[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ASH AND RED SAME UNIVERSE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12
ORAS AND ANIME SAME UNIVERSE
>>
>>
given that ash-greninja is guaranteed to be in SM this is pretty much a given.
>>
>>
>>
>>26428094

only a cross-canon reference.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (4 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.jpg
4 KB, 160x160
>>26428113
Nice source!
And what exact point leads to that conclusion?
>>
File: Pokémon Yellow.jpg (22 KB, 237x212) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon Yellow.jpg
22 KB, 237x212
>>26428094

Pokémon yellow and Anime series are likely in the same Universe or at least part of the same Multiverse.
>>
>>26428113
>the protagonist of sumo gets to face the protagonist of kalos

I would love this especially if its like gold and silver
>>
ALTHOUGH IT WAS A LONG TIME AGO

RED CNFIRMED FROM THE FUTURE
>>
Or maybe there's just a game counterpart to Alain like how there's an anime counterpart of most game characters.
>>
>>26428226
FUCK THAT SHIT
>>
>>26428191
It's obvious that the Red we fight in the games is from Yellow since his strongest pokemon is Pikachu and he has all three starters

Yellow is the canon Gen I game
>>
>>26428232
It's possible.
>>
>>26428232
I dunno man, we've already got multi verse bullshit going down now according to that chuuni bitch, anything's possible.
>>
>>26428248
Nah. That's just Speculation.

Pokémon Yellow is not canon.
>>
>>26428275
Sorry but you're wrong. It makes the most sense.
>>
>>26428283
You are a Pokémon beginner.
>>
File: Haunter_Pokédex_entry_(1).png (5 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
Haunter_Pokédex_entry_(1).png
5 KB, 240x160
>>26428265
We knew about parallel universes, since the beginning of Pokémon.
>>
>>26428301
Wow
Fucking zinger
Better have BURN HEALs you Pokemon beginner
>>
>>26428094
RED DOESN'T EXIST IN GEN 6 UNIVERSE
>IN YOUR FACE OP
>>
>>26428320
1. jessie, james and meowth don't exist in Pokémon Gold and Silver and It's Remakes.

2. Pokémon Yellow is not canon at all.

You are a fucking Noob.
>>
>>26428350
Whoa NOOB fucking classic, right in the balls
>>
>>26428350
>1. jessie, james and meowth don't exist in Pokémon Gold and Silver and It's Remakes.

They don't even need to. Giovanni wasn't present in G/S/C either.

>2. Pokémon Yellow is not canon at all.

Good argument, that sure explains why Red's canon in-game team reflects Yellow perfectly.
>>
>>26428370
You couldn't get Eevee in Yellow, could you? And Espeon
>>
File: jessie james and meowth.png (2 KB, 160x144) Image search: [Google]
jessie james and meowth.png
2 KB, 160x144
>>26428370
Pokémon Yellow is not canon at all.
How can could you be so misguided by this?
>>
>>26428395
>You couldn't get Eevee in Yellow, could you? And Espeon

Yes, you could get an Eevee in Yellow. Either way, Espeon was retconned to Lapras in HG/SS and BW2
>>
>>26428367
Pool misguided anime lovers.

Following a inaccurate game and believing It take part of the same Universe as the other games.
>>
>>26428094
>http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_cross-canon_references
>>
>>26428412
I could have sworn you couldn't get Eevee in Yellow. Huh. I also thought he always had Lapras.
>>
>You couldn't trade pokemon from RBYGSC to Gen III
>RBY on virtual console can send Pokemon to Sun and Moon

>FRLGEHGSS confirmed for one timeline
>RBYGSCORASSUMO confirmed for another timeline
>DPPtBW/BW2XY could belong to either timeline
Maybe Black and White are each part of one of the timelines?
Maybe Dialga/Palkia/Giratina shenanigans have something to do with split timelines?
>>
>>26428191
>Pokémon yellow and Anime series are likely in the same Universe or at least part of the same Multiverse.
>likely
So no.

>>26428265
>bullshit
Just because you dont get it it isnt bullshit.

>anything's possible
Yes. Doesnt make the anime and the games the same canon.
>>
>>26428425
No, lapras is given to you by the guy right before you fight giovanni in silph. I think you get the eevee in the Nintendo building; that or you meet bill later and he gives it to you.

Yellow is canon, because one of the gen 1 games has to be canon and the only one that could match is yellow because you can't get all three starters in any other game.
>>
>>26428435
>RBYGSCORASSUMO confirmed for another timeline
No, that just means you can send pokemon from the virtual console releases to sun and moon. You can have RSE mons in ORAS and they are literally stated to be different universes(not timelines, since that concept doesnt have much to do here).

