[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Safari Zone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 600x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 600x432
Only Kanto and Hoenn have had decent Safari Zones.
How did Game Freak fuck up such a simple concept?
>Kanto
>the base Safari Zone, perfect
>Johto
>didn't necessarily dislike it, but the National Park is hardly fitting
>HGSS Safari Zone was some small, gimmicky shit
>Hoenn
>RSE Safari Zone is fantastic, bike-exclusive routes are annoying though
>ORAS remedies this but gets rid of paid entry, nice in its own way but kind of kills the spirit, still good though
>Sinnoh
>marsh, marshes and more fucking marshland, enjoy getting bogged down 10 times during every stay
>Pal Park is limited to one time a day, and isn't much of a Safari Zone anyway, but thought it should be mentioned
>Unova
>didn't even have one
>Kalos
>a fucking patch of grass

What do you think, /vp/?
Will SM have a good Safari Zone, or even one at all?
>>
>>26444135
Friend Safaris just being a small box of grass would be excusable if the different Types had the grass in different patterns, or something.
The first time I went into one I saw all the other boxes of grass in different patterns that I couldn't reach, and I figured different Safaris would rearrange the grass inside the box. I thought wrong. In the end, it's just supposed to be a utility route for catching HAs or rare Pokemon.
>>
Safari zones in general are bad because of the sheer luck involved, you can't guarantee shit. God forbid you find a shiny.
>>
>>26444135
Am I the only one that sees a resemblance to the 4chan logo?
>>
>>26444135
You forgot to mention that in Hoenn you can just jump on one spot with the Acro bike so your steps are not counted. Beats turning in circles on the same spot.

Also you had to beat the game to get the complete safari zone.
>>
>>26444135
The HGSS one is the most cancerous shit ever
>>
>>26444135
National Park was cool. Shame it was just the bug catching contest. A contest with all kinds of types would be great.
>>
>>26447838
Agreed.
I'd like more catching contests like that, though I'm still not entirely sure how the bug catching contest works in regards to scoring. I just know high level is typically good, but the Pokémon that get the most points seem to be random.
>>
>>26447871
It depends on level and how much health it has. So false swiping and sporing a mon to 1 HP will likely not win
>>
>>26447871
It calculates level, IVs, remaining health, and the Pokemon.
In Gen II it was pretty senseless and gave out points for odd IVs instead of good ones, but in Gen IV the grading is a lot closer to whether or not it's a good Pokemon.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.