[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So do any of you guys actually play OR/AS?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (63 KB, 399x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
63 KB, 399x500
So do any of you guys actually play OR/AS?
>>
I'm playing it right now
>>
I went back to it for sixty hours recently to do more optional content but stopped again
>>
Been playing it right now. For some reason I just like running around the place and finding stuff with the dex nav. Dunno why, but the dex nav is fun to use.
>>
>>26441539
Haven't really touched it since beating the Delta Episode except to get Event mons and then boxing them.
>>
>>26441539
I got it on release date and played it for about 2 weeks. It was pretty fun, but flawed. Haven't played it recently for anything other than collecting mystery gifts.
>>
I put it down the second I got in the Hall of Fame and have been replaying other games ever since tbH, never even tried Delta Episode
>>
>>26441654
same
>>
I just finished a Wonderlocke on AS.
>>
>>26441539
I sold Omega Ruby 2 weeks after release without beating it. I just bought Alpha Sapphire and I'm actually enjoying it.

I can't figure out what Pokes to put on my team. I only want to use Hoenn pokemon, but there's no good ones.
>>
>>26441738
Why AS over OR?
>>
>/vp/
>actually playing pokemon games
Is this bait?
>>
>>26441738
>I only want to use Hoenn pokemon, but there's no good ones.

Sounds like you have a case of shit taste
>>
>>26441745
I chuckled
>>
>>26441539

Yes. I did.
>>
>>26441743
I don't know, I just wasn't in the mood for OR back when I got it.

I'm in more of a Pokemon mood right now, so that might be why I'm liking it.
>>
>>26441539
I can't because all the new megas are on it so I have all my battling pokes. I replay the older games. When the new game comes out I'll move everything up and start over again.
>>
Me
>>
>>26441539
Can't find my 3DS. Haven't seen it since November.
>>
OP's image reminded me of that old game Skyroads. Anybody else play that game? It was soul-crushingly hard but fun.
>>
I'm about to borrow my friend's 3DS and OR for a week and a half.

I have never played on a 3DS before. He's a good guy but he doesn't talk much, so can you guys tell me if I should be getting hyped? I loved Hoenn and am looking forward to journeying through it again, but I've also been visiting /vp/ and word around here is that it's not that great.

Is it really as bad as people say?
>>
>>26441539
I played 3 hours. I like designs choices, but the alternate timeline and megas killed it to me.
>>
>>26441539
Played it for a couple hours in November, went back to ACNL for 400 hours.

And then I developed Balltism and haven't stopped playing since. Poor SMG is picking up dust.
>>
Finished Delta episode and stopped playing it. Liked original more.
>>
Nah, traded in AS after beating delta episode.

Still breeding and playing on X/Y though.
>>
>>26441539
just trained and bred a few pokes for the Johto tourney
>>
>>26444773
You'll have loads of fun.
The problem is the postgame and some other nitpicky details. If you're looking forward to Hoenn and the general adventure feel of a Pokemon game, then you can definitely be hype.
>>
>>26441539
Beyond picking up Mystery Gifts, not really.
>>
>>26441539
Why would I when Emerald is better?
>>
I'm playing it right now, actually.

This is my third fucking time trying to force myself to finish this shitty game. And let me tell you. I have no idea what changed, but I'm having a great time.

Maybe I lowered my expectations enough. Maybe the hype I had is finally dead and I can appreciate what's here. But I'm loving them for what they are. They still aren't amazing, but they're not offensively bad. It's still a Pokemon game.
>>
>>26446179
or maybe you just stopped looking out the negative points which never existed in a first place
>>
>>26441539
I'm playing it right now actually. I'm mainly just breeding for stronger regular pokemon as well as a few shiny pokemon.
>>
>>26441539
No, because it's where I keep all my colection.

Playing Y and White2 tho.
>>
>>26446232
>not keeping it in bank for free battle points
>>
>>26446187
Well, no. There are some legitimate negative points. I'm tired of most every trainer having max 2 Pokemon, Steven shoving legendaries and Megastones into my face all the time is unfortunate, Soaring is kind of disappointing (but I love the new Fly mechanics, so don't get me wrong there), and the story is somehow even worse now than it was before, and R/S have always had a pretty messy plot. I'm still pissed that there's no Battle Frontier.

But I am looking for the good in the games, and handwaving a lot of the bad shit. Most of it is mild, so why let it ruin it for me? The problems are still there, but fuck it, I'm having fun.
>>
>>26441539
I'm soft resetting for a shiny Reshiram, that's it
>>
>>26446253
>the story is somehow even worse now than it was before
but that's wrong, they finally made something coherent out of the mess RS plot was, and teams now are less pathetic
>handwaving a lot of the bad shit. Most of it is mild, so why let it ruin it for me?
i wish more people did this, what is the point complaining about things you don't even have to use
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.