[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the most OP types per gen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: vp hype train.png (467 KB, 396x410) Image search: [Google]
vp hype train.png
467 KB, 396x410
What are the most OP types per gen?
>>
Psychic
Steel
Steel
Dragon
Dragon
Fairy
Light
Sound
>>
>>26424975
>Light
>OP
It has useless coverage and way too many weaknesses.
Light type is shit.
>>
gen 1 - psychic
gen 2 - steel
gen 3 - ground
gen 4 - fighting
gen 5 - dragon
gen 6 - fairy

these aren't really specific though. dragon, ground, steel, and fighting sort of all ruled gens 2-5

psychic is the only really easy pick for gen 1
>>
>>26424963
Gen 1=Psychic
Gen 2-5=Dragon
Gen 6=Fairy
>>
>>26424975
>>26425032
>>26425234
>fairy
>OP
>>
>>26425259
Yes.
>>
>>26425259
The Fairy-types in general have shit stats, with the average stats being, bad Atk and Decent SpA, bad Def and high HP and SpD, Spe is whatever.

What makes Fairy "so OP" is that, like on Bulbapedia says: It was created as an anti-meta type, being resistant and having advantage to the very common Fighting and Dark-types, being immune and also having advantage to the broken Dragon-type, and being weak to two of the best defensive types but also uncommon attacking Poison and Steel-type.

Many people complain about why does Fairy resists Bug-types but the reason is one thing: U-turn. Yes, even with its 70BP this move is the second most common move on VGC. Why? The answer is easy: Volt Switch can't hit Ground-types, so to nerf ONE MOVE they decided to nerf THE ENTIRE TYPE. It's like Aegislash and the Steel-type nerf.
>>
>>26424963
I agree with everyone, Psychic and Steel for Gen I and II.

I'd say Steel or Ground for Gen III and Dragon for Gen IV and V.
>>
Gen 1: Psychic, most definitely
Gen 2: Steel
Gen 3: Don't really know
Gen 4: Dragon
Gen 5: Dragon
Gen 6: Fairy
>>
The Fug Type
>>
someone explain to me why steel is OP in gen2
>>
>Psychic
>Dragon
>Dragon
>Dragon
>Dragon
>Fairy/steel
>>
>>26425552
>It's like aegislash and the steel type nerf

Except no, because that actually makes some sense.
>Ghosts can phase through objects
>Dark/"evil" types are crafty and sneaky and will look for Knicks in armor and shit
>>
>>26426060
Le skarmbliss
>>
>>26426301
But Blissey is a Fairy (type).
>>
Psychic
Steel
Ground
Dragon
Weather, fuck types
Flying
>>
Psychic
Steel
Dragon/Steel
Dragon/Steel
Swift Swim/Sand Rush
Steel
>>
>>26425552
Why is fairy type so hated then? It was a godsend.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.