[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw we're getting another shitty tropical region right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: 1457646127037.png (1 MB, 741x1065) Image search: [Google]
1457646127037.png
1 MB, 741x1065
>tfw we're getting another shitty tropical region right after the Hoenn remakes
Fuck that, I wanted more urban.
>>
>>26423553
yeah i kinda wanted something different too

like a more woodland region
>>
>>26423599
that's what kalos was
>>
>>26423608
kalos was a bit of everything
>>
>>26423553
You Unovabortions are really starting to grind my gears. I'd rather have more tropical regions than the shit that Gen 5 had.
>>
>>26423612
That's what wrong with it. At the end of the day, it's nothing original
>>
>>26423612
All the region's are a bit of everything. To be honest I never got any distinctive feeling from any region playing the games. The closest is MAYBE ORAS Hoenn felt distinctly tropical but even then probably not really.
>>
>>26423619
>wanting games in a different setting then the last set of games that came out

K
>>
>>26423619
Gears?
>>
>>26423629
Oh and also HGSS Johto felt pretty distinctlu Japanese at points too I suppose but it was mostly just in towns. I wasnt on random routes and thinking 'wow this place sure is Japanese"
>>
ORAS has to be redeemed somehow
>>
>>26423629
Sinnoh definitely felt like a cold, humid, northern region and Hoenn is 100% tropical/sub-tropical. Johto and Kanto were uniformly temperate. The only regions that have a bit of everything are Unova (a fucking mess in that regard) and Kalos.
>>
>>26423629
The majority of Unova was buildings, roads and bridges, clearly a bit of theme going on.
>>
>>26423680
No, I didn't get that at all, sorry. Traveling random routes didn't make me go "yeah this is definitely new York city". Obviously there was a bridge theme but it doesn't strike me as notably and distinctly metropolitan or anything. It's just a gimmick. Kalos or Hoenn or whatever wouldn't feel any different with some bridges in there. They're just bridges. The bridges were saif to be metaphorical more than an indicator of any regional themes.
>>
>>26423710
The routes are literally roads. I think you fell on your head as a child.
>>
>>26423553
I'm oh ok with Alola region, at long as it have over 100 new Pokémon introduced in it.

Regions are meanless without new Pokémon.
>>
>>26423736
They are not. I'm replaying BW right now. They majorly DIRT ROADS if that's what you mean but every region is composed primarily of dirt roads, and other rflegions also have some literal roads as well, like Kanto off the top of my head
>>
File: Unova_Route_5.png (54 KB, 456x166) Image search: [Google]
Unova_Route_5.png
54 KB, 456x166
>>26423900
This is not a road? I can post more examples if you want.
>>
>>26423928
I said that they were majorly dirt roads and that other regions have literal roads as well, read

Also the whole premise of this argument is stupid. It has some roads so it feels like New York? Really?
>>
I want another Japanese region with more traditional towns like Johto.
>>
File: Unova_Route_16_Summer_B2W2.png (236 KB, 1046x575) Image search: [Google]
Unova_Route_16_Summer_B2W2.png
236 KB, 1046x575
>>26423949
Are you seriously denying Unova is based on New York?
>>
>>26424001
How do you even extrapolate that from what was said? The only thing I ever said is that no region in a game has ever been overtly and distinctively or even "felt" like what it was based on going by how the routes look. And even beyond that only specific towns bring to mind their basis, the majority of towns and cities are just generic towns and cities.
>>
File: 11.png (22 KB, 256x192) Image search: [Google]
11.png
22 KB, 256x192
>>26424139
There is no other region that has almost all of its routes as roads. There's also a lot more urban things in the Unova routes compared to other gens. Vehicles, stores, buildings surrounding the route, etc.
>>
>>26424209
>has almost all
No. It might have the most literal paved roads but it's so far from "most".
>>
File: Unova_Route_9.png (89 KB, 450x291) Image search: [Google]
Unova_Route_9.png
89 KB, 450x291
>>26424227
Quite a few of them, then. Better? Regardless this argument is over.
>>
>>26424262
>Say all its routes were literally roads
>Get told no
>Move goalposts to most of its routes were roads
>Get told no again
>"Well quite a few of them were" and end it like that like you "won"
My only "argument" was that Unova's routes did not scream New York, and that no region has done the same with its basis either. And I repeat the whole roads thing is so fucking stupid to begin with. Its better because it has some roads? Did you say that yourself?
>>
>>26424322
They do scream Poke New York, however. Its quite easy to see what they were going for with the routes. Also you called them "dirt roads" when they clearly aren't. Brain damage.
>>
>>26423553
Face it, tropical regions are just way more fun to explore.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.