fleur-de-Lis or whoever he is... But you never know when we might get to revisit it.

The things I find confusing about it are that there are so many unexplored areas and mysteries just completely disregarded and moves and formes and even Pokemon that we haven't gotten yet in Kalos that aren't being delivered on, really. I'm really confused about the lack of a sequel, since it's been so blatantly set up... But as a game itself, and a Pokemon game no less, it's perfectly fine.
>>
>>26445673

>3ds game
>$60
>>
>>26445630
Is it really so wrong to ask that the game to have a story that, at the very least, be the same quality as the last game?

and you can't defend them interrupting you literally every goddamn route.
>>
>>26445758
honestly I preferred the rivals interrupting you in XY because for the first half at least the game didn't actually stop you, just show the text boxes while you do whatever, it's only the second half they always stopped you but they barely appear at that point

unlike BW1's endless barrage of cutscenes
>>
>>26445758
When you consider that people have been complaining about there being stories in the games at all... Hmm..
I dunno, the story being told is great, but the telling of the story is pretty bad.
I'd prefer it Gen 1 style where the story is told by the adventure, the sort of way pro wrestling is supposed to work. I'd like the games to not spell themselves out so much... But, again, you have people who can't even understand the blatantly obvious characters in XY, so I suppose they need to have something to lead the newer, younger, lazier players through the region.
I think the major problem is that people don't understand stories and how they're told anymore because they don't read. And, as such, they just don't understand storytelling because they can't understand the nuances of a narrative. If that's the case then, no matter what, stories will get worse and worse across the board and less and less people will exist who know how to tell them in the first place... But I suppose the discussion needs to stop somewhere.

>every goddamn route
Yeah, that was irritating. I reckon that was a case of the teams not communicating properly and them having to redistribute story events because the region and whatever else didn't fit them properly. But that was awful, yeah.
Just time/resource problems again, surely. Considering the success of Pokemon, it's weird how small Game Freak are and how safe they play with their IPs.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.