[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, I just replayed X. I had EXP Share on the entire time,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 1451205591030.jpg (363 KB, 945x567) Image search: [Google]
1451205591030.jpg
363 KB, 945x567
Well, I just replayed X. I had EXP Share on the entire time, didn't purposely avoid or go out of my way to fight any trainers, only caught Pokemon I actually used which were my team, Xerneas, a Delibird for Fly, and a few Bunnelby as trade fodder to move Snover and Skrelp which I traded eggs for to use early, a Larvesta to make them hatch faster, and a Zweilious to get Pancham to evolve. I only used Amie bonuses starting with Victory Road because I felt underleveled with everyone floating at 48~51 enemies were 55~59 and didn't want to grind--with Level 2 affection, they all gained about eight to ten levels over the course of Victory Road alone. I also gave Skrelp a Lucky Egg at one point so it could catch up after I traded over the egg until it evolved, which started around the fourth or fifth gym and ended during the final Team Flare confrontation. At the very start, I also traded over my Fennekin to OR and quickly leveled it to 28 because I honestly just wanted to blaze through the game, but it didn't keep that advantage for very long. My team after the final battle was:

>Slurpuff Lv. 61
>Abomasnow Lv. 61
>Delphox Lv. 64
>Pangoro Lv. 62
>Furfrou Lv. 62
>Dragalgae Lv. 66

These are all lower than the levels of Diantha's Pokemon. Why do people say the game isn't the game isn't balanced around EXP Share, again? Do they catch a ton of Pokemon they never use disregarding it gives EXP now? Do they not realize it's Amie that actually breaks the level scale with its EXP boosts?
>>
"Why do people say the game isn't the game isn't balanced around EXP Share"

clarify
do you think the game is balanced around the exp share?
yes or no
>>
>>26416424
Just imagine if you had EXP share off! It's a shame people don't know you can turn it off. Or, apparently they don't know, since they like to complain about the easiness of the game when they have the equivalent of hard mode turned off.
>>
>>26416451
After this replay, I think it's balanced around it, because even though I had it on the whole game, my team never got overleveled except when I said I went out of my way to power level my Fennekin in another game.

I think the game does still have balance problems, because the Amie boosts on top of it made my team level up way faster in the final stretch, and if someone catches a lot of Pokemon without actually using them probably for Pokedex reasons the few they do use're likely to end up overleveled with the EXP from that, though if they actually used all those Pokemon they caught and rotated them out regularly it'd probably turn out fine. There's also if someone goes out of their way to grind money in the Mansion during maingame, probably to get more clothes, that'd probably lead to overleveling too.

So yeah, I think it's fine. Without any other boosts and just focusing on the main quest, not going out of your way to grind in any way or trying to catch a ton of Pokemon you'll never use, basically just defaulting through as a lot of people probably will, you end up just about keeping up.
>>
>>26416424
>Blastoise lvl 87
>Venasaur lvl 85
>Charizard lvl 92
>Gengar lvl 86
>Tyrantrum lvl 88
>Mewtwo lvl 73

That was when I beat the Elite 4 the first time a few days ago. EXP Share is a bit OP.
>>
>>26416645
Mewtwo is only available after beating the elite 4
>>
>>26416424
>>26416546
>didn't go out of my way to battle trainers

so OP, what you're telling me is you don't want me going out of my way to play the game for its intended purpose? You're basically asking me to play the game by not playing the game. My first playthrough I had exp share on and vs'd every trainer (the main purpose i bought the fucking game was to play it) and all my pokemon (team of 6) were all atleast 10 levels above dianthas. So when you play the game as intended, you can beat her without any effort which is bad.
>>
>>26416755
I think what OP is trying to say is that he didn't try to purposely avoid trainers to stay underleveled. But even then, that begs the question of how did he stay 10 levels under Diantha
>>
>>26416755
But anon, I'm pretty sure you're meant to dodge trainers. That's why it's possible to do "stealth sections" to get past them, and why they're used as punishment for going down the wrong path.
>>
>>26416424
DESU, the bigger offender is full XP for switching, rather than the EXP share. I know I tend to switch a lot in my battles, and I ended up in the 80s after the E4. Minimal switching with EXP share and moderate switching without are fine, but I think the combination of excessive switching + XP share is the source of a lot of people's issues.
>>
>>26416802
>the punishment for taking a wrong path is playing the game
>>
>>26416755
Nah, I just played naturally, not trying to avoid any. If I happened to pass them, I didn't go back to fight them, if I didn't pass them, battle on.

Diantha was still easier than any member of the E4 though, only my Slurpuff got taken out because she had low HP and couldn't outspeed her Hawlucha. Siebold gave my team the most trouble.
>>
>>26416815
The game is about getting to the gym leaders, or the multiplayer if you're into that.

Regular trainers are obstacles, time consuming ones. They don't take strategy to beat.
>>
Nigguh fuck your EXPShare, I wondertrade for hours and have a box full of shinies and dozens of rare candies from global link.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.