[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else wanted Sycamore as the Kalos champion? Diantha a shit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9
File: diantha.png (141 KB, 342x374) Image search: [Google]
diantha.png
141 KB, 342x374
Anyone else wanted Sycamore as the Kalos champion? Diantha a shit.
>>
>>26431260
I only give a shit about Diantha because I'm a Gardefag.

Though, she would have been a pretty good character if she had a bigger role other than being the champion.
>>
A professor as the champion would be hella interesting and awesome, especially if it just came in out of nowhere. They missed a perfect oppurtunity with Sycamore.
>>
>>26431260
Yes.
Another reason X and Y are shit.
What more do you want?
>>
Please kill yourself you faggot. All Sycamore was was Tumblr fuel.
>>
>>26431260
Diantha is cute. CUTE!
>>
>>26431292
Everything is tumblr fuel.
>>
>>26431290

I felt like they were hinting at it in my first XY playthrough tbqh
>>
>>26431260
I feel like Diantha was their attempt to replicate Cynthia, but failed miserably because she is both more bland and of course FAR less attractive.
>>
>>26431260
Nah. Diantha is perfect in her own.
>>
>>26431463
Its not Diantha's problem but XY's problem where many characters including Diantha just dont get shit for development.

Diantha is pretty awesome in the manga and anime where she actually cares about the region, fights Flare and helps the protags
>>
>>26431463
Doesn't help that she was super easy as well. My team was 5 levels higher than her and I dominated her with that fucking Lucario they gave on my first playthrough
>>
>>26431535
>My team was 5 levels higher than her and I dominated her with that fucking Lucario they gave on my first playthrough
Someone was using the exp share....
>>
>>26431546
It was my first playthrough the week it launched give me a break
>>
>>26431528
Well the manga/anime don't really count for much there. I mean really, Cynthia's popularity spawned from 1) being the first female champion, 2) being rather difficult for some people and 3) being hot. Diantha didn't really accomplish any of those things.
>>
>>26431554
Then stop complaining that because you've made a pretty easy game even easier all by yourself.

I can get you didnt noticed at first but once you saw your levels are getting higher than the in game NPCs you could've easily turn it off
>>
>>26431568
Yes but again: this not Diantha's fault, its XYs issue and it goes for almost every character from XY maybe excluding Sycamore and Lysandre. Everyone else was treated like shit. Think about Malva: first Elite 4 member to be part of th evil team and what? Nothing. Malva didnt do anything
>>
>>26431597
Korrina kind of did stuff, even if it did mostly revolve around shilling Lucario.
>>
File: -.png (566 KB, 700x988) Image search: [Google]
-.png
566 KB, 700x988
>>26431463
>FAR less attractive.

She's literally the most beautiful pokegirl.
>>
File: 1352910039113.png (385 KB, 368x447) Image search: [Google]
1352910039113.png
385 KB, 368x447
>>26431622
>Diantha
>most beautiful pokegirl
Oh wow
>>
>>26431620
Its true that Korrina kinda stands out but at the same time its still not much.
>>
>>26431632
shit taste t b h
>>
>>26431260
I'd have been very ok with this. Diantha was so damn boring and non existent in XY.

I may give Alder shit for his theme and pokemon but atlease he was around doing shit.
>>
>>26431260
>Lysandre is the champion
>Diantha is the head of Team Flare
Post yfw.
>>
>>26431260
I feel we will see Diantha in Alola. Big star going on vacation into a tropical islands sound very likely
>>
>>26431680
Having a woman being the leader of a team would be something. We've had them be admins but never leaders.
>>
>>26431705
Hell no. Shove in cynthia(again), iris, alder, or N before her.
>>
>>26431721
Maybe the Alola Team leader will be a woman? I don't feel like the champion will be a woman this time so it's possible.

>>26431727
>iris
Plz no. She's ugly and forced as shit. Would rather see Steven researching new mega stones there.
>>
File: pETJEKy.jpg (197 KB, 942x590) Image search: [Google]
pETJEKy.jpg
197 KB, 942x590
>>26431727
Her champion room is full of the flowers drawings that look like the Hawaiian flowers, speically from the sunmoon trailer.

