[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>play SoulSilver >compare weight & height to a Dratini
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
>play SoulSilver
>compare weight & height to a Dratini
>player height is 4'11"
>no idea what the fuck this means, convert to non-obese units, 149 cm
>literally 1.45m height
>mfw
>>
The player character in most of the games is eleven or ten years old. BW games and XY they're more like fifteen or sixteen though.
>>
>>26433004
you're playing a children's game
you play a child
children are short
>>
>>26433033
I preferred the times when the character was so pixelated you could literally identify you'reself with it no matter if you were 10 (as I really was when I played Silver) or 25 (when I'm playing SoulSilver now).

Not to make a shitthread, why the fuck are there McUnits in European English version?
And what's with 5/25/2016 dates? wtf is 25 month? or are these reversed or something
>>
>>26433048
For the dates, while most the rest of the world does it in the way of Day/Month/Year, like how you would say "it's the 22nd of May, 2016", Americans do it as Month/Day/Year, like how you say "it's May 22nd, 2016".

As to why there are US standards in the EU version, I dunno.
>>
>>26433048
are you really so deluded that you think game freak is going to help a non target demographic to identify with the main character? not that it fucking matters, it's literally height
you are never going to be the exact same height as your character even in games you're SUPPOSED to identify with your character because no game dev gives enough of an autistic shit to program the game around standard units of height measurement
like seriously

also again why do you give a shit, half the heights and/or weights of literally every pokemon are stupid as fuck anyway

also it's may 22nd, not may 25th? but yeah american dates are shit
>>
>>26433004
actually you'll find that it's 1.49m
>>
>>26433087
wew lad relax, this is a pointless complaining thread, don't get angry or something
>non target demographic
This should change
>but yeah american dates are shit
I don't care, the issue is imperial units are used only in the US out of all relevant countries, I have no idea why in English version in Europe it's not metres or pounds

As a kid I used to play this in Spanish (not a Spaniard btw) so I never got used to imperial units in my Pokemon games, they look weird
>>
>>26433123
i guess the localisation team never gave a shit, or perhaps the spanish version is also the latin american version?
>>
>>26433133
Could be, no way for me to check it. I played it without knowing any Spanish, it was like playing Japanese except I could pronounce words since Spanish is easy as shit to pronounce, maybe except the th-sounds.

I wonder if this will ever change, in XY/ORAS I think height still is in McMetres instead of metres
>>
>>26433146
"i played it without knowing any spanish"
what

also the only hard part about pronouncing japanese is learning to read it, not to get off topic
>>
>>26433197
Yeah, but I was literally 10 years old in 2001, I didn't know how to read Japanese back then. I still don't, I only somewhat learned katakana.

My family are all fans of Spanish, so I got the Spanish version of silver as a kid. I didn't know it back then and I still don't, except the words that I learned from playing Pokemon.
>>
>>26433048
If you're exclusively talking about the English version, in England we actually do use the imperial system to some extent, along with the metric system. Our speed limits are measured in miles per hour and we do actually use ft & inches for height. For other European versions, I don't fucking know
>>
File: 1383798122232.jpg (74 KB, 511x428) Image search: [Google]
1383798122232.jpg
74 KB, 511x428
>>26433123
>non target demographic
>This should change
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.