[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one /vp/ who doesn't care about IVs, abilities,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Am I the only one /vp/ who doesn't care about IVs, abilities, and natures? I just pick whatever Pokemon I want to use for my team and go with it.

Pic unrelated.
>>
>>26428346
That filename always make me laugh
>>
I purposely look up every Pokemon I'm considering catching in a run to make sure they're UU or below so I can be a hipster
>>
>>26428346
Yes, we usually have to worry about those things to make our favorite mons look good in battle and not be completely humiliated.
>>
>>26428346
if your playing for fun, this is fine, use whatever suits you bro

competitively..... good luck out there champ
>>
>>26428346
Nah, you're just a casual who probably doesn't battle online or with friends. Or you do battle with friends who are just as casual.

The main game is faceroll easy so you don't have to care about that stuff
>>
Ability is just as important as typing.

Unless you're throwing team building entirely out the window, it's silly to ignore it.
>>
>>26428346
Yes you're the only one anon you're a special snowflake, please tell me wheres the subscribe button so I can hear more about how you're totally unique and special
>>
>>26428346
I'm the same with you pal.
>>
>>26428346
Those things only matter in competitive play.
>>
>>26428346
I kinda do the same thing. I don't especially care about IVs or nature, but I usually try to go with something that'll work positively, yknow?

My team's usually do alright
>>
I used to do that.
Fucking Smogon made Pokémon a bit less fun for me because of that. I do actually win more than a few times per week now, though.
>>
>>26428346

I do that for my play through. Afterwords I breed my team for good natures and all that.
>>
>>26428346
None of that stuff matters in a playthrough and it isn't supposed to
>>
>>26428346
Yes anon. You're the only one.
There are 8 billion people; millions of pokemon fans, but you're the only one who doesn't care about the metagame.
>>
>>26428346
Same here OP.
>>
>doesn't care about ability
I was with you until that. Ability is a huge part of the pokemon's identity. Stats as well to some degree. I can like a design but if the stats are just garbage (shit way below mediocre) and the ability is generic then it has no real playstyle or niche to it.

Take Kecleon. Without Color Change, it's just a boring normal pokemon but with it then it makes him much more interesting.
>>
>>26428346
I usually worry about natures and abilities because it can make or break a Pokemon, but EVs, IVs, and others of the sort are useless to me
>>
IVs don't make too much of a difference and it takes a while to check them. I wouldn't bother for a casual playthrough, since it takes forever to find a mon with good IVs.

Abilities can make a huge difference, depending on mon. You're really missing out if you aren't getting mons with good abilities.

Natures are the most important individual aspect of a mon. 10% is huge. I'll reset until I get a good or neutral nature for my starter, and will release caught mons if they have bad natures.

If you're playing against other players, you need perfect IVs, abilities, natures, movesets, items, etc., or you're just wasting your time. Fuck bike sim though, just inject.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.