[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a Sage Sunday this week?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7
File: Map-Schematic.png (464 KB, 2104x1392) Image search: [Google]
Map-Schematic.png
464 KB, 2104x1392
I kinda miss those. I think they were good at showing progress and at getting the devs to keep making progress. (Plus, I've wanted to join but don't know how)
>>
>>26434123
Oh yes please
>>
That map looks fun, I hope they finish it one day.
>>
>>26434123
The last one was at least a few weeks ago, I saw some updates on the team bosses or something? I wonder how they're doing with that?
>>
There was a pretty lengthy Sage thread yesterday. I doubt they would post another thread right after.
Someone posted the Erion admin designs again and the shitposters went all out.
>>
>>26437446
Wait shit, I meant Eronze admin.
>>
>>26437446

To be fair the new Eronze Admin design sucks.

Not for the reasons the shitposters shitposted about though.
>>
>>26436341
Already shown last thread. No new bosses confirmed.
>>
Sage is pretty much dead guys. Just let it go already
>>
>>26438102
Is that really so? I regret not putting more interest into seeing how it was doing for all this time. It's a great community project and I fail to understand how people on /vp/ shit on it so much. Isn't it fun and prideful to come together and create something? /co/ is my homeboard and it's nothing but failed projects and idea guys. I was hoping /vp/ would come through with a beta of the game at least.
>>
>>26438102
Sage is very alive, the problem is the team have lives and you have to balance education/work with your hobby.

They're moving faster work wise these days then they did in the past, it's more alive than ever.
>>
>>26438102
That's funny the new, unreleased, demo works fine for me.
Dunno what the problem is on your end.
Buuuuuuuuuuuddy.
>>
>>26438878
The new unreleased demo has two dozen plus pages of bugs and is content starved.
>>
>>26438932
Yes but it does work.
>>
We confirmed the admin. Not going to tell you which one won though.
>>
>>26438932
Content starved? Fucking euros ruined this game
>>
actually, paw hasn't done anything for one and a half weeks. Not really the fault of any content producers.
>>
>>26441455
You guys haven't done anything since you left and only released some faffing demo and you mean to tell me that there's a twelve piece bug page that hasn't been cracked yet by one of the two unfortunate people you slave as programmers, and that it's the fault of the programmers when the rest of the project has the determination of a sloth in a coma and probably hasnt even bothered playtesting?
>>
>>26438682
It's technically no longer ours the moment they moved offsite.

The weekly feedback threads makes it hurt less, but before that there were no threads whatsoever and we're basically left out in the cold
>>
I really just want to know what the fuck is going on with the game. I don't care if they reviewed two routes for hidden items and tweaked a move's BP, just let me know that SOMETHING is going on.
>>
>>26442271
the problem i have is that all involved with the project essentially disappeared and there's not much of a way to communicate with them.

The project also definitely needs a pick-me-up of some fashion because progress is really slowing, probably due to fatigue and the small size of the team.
>>
>>26443450
>>26442271
Considering all of the dev team still uses /vp/, threads like these are a great way to communicate with us
>>
>>26443133
Feedback review from 1.5/1.5,1's feedback and bug surveys are going on.

One of the ET admin's designs got voted in a week or two ago
>>
>>26443556
when does the 4 gym demo get released my dude
>>
>>26443595
Demo being worked on goes to gym 3, not 4, and will be released SOON^TM

We can't give out dates or deadlines because we always miss them, but almost all the actually content generation for it is done, there's really just polish, bugtesting, wrapping up gyms, doing trainer names, etc, that sort of thing
>>
>>26443637
are trainer names and stuff just surveyed a couple times or something?
>>
>>26441761
>Hasn't even bothered playtesting
How do you think the bug reports were even generated?
>>
>>26441322
I will
It was the sidecut hairstyle one.
I'm sorry.
>>
>>26441761
Hue
You should try letting your fingers use your keyboard to type with instead of your ass cheeks friend.
>>
>>26442271
Fuck you, it isn't. If you had anything to contribute you would have joined us already in the last few years. It's not like there isn't an open invitation. You just want something to bitch about, just like when it was developed in-thread.

