[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dogs or Cats?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8
File: doc.png (81 KB, 669x241) Image search: [Google]
doc.png
81 KB, 669x241
Dogs or Cats?
>>
>>26423692
>Literally called legendary dogs

Gee, anon, I wonder
>>
>>26423692
Legendary Beasts, big cats with features of beings from Chinese mythology. Popplio, a sea lion.
>>
>>26423698
>literally called the BEAST trio
>>
>>26423692
popplio is a sea lion you dolt
>>
Cat.

Entei, Raikou, and Suicune are based on Chinese Lions of Foo.

Popplio is a sea LION.

They're cats.
>>
>>26423698
They aren't officially called the Legendary Dogs, that's only by fans. They're officially called the Legendary Beasts by TPCi. Raikou is based on the tiger form of the Shinto god Raijin with features of a saber tooth cat, Entei is based on a Chinese Shi lion with features of a lion, and Suicune is based on a qilin from Chinese mythology with features of a cheetah.
>>
File: 1463312775108.png (41 KB, 726x543) Image search: [Google]
1463312775108.png
41 KB, 726x543
>>26423692
I feel like if Raikou wasn't a thing, they would be seen as dogs without question. The problem is that Raikou has those claws, saber teeth, and stripes that are typically associated with big cats. His design is the most strange of the three, and definitely the least dog-like.

Either way, they're fucking dogs, OP.
>>
>>26423773
>His design is the most strange of the three, and definitely the least dog-like.

It's not dog-like whatsoever
>>
>>26423805
Yes, that's my point.
>>
>>26423709
>>26423753

>Literally called the legendary gerbils
>>
>>26423692
>called sea LION
>more closely related to dogs

Huh?
>>
File: Marshroomed.jpg (70 KB, 366x362) Image search: [Google]
Marshroomed.jpg
70 KB, 366x362
>Raikou looks more like a cat
>Suicune looks more like a dog
>mfw deciding
>>
>>26423692
I don't know?
>>
>>26423773
>>26423815
>one of them's not a dog at all
>but they're still dogs
>>
>>26423773
Suicune is clearly a dog.
Raikou is clearly a cat.
Entei is like a mix of both.

They're beasts.
>>
>>26423845
>Raikou is a cat
>Suicune is more a dog
>Entei is at best half cat and half dog
Just go with beasts
>>
>>26423855
>They were created from the gen 1 eeveelutions, which are dog-like in appearance
>2/3 are obviously dogs, while the 3rd one is cat like with some dog qualities
>Raikou is based off the Raiju, which can appear as a wolf wrapped in lightning as well as a tiger

They're dogs.
>>
>>26423692
>>
>>26423897
>They were created from the gen 1 eeveelutions
[citation needed]
>>
File: Thoughtful Cthulhu.jpg (140 KB, 987x776) Image search: [Google]
Thoughtful Cthulhu.jpg
140 KB, 987x776
>>26423868
>>26423873
So what you're telling me here is that Entei is a catdog
>>
>>26423948
I guess
>>
>>26423753
You've never seen a cheetah or a qilin/kirin/kilin/etc, have you?
>>
File: Shishi-506859cb3d98f.jpg (159 KB, 600x655) Image search: [Google]
Shishi-506859cb3d98f.jpg
159 KB, 600x655
They're shishi.
>>
>>26423753
>Suicune is based on a qilin from Chinese mythology with features of a cheetah.
Literally the only cat features on Suicune are the spots and they aren't even exclusive to cats.
The kirin part works though and you've missed the other features on the other beasts.

You're the reason why people have started calling them Cats instead of Beasts
>>
>>26423897
>They were created from the gen 1 eeveelutions, which are dog-like in appearance
This isn't a thing. Why do underage autistic fags keep trying to make this a thing?
>>
>>26423911
>Along with Raikou and Suicune, it is one of the legendary beasts said to be resurrected by Ho-Oh after the burning of the Brass Tower. They were normal pokemon before they died who were resurrected into a new form to represent the incident.
>Entei is said to represent the flames that burned the Brass Tower.
>Raikou is said to represent the lightning strike which ignited the fire that consumed the Brass Tower.
>Suicune is said to represent the rains that quenched the flames of the burning Brass Tower.
>Same color schemes are the eeveelutions.
>The hidden abilities of the Legendary beasts are the same as the normal abilities of the gen 1 eeveelutions.
>The stat spreads on the eeveelutions match up with their legendary counterparts
>In GSC, you fight 3 guys in the Tin tower (Brass Tower's replacement) with each of the 3 eeveelutions.
>In Ecruteak there's also the Kimono girls, who use eeveelutions as well.