Also the circle in the middle looks like a moon within a sun
>>
>>26431751
>ugly and forced
Not to me but whateves agree to disagree. Throw in Wallace doing some fashion shit or something for the hell of it.
>>
>>26431768
>inserted into the anime instead of Hilda
>champion in BW2 instead of the character from the first game
>not forced
>>
>>26431751

True. The last couple of gens have had female champions with the exception of Alder

Though I wonder what the team will be up to this time. Possibly like team magma/aqua but with controlling the sun/moon so they can make the respective time last longer. Don't think we'll get two teams again but that might be cool.
>>
>>26431762
Huh.....I will admit I never noticed the outer rim of that stained glass is showing all the pokemon types.
>>
>>26431832

It's a neat little touch
>>
>>26431260
My biggest issue with Diantha is that her hair reminds me of an old lady
>>
I don't mind Diantha but she gets like zero screentime, the first time you meet her she clashes directly with some of Lysandre's philosophy which is pretty nice but then you see her off hand one more time in Coumarine where she just says she wants to battle you someday and then never again until the end, whether it's just seeing her about more, or if she gets involved in the Flare plot, or whatever. Nothing.

Really XY's main problem with its characters is wasted potential, I actually find most of the characters likable in the first place, but they never develop or get any depth other than Lysandre and those involved in Looker Bureau, but mostly Emma there. The closest is Serena/Calem have some depth on an analytical level, and if you find Trevor's unmarked house in Lumiose you find out the whole reason he wanted to adventure was his parents abandoned him and his sister to be with their Pokemon instead, but they never do anything good with that like maybe have something where what he really wants to do is eventually leave the region and search the world for his parents, or even just spend time showing he wants to try to understand why they would abandon their children in his own way by going on an adventure with Pokemon himself.

Really the handling of Trevor bothers me the most of all the characters. You can't even lose the "Pokedex Battles" with him after the first.
>>
Oh and Diantha's team was shit

Literally every member of the E4 gave me more trouble even though they were monotype and only had four Pokemon, especially Siebold

'Least her Hawlucha had Poison coverage to take out Fairies
>>
>>26432017

The Kalos dex was strange in how it was divided into 3 different sections for whatever reason. It was kind of messy to look through. And how just seeing a mon instead of catching/evolving them counted for the Kalos dex but not the national dex.

I kind of wish we could just get the national dex straight away in new pokemon games but I doubt that'll ever happen
>>
>>26431260
No, because he would still be too easy.
Even as a champ, he's not really dedicated towards his work. He's more dedicated to both forms of ass more than anything.
>>
>>26431260
I kinda want the main villain to turn out to be the champion, and it's not known the Elite Four, and possibly even the Gym Leaders, are working as his admins until you get to him.
>>
>>26431260
I'm of the idea that she looks like an asian transexual.
>>
>>26432895
desu i think Cynthia looks like a tranny aswell
>>
>>26432914
Cynthia not sure, but Diantha always gave me that look from the very beginning.
>>
File: 1463048223091(1).gif (1002 KB, 350x196) Image search: [Google]
1463048223091(1).gif
1002 KB, 350x196
Sauce for this?
>>
>>26431260
Her team still makes no sense to me outside of Garde/Pump
>>
>>26431260
I wasn't sure if she was a girl or a cross dresser the fist time I played through Y.
>>
File: CDC.jpg (59 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
CDC.jpg
59 KB, 1280x720
>>26431260
Never forget
>>
>>26433461
Graceful she isn't, but she's a sweetheart so it's all good.
>>
>>26431762
Pretty sure the middle is a pokeball
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (112 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
112 KB, 1920x1080
Diantha is too pure for plebeians like us. Cynthia is slutty enough to actually be desirable.
>>
>>26431576
>a pretty easy game even easier all by yourself.
Why are you blaming the player? It's game freak fault for not balancing their shit game properly.
>>
>>26437590
It's a game marketed towards children, so it's going to have a difficulty appropriate for children. But they leave us with options to make it harder on ourselves.
>>
>>26431260
I agree. She would have fucking lost to Ash and his memefrog if Ash didn't faint himself ffs.
>>
>>26431463
Audrey Hepburn > Generic Blonde
>>
>>26431312
I saw more connections to him being associated with Flare, you know with his close friendship with Lysandre, and the those damn socks.
>>
>>26431260
I want Lysandre as kalos champ, literally a wasted opportunity
>>
Those eyebrows are disgusting.
>>
>>26438407
I never got the appeal of drawn eyebrows. Always thought eyebrows could make some women have a very distinct look. I mean trimming, I can get to some degree but shaving the whole thing off and making fake ones is usually the crap nightmares are made out of.

