[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you think they decided not to do X and Y followups?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: latest[1].png (1 MB, 1280x916) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1 MB, 1280x916
Even if they weren't going to go all out like BW2. I'll be the first to admit that X and Y were my least favorite games, but that's exactly why I wanna see a sequel. The Kalos region still has potential. The legendaries are Life/Death/Balance. . . Surely they could do something cool with that?
>>
More to shill ten years later in remakes. :^)
>>
Wasnt black white life and death?
>>
>>26437499
The simple answer is ORAS.

BW2 were never planned, Nintendo made them release those games.

Hell, Ruby and Sapphire were forced by Nintendo after Tajiri stepped down as director.

>Surely they could do something cool with that?

Just as they could do something cool with the original dragon. There are lots of cool, untapped concepts. Cool concepts are not what solely drives game development.
>>
>>26437517
Technically they were truth and ideals. Don't know if Kyurem necessarily represents anything. I don't think Zygarde is "balance" either. If things get fucked up he comes and fixes it but so does Rayquaza so.
>>
>>26437499
Gen 6 was just the beta test for Gen 7
>>
>>26437517
No, the theme of BW was truth vs ideals. Which also lends itself to the concept of ambiguity -- of a 'grey' -- since ideals are subjective, and there is no 'truth'.
>>
>>26437536
Yin, yang, and wuji, the absence of both yin and yang
>>
Because they realized doing a Z version would be fucking boring and people prefer games with new pokemon
>>
>>26437552
Unless it's been said specifically I doubt this. It just fits looks wise.
>>
More sales if they skipped right to the next generation
>>
>>26437536
>I don't think Zygarde is "balance" either.

It literally is.

That's how it's sold by the anime, and the TCG.

Its classification is the "Order Pokemon".
>>
>>26437536
>>26437548
Y'all niggas find meaning in a children game?
>Itt:virgins
>>
>>26437608
>being intentionally obtuse to seem cool

wew lad is it summer already?
>>
>>26437629
>not realizing I used the game's own theme and moral to make you reply for that (You).
Dumb and a virgin? I feel for you really.
>>
>>26437572
It wasn't said anywhere, but there's some really nice pottery when you consider some of the themes in BW. You have Opelucid city being rustic in White and futuristic in Black, and White Forest and Black City. Reshiram's fire and Zekrom's electricity can represent two distinct energy sources, classic vs modern. And then you have Kyurem, the empty Ice type husk, when cold is the absence of energy.

There's a shit-ton of symbolsism in there and I'm probably doing a bad job of explaining, but hopefully you see what I mean.
>>
File: 1448644938716.png (101 KB, 385x223) Image search: [Google]
1448644938716.png
101 KB, 385x223
>>26437499
Third versions always sell like shit , making a new gen with new pokemon is more profitable to them
>>
>>26437649
>I used the game's own theme and moral to make you reply for that

I like how you're going back to the "I-I was just joking" excuse.

But assuming you were actually attempting that, you fell flat on your face. If you want to make a funny, you yourself have to have a sense of humour.

Just a tip. A thoroughly wet tip.
>>
>>26437657
I mean, no one is saying they don't represent opposites, but I don't think that means they're yin and yang. Truth and ideals are opposites.
>>
>>26437534
Do you have a source?
>>
>>26437769
Source: their ass.
>>
>>26437769
>>26437852

These things are apparent, if you were to pay attention. If you expect to be spoon-fed exact details about private corporate contracts, you'll be waiting for a lifetime.

Tajiri has aspergers. He spoke to Time magazine about how he worked on games - in an unorthodox, physically draining manner, staying up for days at a time.

Nintendo has a large stake in the Pokemon franchise. They oversee merchandising, publishing of the games, and aide in IP management. They can't sign off on third party use, such as Smash Bros., but they aren't the helpless party many posit they are.

Tajiri didn't step down from Pokemon due to a lack of passion - his passion was clear - in his games, in his publication, and in his work ethic. Pokemon 2 (later, Gold & Silver) was delayed twice. This was largely due to Tajiri's obsessive nature.

To keep the series going at a good pace, Tajiri stepped down. We'll likely never know why - if Masuda pitched them RS, if Tajiri's health became a concern, or if they simply didn't want to be beholden to Tajiri's mad scientist behaviour.

Either way, Masuda is a better face for the company. He doesn't hide in the shadows.

Moreover, we know Ruby and Sapphire were Masuda's baby. They're based on his vacation home, and it's safe to say that's not a project that wouldn't started under Tajiri.

As for BW2, nobody told us "Nintendo made us do these" - that'd be absurd, to shoot themselves in the foot like that, and would mark the game as a cashgrab. It's clear, based on Game Freak being the first to get the 3DS dev kit, that they didn't intend to do BW2.

This is further explained by the BW2 collector's guide. They explain that, while BW felt complete, they needed to get out a game for 2012, so they made a sequel for the console that had the ;larger install base - the DS. There was never a plan to do a third, or a proper sequel.

Reminder that Yellow only came about because of Gold/Silver delays.
>>
Because they knew X and Y were commercial failures and getting as far away from them as possible - i.e., making a new gen completely, was the best course of action
>>
>>26438062
>commercial failures

If you want to say "I don't like this", that's fine.

But when you go and bring in objective metrics, like sales, you make yourself look like a fool.

XY were commercially successful. That's not up for debate.
>>
>>26438056
So basically >>26437852

>It's clear, based on Game Freak being the first to get the 3DS dev kit, that they didn't intend to do BW2.
If Nintendo was forcing them to do anything they would have released a Pokemon game for the 3DS sooner.
>>
>>26438129
>If Nintendo was forcing them to do anything they would have released a Pokemon game for the 3DS sooner.

You must have missed that part about the install base.

Gamefreak, when they launched Pokedex 3D Pro, explicitly said they were trying to bring over the DS install base to 3DS, and get them to play the Gen 5 games on 3DS.

>So basically >>26437852

There are no fucking sources, you idiot. Not every bit of history has wikipedia approved resources you can look to.

Any sources I might provide would still require you to think, and clearly, you don't want to do that.

Skepticism isn't saying "that's wrong".
>>
>>26438161
>explicitly said they were trying to bring over the DS install base to 3DS, and get them to play the Gen 5 games on 3DS.
So fucking what? You said Nintendo was forcing them, but they released a game for a dying console even though the 3DS desperately needed some games.

>There are no fucking sources, you idiot. Not every bit of history has wikipedia approved resources you can look to.
Which basically means you can come up with whatever bullshit you want.
>>
File: 41.jpg (29 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
29 KB, 400x240
ORAS was X/Y's followup. They go out of their way to tell you Hoenn and Kalos are connected throughout the game.
>>
>>26438056
So...source is just your interpretation. Meaning it's not actually proven.

X and Y took 3.5 years to make (according to Masuda's blog) and was released in 2013, a year after BW2. Meaning, they were given a dev kit while still working on bw2 in order to start developing XY. There's nothing that indicates they didn't want to make a third installment/sequels.

It's more likely GS was delayed to be compatible with the GB Color rather than Tajiri's health. Also, what about stepping down? He's the goddamn CEO. He doesn't develop games because he's running a company.

You're looking deep into things that don't exist.
>>
>>26437674
Why does that matter? They already have all the assets and just need to reorganize/add a few details. It can sell like shit and still make a ridiculous profit due to how little they have to invest in the third version.
>>
>>26437758
The Japanese species names for Zekrom and Reshiram are literally "Black Yin" and "White Yang".
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.