It's not outright stated, but it's VERY heavily implied. You can find any of this stuff on Bulbapedia.
>>
>>26423728
>popple is a sea LION
Cute, but pinnipeds are much more closely related to canines than felines.
>>
>>26423728
Sea Lions aren't lions. Just like Guinea pigs aren't pigs, you mook.
>>
>>26424079
It is, though. You're just a fucking retard who never played GSC. There's actual evidence for it and many of the reasons people agree with the theory are from things that were included in the game intentionally by the devs. Fuck off.
>>
File: ladda ned.jpg (16 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
ladda ned.jpg
16 KB, 268x188
>>26424060
>The kirin part works though
Oh yeah, the kirin is known for its paws and lack of scales.
>>
>>26423692
Cat, cat, dog, seal.
>>
>>26424107
There's zero evidence outside of speculation.
>>
>>26423773
Entei is clearly based off a lion though, so that's 2/3 cats. Suicide is the one that doesn't fit.
>>
>>26424119
It refers to the legends in the fucking game as normal pokemon prior to the tower burning. The new tower has sages who use the eeveelutions. Are you dense?
>>
File: 82528424.jpg (292 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
82528424.jpg
292 KB, 1920x1280
Just look at how virtually identical to Suicune it is, with the paws and the long, double tails.
>>
>>26424087
>no official confirmation
>all this text
>Bulbapedia
You're just asking for no one to take you seriously

And even if they were Eeveelutions, that should n't have anything to do with the clearly different basis of their new selves
>>
>>26424119
Basically there were 3 regular pokemon who died, and were reborn as the legendary beasts. Speculation says that those 3 were the eeveelutions, supported by the subtle hints like Suicune being water and not ice type, and the sages using Eeveelutions in the remakes.
>>
>>26424166
>>26424141
So, you lot have zero evidence and it's purely speculation then.
>>
>>26424087
>Same color schemes are the eeveelutions.
I bet you think Dittos are just failed Mews
>The stat spreads on the eeveelutions match up with their legendary counterparts
Charizard and Typhlosion are the same because they share similar stats!
>In GSC, you fight 3 guys in the Tin tower (Brass Tower's replacement) with each of the 3 eeveelutions.
except there were 5 eeveelutions at the time
Brass tower wasn't a replacement, there were always two towers
>Trainers use the pokemon from my theory, so therefore it must be true!
>>
>>26424141
Cool headcanon.
>>
>>26424177
I think it's great when someone makes it this obvious that they don't need to be taken seriously anymore. It saves time.
>>
>>26424087
>color scheme is the same
They're similar because that's what's srandard for water, electric, and fire. Except Entei's color scheme is nothing like Flareon's (brown, red, and yellow vs orange and cream), Raikou has purple, and Suicune has purple while Vaporeon has a deep turquoise.
>they used to be normal pokemon
Pretty sure Eevee and its evolutions are fairly new Pokemon chronologically, while the beasts are like 500 years old.
>stat spread is the same
Fucking wrong. Entei is faster than it is specially defensive, which is not the case for Flareon. It has lower Attack than Flareon, while Raikou is slower than Jolteon.
>the kimono girls use eeveelutions
They use Umbreon and Espeon as well. Where's the Psychic and Dark legendaries?

It's a fun fan theory, but it's still not true.
>>
>>26424174
So who do you think the 3 pokemon that died were? Or have you got nothing at all and are just shitposting?
>>
>>26424141
>>26424166
You retards, it never refers to them as "regular" pokemon they were NAMELESS pokemon.
It's more likely they were Suicune, Raikou and Entei before dying.
>>
>>26424107
>>26424141

It never says anything about normal pokemon
It just says they died and were resurrected by Ho-oh in the form of the lightning that struck the tower, the fire that burned the tower, and the rain that extinguished the flames
>>
>>26424189
>I think it's great when someone makes it this obvious that they don't need to be taken seriously anymore. It saves time

yet you took the time to repsond? lol
here's your reply
>>
>>26424198
>Who do you think the 3 pokemon that died were?

What? I've been saying that they were Flareon, Jolteon, and Vaporeon this whole time.
>>
>>26424198
Something that wasn't an Eeveelution seeing as there's nothing to back it up.
>>
>>26424203
>They were Suicune, Raikou and Entei before dying
>But Ho-oh resurrected them in their new forms to represent the burning of the tower

What?
>>
>>26424225
So you have nothing at all? Okay, so you're telling me the Eeveelutions theory may not have 100% certainty, but they have a mountain more evidence than you have?
>>
>>26424198
They could have been Entei, Suicune, and Raikou?
Who says they have to change just because they were resurrected?
>>
>>26424225
But the sages in the Tin Tower use those 3 eeveelutions. Implying that the ones in the Brass Tower used them as well. There is something to back it up, you're just willfully ignoring it because you're autistic.
>>
>>26424241
The games do. It says they were given new forms when they were resurrected, they're different than when they died.
>>
But seriously, the "Suicune=kirin" thing is retarded, and the only thing supporting it is that both have horns (even if Suicune's horns look nothing like any kirin picture ever) and they both have wavy manes. It's idiotic.
>>
>>26424233
I have a name, I am a person
If I died, and were resurrected, I'D STILL BE THE SAME PERSON
>>
>>26424241
Why would they be nameless before they died but have known names after their resurrection unless they were different pokemon at some point?
>>
>>26424194
I bet you think Dark Souls has no plot either, since you're incapable of drawing a connection when it isn't spelled out for you.
>>
>>26424240
>but they have a mountain more evidence than you have?
You are aware that zero isn't a bigger number than zero right?