>Maybe Dialga/Palkia/Giratina shenanigans have something to do with split timelines?
Maybe if they revisit the concept in a possible Gen 4 remake, and that's a big if since it implies they give a shit about alternative universes by then, and also about using the legendaries lore without affecting DPPt's plot.
>>
>>26428094
All it confirms is that Alain exists in the games' universe. The Mega Evolution specials don't include Ash or friends at all it's very likely that they're meant to be canon in both universe, but not the actual anime series. Plus Serena and Clemont basically confirm that they aren't the same universes.

>>26428325
>What is Pokemon Orgins
>>
>>26428491
>What is Pokemon Orgins
An anime special adapting the Gen 1 plot.
Red does exist on the "Gen 6" world, but not because of something that isnt in the game canon, because he appears in FRLG,HGSS and B2W2 which arent stated to not happen in the same verse as Gen 6.
>>
>>26428491
>The Mega Evolution specials don't include Ash or friends at all
Manon mentions what Ash did at the start of XY when she first meets Alan.
>>
>>26428192
>sumo
>>>/r/
>>
>>26428191
>>26428275
>>26428301
>>26428319
>>26428350
>>26428416
Fuck off, Richard.
>>
File: 1320634367774.jpg (20 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1320634367774.jpg
20 KB, 400x400
>Pokemon Sun/Moon could be ruined by putting in the Naruto of Pokemon
>>
File: shadow_triad.jpg (35 KB, 400x315) Image search: [Google]
shadow_triad.jpg
35 KB, 400x315
>>26428871
but they already did
>>
>>26428923
But they're actually stealthy and not spellcasters with shuriken.
>>
>>26428094
Red, you dolt!
>>
>>26428094
Red is the son of Ash
>>
>>26428476
You can trade though, can you not?
People trade Pokemon all the time in-universe, there's no reason he could not have simply traded to get them
>>
>>26428265
She's a crazy person. There's no reason that the scientist's solution wouldn't have worked.

>>26428440
I understand it but that doesn't make it not retarded
>>
>>26428491
>>26428585
And, you know, Alan actually meets Ash in the Anime proper and is part of the Team Flare and Zygarde subplot.

Though I guess, anon was saying you could ignore that and pretend the specials themselves were meant to be a nebulous canon thing for both. And that whatever happens in the anime itself, even with the Special characters, could be considered noncanon to the games but canon to the specials. That seems a little silly to me. And anyway, we have Ash being mentioned in the first Special.

The reference in OP is probably just a wink at the audience, not meant to mean anything more than a reference.
>>
omg togepi is in GSC same universe as the anime CONFIRMED
>>
>>26429395
>There's no reason that the scientist's solution wouldn't have worked.
The point was it would work, but might end up in another universe where they don't have mega evolution to power a teleport-ray thing.

Zinnia still comes off as a crazy person, though, yes.
>>
>>26428094
And this is one of the top points why I hate OrAs

Who tought putting it in different universe is good?
Couldnt they just CONTINUE Hoenn with the new story?
>>
>>26431268
Why don't you hate 4th generation of Pokémon?

The distortion world is a antimatter parallel universe.
>>
>>26428094
ITT: People who don't know that the anime is constantly referenced in-game but TPCi are idiots who remove the references in localizations.
>>
>>26428094
>That proving anything.
Given that there's a Steven Stone in the R/S/E universe, it's safe to assume that notable characters reappear in many universes and they do similar things, so this proves nothing since the Alain from ORASverse can be different from the one in the Ashnime...
>>
>>26431351
>ITT: Idiots who don't know this proves nothings since the multiverse allow us to have universes where similar things happen and the characters not necessarily need to be the same.
>>
>>26431351
>citation needed

Actually scratch that, I don't need your shitty citation. There's a multitude of things in the games that contradicts the possibility of them occurring in the anime universe.
>>
>>26428094
>>26428222
>Red

Its about Alain from the anime specials you idiot
>>
>>26431330
Fuck off, Richard.
>>
>>26431395
That's why anon said "references" not "proof that the anime and the games are in the exact same canon." These are just little nods to the anime, not actual proof of anything.

They're probably talking about things like trainers named after movie characters with, I think, similar mons to what they had in the movies. The localizers pretty much never catch it, so they never do the obvious and rename those trainers to their English dub equivalents.
>>
>>26431399
Anon is being dumb, but they're not saying that. What they're implying is:

>Red exists in the game canon, along with Steven Stone from the game canon
>Ash exists in the anime canon
>Alan/Alain exists with Ash in the Anime canon and met Steven Stone there
>Steven Stone in the games mentions the event where he met Alan/Alain, though not him by name
>Therefore, by the transitive property of dumb internet autism, Red and Ash exist in the same canon
>>
>>26431617
We've known this since the 90s when Ash watched a movie in theaters that featured Red.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.