Sorry, faggot. We have enough contrarian "idea guys."
>>
>>26444027
I'm not. That one gives me a boner.
>>
>>26443678
Pretty much yeah, but obviously minor stuff like trainer names/dialog is less formal then a full survey and is more just like "hey is this good" and everybody chimes in
>>
>>26444182
Curiosity compels me to ask: I assume the skype information to join in on the development is on the wiki or something somewhere?
>>
>>26444343
It's given out when asked for.
>>
>>26444356
Alright, just wondering. It occurred to me I wouldn't even know where to find it if I had anything to contribute. Thanks.
>>
>>26444182
Eh, I just happen to like staying anon when contributing (or at least trying to contribute).
Surprising, I know.

And on that matter, I drew stuff for Sage in the past
>>
>>26443637
Hey, I was just wondering when-ish you expect the full game to be out? I mean is it 6 months of work between each gym or is the work flow less linear than that?
Also are there any roles you're actively looking for at the moment?
>>
>>26445025
Its pretty non linear. The gap between gyms 1 and 2 is large and the area around gym 2 is quite plot heavy. The gap between 2 and 3 is quite small. The game I actually ready to be implemented up to dronia. The city is so large, its taken 3 dialogue meetings so far when one meeting normally does a whole route or town.
>>
>>26445234
Hey man i was wondering where i can get hold of the game files so i can try to help contribute. I've got experience coding from my research and have played around with rpgmxp before. I wanted to play around with pokemon essentials before i try to add something to the project though, because i hear it's a bit complicated.
>>
>>26445523
>Hey man i was wondering where i can get hold of the game files so i can try to help contribute.
That's not really how it works.
>>
>>26445801
please outline how it does, i don't really mind if there's some circuitous way i have to go about helping, i just didn't want to accidentally overlap with someone else in what i was working on. is there a way for me at least get hold of you guys' tilesets and such?
>>
>>26446556
Game files generally stay with the programmers because moving stuff around between devs with rpgxp is a major hassle - you can't really have more than 1 person working on it at a time, and the work already being done by someone in RPGXP doesn't speed up the implementation time by the main programmers at all.
>>
This map is literally Sinnoh
>>
>>26447073
jesus christ how horrifying. at least you gave me a window into why this game is taking forever. how do people contribute who aren't the one programmer working on the game at the time?
>>
>>26447142
by making it so programmers can do the least amount of work possible. things are prepared as best as possible in a game ready format, and we discuss things with them to make sure it's more streamlined.

there's other major issues. every time pokemon essentials gets an update, you can't just apply the update. you have to go, take the update, and then apply every single change you ever made to the base copy to it, then try and bugtest that. it's made a little easier by being able to comment on where you made changes for faster copypasting, but it's a hassle that comes with the usually good improvements and bug fixes that the essentials patches provide.
>>
>>26447180
could someone just map an area and write out all the scripts so they can be copypasted?
>>
>>26447201
yeah, but that gets to pretty marginal decreases in dev time - most of the events, like trainers and the entrance/exit map ties for instanced areas, are just copypastes anyways.
>>
>>26447238
k, i see. from what i've seen of the game its super big and ambitious, so i can understand why laying out all the events and random encounters is super demanding. how much of the game do you have locked down when it comes to planning?
>>
>>26447261
> how much of the game do you have locked down when it comes to planning?
Roughly 35-40% of the main game.