>>26424246
How exactly is that an implication of anything anon?
That's like saying Dragonite is the original dragon because you can fish for it at dragonspiral in both gen 5 games.
>>
>>26424252
Not if you were resurrected into a brand new body/form, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>26424246
>But the sages in the Tin Tower use those 3 eeveelutions. Implying that the ones in the Brass Tower used them as well.
What? How does that imply the ones in the brass tower used them as well? This literally makes no sense.
>>
>>26424252
Please anon, when you blatantly ignore the plain text that directly says they were given new forms you make yourself look like a fucking retard.
>>
>>26424257
Because they were named after the event maybe?

>>26424278
Not that you have any proof that such a thing happened beyond a vague legend you're inserting a headcanon into.
>>
>>26424246
And here it comes, resorting to the "ur autist!" card. Like clockwork.
>>
>>26424278
tell us where it says they were resurrected into new bodies/forms

It just says they were resurrected
>>
>>26424269
It is an implication that the sages in Ecruteak used eeveelutions regularly. The kimono girls use them as well. It would only make sense for the sages in the tin tower to be the same.

>>26424284
>Not that you have any proof that such a thing happened

IT SAYS IT IN THE FUCKING GAME

Why even comment if you clearly haven't played the fucking game. There are too many fucking redditor children browsing this fucking board now, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>26424308
>It is an implication that the sages in Ecruteak used eeveelutions regularly
No it isn't, not in the slightest.
If they had said "We have used these pokemon for generations" then you can say it was implied that they died in there. Until then you have fuck all.
>>
>>26424248
And it also says they were nameless pokemon
It doesn't say "Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon"

The people who own the eeveeelutions are the ones who say they were nameless pokemon.
So don't you think the people who own the eeveelutions wouldn't call the dead nameless if they had been Flareon, Vaporeon, and Jolteon?
>>
>>26424308
>IT SAYS IT IN THE FUCKING GAME
Where?
The game in your imagination?

Sorry, but that's what we call a headcanon anon.
>>
>>26424248
You are aware that new doesn't mean different right?
For example, I could break a toy pokeball and buy a new one but it would be the same kind of thing.
>>
>>26424308
>It would only make sense for the sages in the tin tower to be the same.
This is literally the definition of an opinion

>It is an implication that the sages in Ecruteak used eeveelutions regularly. The kimono girls use them as well.
Tell us where it implies the sages used them regularly?
The kimono girls were just an excuse to show off all the eeveelutions in a way that wouldn't look silly. It would be strange to see 5 different trainers all next to one another all using them on route 40 or something. It was just a theme, in the same exact way Gym Leaders use type themes.
>>
>>26423692
Why do people even say they're legendary dogs when Raikou is literally an electric sabertooth tiger and Entei looks like one of those chinese lions?

Suicune can be ambiguous but still its body structure is much more cat-like than dog like
>>
>>26424464
>Suicune can be ambiguous but still its body structure is much more cat-like than dog like
You've never seen a dog before have you.
>>
>>26424264
Pokemon does have a plot though, and typically doesn't really on fan theory to create a continuity. So what's your point?
>>
>>26424488
My parents have two dogs. Suicune's slender frame and thin legs are much reminiscent of cats. Dogs tends to have a stockier build, with shorter, thicker legs and a bulkier body save a few races like the Afhgan Hounds that no one gives two shits about
>>
>>26424530
So what you're saying is that you've only seen at max two breeds of dogs and are saying that they all have that body type when the reality is that they tend to have more slender builds than cats proportionately especially when they reach maturity.

Okay.
>>
>>26424530
>Afhgan Hounds
Or Grey hounds
Or German Shepherds
Or Golden Retrievers
Or an Akita
Or a Coonhound
Or the majority of dog breeds
>>
Why do people argue so much about this specific trio? Why do they all have to be the same type of animals? I don't see people arguing if the bird trio are all birds of prey, and the musketeers are goats, bulls, horses and whatever. They seem like a tiger, lion and wolf with elemental designs to them.
>>
>>26423897

Regardless of whether they were eeveelutions or not, within the game's canon, they're still treated as completely separate, unrelated entities to the eeveelutions. Therefore, the fact that the eeveelutions may be based on dogs should have nothing to do with the basis of the legendary beasts.

Also keep in mind that the same game canon that may imply they beasts used to be eeveelutions also implies that multiple Entei exist and that new ones can be born naturally
>A Pokémon that races across the land. It is said that one is born every time a new volcano appears.
>>
>>26424632
Because they all have traits of different animals but the ones that show up predominantly in all three are cats and dogs.
Then you get cat and dog fags arguing over it instead of calling them beasts like everyone else does.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.