[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favourite Pokemon thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 11
My favourite Pokemon would have to be Electivire, for many reasons. One, he's an electric type that doesn't conform to electric type norms. Electivire is not afraid to be different, challenging the social stigma of electric types being fast special sweepers by being a bulky physical attacker with okay speed. He wants to be different, and that's okay.

My second reason is his design. While Electabuzz had the design of something that would go on a rampage, with no real control over his power, only thinks for himself, Electivire does the opposite. Electivire is a protector. His giant forearms can shield his trainer from any incoming electric attacks, then he can use his slender tendrils to pick you up and move you to safety (obviously not shocking you because he respects his trainer and doesn't want him injured). He's big and bulky and will not be moved.

Third and finally, for emotional reasons. I was going through severe depression when my favourite gorilla Jeffrey died at my local zoo. It hit me hard and I had no way of emotionally dealing with it. Until I picked up Pokemon Platinum and saw Electivire. Everything I loved in Jeffrey was there. His big strong hands, his confident attitude, his long flowing hair past his face that kind of looked like a beard. I picked up an Electivire for my team and 4 years later I still have the same save file.

What's your guys favourite? :)
>>
File: 999.jpg (105 KB, 840x624) Image search: [Google]
999.jpg
105 KB, 840x624
>first playthrough of X
>find this little gal in the grass
>keep her as Floette cause I love the design
>turns out AZ had a "special" Floette too
>get all emotional and shit

Still have her in OR, she's currently making beautiful eggs with Pasta the Ditto.
>>
File: shadow sableye.jpg (617 KB, 1133x1403) Image search: [Google]
shadow sableye.jpg
617 KB, 1133x1403
>>26420012
>Playing emerald
>Find this thing while flailing around the cave
>Think nothing, try to headbutt it
>Turns out its a ghost
>I loved ghosts at the time, so I captured it
>I see it has an odd typing
>Look it up
>Turns out it has no weaknesses
>My childish mind instantly asumes he is the best pokemon in the game
>Go as far as to clear the E4 with it
>Years later I realize its shit
>Get sad
>Gen V comes out
>See it gets prankster
>Fucking hype
>Gen VI comes out
>Gets a mega
>Hyper mega hype

My bro for years
>>
Gliscor looks cool and has a fun asshole play style that makes people wanna commit suicide.
>>
>>26420012

This could be pasta material.
>>
I'm still angry that Electivire isn't electric/fighting. Everything about his design screams fighting type, it's an unused combo, and it would be fucking cool.
>>
File: 1459537110659.png (211 KB, 595x461) Image search: [Google]
1459537110659.png
211 KB, 595x461
>>26420163

I'm still angry it doesn't look this.
>>
File: Evolution.Family.full.1703004.jpg (1 MB, 1601x1010) Image search: [Google]
Evolution.Family.full.1703004.jpg
1 MB, 1601x1010
>>26420237
It's design is fine. A bigger Electibuzz would be boring as fuck.
>>
> I was going through severe depression when my favourite gorilla Jeffrey died at my local zoo.

Fkin lost it
>>
File: electivire_by_all0412-d4jzg1q.jpg (99 KB, 900x691) Image search: [Google]
electivire_by_all0412-d4jzg1q.jpg
99 KB, 900x691
Electivire is also my fav mon, he just looks badass af
>>
>>26420155
I legitimately thought that it was one when I first opened the thread.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 300x263) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 300x263
>>26420012
Always and forever
>>
File: z2e5ed6594b33b7198328b230aaf5b4.jpg (769 KB, 1622x1206) Image search: [Google]
z2e5ed6594b33b7198328b230aaf5b4.jpg
769 KB, 1622x1206
Pretty sure Electivire is just as violent and reckless as Electabuzz, but that's probably just in the wild.

For me, it's gotta be arcanine
>warm
>fluffy
>loyal
>affectionate
>strong and reliable
>would probably let you ride it around town and take you to work
>>
>>26420012
>that crotch stripe
electivires got cameltoe
>>
File: image.png (773 KB, 900x770) Image search: [Google]
image.png
773 KB, 900x770
He's my fav
>>
File: 500emboar-s1920x1080.jpg (249 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
500emboar-s1920x1080.jpg
249 KB, 1920x1080
Electivire is in my top 5, really cool Pokemon.

My favourite is Emboar. Love its varied movepool and unique fighting style, since its the 3rd Fire/Fighting starter in a row you just don't expect it. I love how it fights mostly with recoil attacks, meaning it's giving everything its got and putting its body on the line, and despite its appearance it's actually quite friendly. Just a bromon all around.
>>
Current Number 1 favorite is Hydreigon.

I've been playing since Red/Blue, so when you see a new Gen Pokemon becomes your favorite, I'm sure you understand that sort of "love at first sight" feeling, and that's what happened here:
>Hear of BW's announcement long after its been released in Japan
>Find Serebii's site for the first time
>Find Gen 5 Dex
>Scroll through it, listing off the Pokemon you like
>Come across Hydreigon
>Mfw it's a badass 3 headed dragon
>Mfw it's a unique Dark/Dragon type
>Mfw it's Japanese name at the time was Sazandora
>Mfw immediate connection to favorite Kaiju
>Instant love
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.