Basically what's going to release in 2.0.
>>
>>26447261
everything's ready to be implemented by the programmers up to dronia.
dronia itself should have most of the exterior stuff done relatively soon, and the minor interiors also. major interiors - the museum and gym - are still in the works with mapping fully. the tilesets are ready but maps have been on naptime ever since all the exteriors got done.

it'd an odd set of gears - non programmers doing stuff faster seems like it'd speed up the programmers, but they're just regular people doing this in their free time, so it doesn't.
it gives an odd mix in atmosphere - "we want to get demo 2.0 out as soon as possible, it's been a fucking year and a half since we wanted to" vs "as long as the programmers are behind we should slow down and focus on quality"

hope that answers your questions with a bit more insight.
>>
>>26447324
>>26447288
i was just interested in helping since i was going to neet it up until i go to grad school this fall, but it seems like i'm not going to be able to directly add much
>>
>>26447359
depends on what you know. if you've got interest in javascript there's always the showdown server that's got kinks to work out. bigro, the literal only guy who programs for it, has been rather busy lately and hasn't been able to fix it to his liking.
>>
>>26447374
i'm gonna have to check it out, and also do some research since my main coding experience is in r.
>>
>>26437903
Its not as good as the long hair guy, but its better than the beard guy. It will probably take the guys a few attempts to get it to look good in the pokemon style.
>>26443450
from what little I know about the devs from back when they're probably getting ravaged by exams right now.
>>26443637
You guys probably have a checklist of how many things you have left till the demo's done right? Is it mostly interior maps, dialogue and bugfixing left?
>>
>>26447482
>Is it mostly interior maps
Btw, only interior maps that need to be done now are the warehouse, both gyms, the train station, the Dronia Pokecentre and the 4 or so houses of Andante.
>>
>>26447498
Wow, that's further ahead than I thought, and the pokecenter can probably be spat out pretty quickly too. The gyms will probably take more time than the rest of those combined with how much discussion they'd have to have.
Is the game still using the stock rpgmaker sound effects for attacks and such or has someone dedicated themselves to making new ones? I'm busy right now, but maybe in a few weeks I'll hit up the skypechat and try my hand at learning to make some if you guys don't have them covered.
>>
>>26447666
yeah, sound effects have been stock. most sound effect stuff doesn't have any person really working on it - we only have one or two people doing cries, for example.

gyms have pretty good sample layouts as is, and the tileset for dronia gym is gorgeous.
>>
File: gust.gif (72 KB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
gust.gif
72 KB, 294x233
>>26447666
>Is the game still using the stock rpgmaker sound effects for attacks and such or has someone dedicated themselves to making new ones?
some here and there. There's been new move animations made recently and all of them have had new sfx but nobody but me has heard them because it's too much effort to record and upload a video desu.
>>
File: cast_iron.jpg (42 KB, 700x198) Image search: [Google]
cast_iron.jpg
42 KB, 700x198
>>26447706
>and the tileset for dronia gym is gorgeous.
Post please. Iron refineries are fucking rad
>>
>>26444993
You can make throwaway accounts and names. most of the skype group already has. You're making excuses for being a shitposter.
>>
File: 1462167601889.png (216 KB, 1600x1040) Image search: [Google]
1462167601889.png
216 KB, 1600x1040
>>26448535
>>
>>26449036
I love it
>>
File: 1462167641110.gif (91 KB, 480x448) Image search: [Google]
1462167641110.gif
91 KB, 480x448
>>26450075
>>
>>26450096
Im turned on right now
>>
>>26450096

They stay in the pouring animation when activated right? Just checking.
>>
>>26449036
>>26450096
Fucking glorious. Is it possible to add some cool lighting effects or is that a bit too much?
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 570x831) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 570x831
>>26450096
How many times can they pour before the crucibles empty?
>>
>>26450750
Forever. Its pokemon
>>
Having effectively two Sage Sundays makes this a decent week for info on the game. I feel like it's been a month since the last one.
>>
>>26451851
The board's sort of been preoccupied with other concerns. Though I hadn't seen one for a bit before then too, I think.
>>
>>26451851
It'd be nice for more info of course.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.