Unibrows are terrible, let's just agree on that
>>
>>26433551
yes, let's never forget when diantha told her gardevoir to just use shadowball
>>
File: 1455647074982.png (628 KB, 1446x2001) Image search: [Google]
1455647074982.png
628 KB, 1446x2001
Shame GF screwed her over, lost potential
>>
>>26438088
>Audrey Hepburn
This is why I love Diantha. I don't even feel she was any less irrelevant to the story than Cynthia, Alder, or Steven, and definitely moreso than Lance.
>>
>>26443594
Steven and Cynthia were relevant as fuck to their games.
>>
>>26443610
Not really. Steven definitely wasn't. Cynthia was sort of important in Platinum but it was mostly the distortion world scenario and not much else. Cynthia may have had more random appearances than the other two but they weren't really that important to the story.
>>
>>26443619
>Steven definitely wasn't
>definitely
Literally more relevant than Cynthia. It's like you never played these games.
>>
>>26443635
It's been a long time since I played Emerald but I don't remember Steven doing anything of relevance. He talks about stuff in the cave on Dewford and I vaguely remember something in Sootopolis but iirc Wallace takes over there.
>>
>>26443653
Yeah I just looked it up... Only other thing of relevance is he gives you the Devon scope which isn't really that important plot wise and you battle with him at Mossdeep as far as I can see. I didn't even remember Mossdeep.
>>
I want a less than honorable Champion. One who is smug of their power.
>>
>>26443908
This. Corrupt pokemon league with Champion as main villain when?
>>
>>26443921
He's working with or supports the evil team of the region. He shows up in scenes with them, but the champion reveal isn't until later. You know he's dangerous, but he puts on a cheerful and plucky face for the cameras. Then as soon as they are gone he tells you how pathetic you are and how you'll never reach his level.
>>
>>26443921
Unfortunately, Ghetsis is the closest we'll ever come to that I think. That or Evice from the Colosseum games.
>>
>>26431622
she looks like a dyke
>>
>>26443921
That'd make for a pretty compelling story
>>
>>26443921
I'd like it where the Pokemon League and the regional "Silph" are one and the same, while also being corrupt.
>>
Diantha is literally best pokegirl
>>
>>26443908
So, Blue/Green/Gary/Whatever?
>>
File: 1436131386846.png (226 KB, 326x372) Image search: [Google]
1436131386846.png
226 KB, 326x372
Given her name, I figured she'd have more to do with Diancie.
>DIANtha
>DIANcie

And Diantha's hair sort of resembles Diancie's crystal structures. I just knew that Diantha was going to be related to Diancie, somehow.

But she only appeared briefly in the Diancie movie, and has had nothing to do with Diancie in the anime. Not to mention that her Japanese name is Carnet, which has nothing to do with Diancie, really. It looks like her name was just a weird coincidence on the part of the localization team. Also Diantha was the worst Champion ever. Her team was so easy to beat, I don't even remember the fight. It was over just like that. Maybe in XY it was too easy to level up your mons, but beating her was child's play.

tl;dr Diantha got my hopes up for nothing in terms of Pokelore and she's a shit battler. Diantha a shit. Dianthafags a shit.
>>
>>26443921
That was pretty much N's/Ghetis's plan
>>
I just want to see the protagonist's mother as the champion one time,it seems like a fun idea
>>
why is her vagina fat
>>
>>26443959
Her hair is designed after one of the most beautiful women to ever exist. Eat shit
>>
>>26446269
Small vagina.
>>
>>26446477
.wasting dubs on a shit taste
>>
>>26446620
I will end your life
>>
Champion should've been the fire E4 member that had connections to Flare
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.