[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>1% encounter rate And I thought catching a munchlax was bad.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Snubbull_46349.png (56 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
Snubbull_46349.png
56 KB, 230x230
>1% encounter rate

And I thought catching a munchlax was bad.
>>
>>26413320
munchlax is significantly worse since you can get hundreds of chances for a snubbull for every one chance at a munchlax
>>
>>26413320
>I caught one of these in route 10(?) outside cyllage city while dicking around before the gym
Didn't seem like 1% to me but maybe that's just because I encountered it first

Are there any other (non-legendary) pokemon with low encounter rates?
>>
File: 250px-349Feebas.png (51 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-349Feebas.png
51 KB, 250x250
>>26413560
Fucking.

I caught one by complete accident as a kid. It took me six hours to replicate those results as an adult.
>>
>>26413590
Oh god that shit
I had to look it up for how to do it in ORAS because they changed it from RSE, at least it turns into something cool
>>
>>26413560
In the Johto games, genius.

And despite Marill being a big deal prerelease it was another super rare Pokemon in arguably the least relevant/least explored side dungeon in the series
>>
>>26413320
Yeah, Snubbull, Chansey, Marill and Dunsparce have 1% chance of spawning, but unlike Munchlax, the four can appear through a Swarm on Gen II and HG/SS (the Swarm replaces the shitty 1% by a 40%).
>>
>>26413392
You can still SR
>>
>>26413320
munchlax was shit to get, and pray to the god of your choice if you wanted a female one.

>mfw i actually caught a snubbull for the first time in a recent ss run
>currently breeding the fuck out of it
>>
>>26413320
If you mean Munchlax in DP then it's way worse.
>>
>>26413560
No, in X and Y. Shuckle is the hardest normal Pokemon to get if you want to catch it the normal way. Since it only has a 5% encounter rate when you smash rocks.
>>
>>26413320
How is this worse than Munchlax? Munchlax had the exact same 1% chance of appearing, but you had to wait SIX HOURS between every encounter.
>>
>>26414659
Right, but the ability to SR is only relevant once you've actually encountered it. And by that point, it's mostly pointless. Unless it's the safari zone (or some selfdestruct BS), there's never an excuse for not being able to catch a pokemon on the first encounter.
>>
>>26418848

Who the hell catches a Munchlax in the wild? Why not just breed an easy to obtain Snorlax? :^)
>>
>>26413320
I didn't know it was rare.

I caught mine with a Premier Ball because I was out of Pokeballs and she was adorable.
>>
>People complain about rare Pokemon
>In a game about hunting down monsters
If anything the game should encourage more on the actual hunting of the monsters. We need to bring back Day/Night/Morning, it's bullshit they cut that feature out. We also need to incorporate seasons back in too. There's more then enough Pokemon to have a huge massive ecosystem that constantly changes each day, each season.

Bring back Pokemon running from battle too, it was underused in GSC and cut for no reason. Bring back shaking grass. Make hunting more involved.
>>
Goddamn fucking Chimecho in RSE. FUCK that worthless shitmon and all the time it took to find. A decade later and I'm still mad.
>>
>>26413590
>trying to fish a feebas, no luck after 10 minutes
>joke about being more likely to find a shiny at this rate
>find a shiny carnavah in the next couple of tries
>>
File: 1434492485564.png (324 KB, 677x677) Image search: [Google]
1434492485564.png
324 KB, 677x677
>>26419109
>my brother leveled chimecho to lvl 100
>got mad when it didnt turn into the monster he was expecting with how long it took to find

and then chingling were a dime a dozen next gen
>>
>>26419231
>replaying FireRed, hunting for a Pikachu at the beginning of the game
>tell myself I either catch one or find a shiny before quitting for now
>piss yellow Weedle appears two encounters later
>>
>>26414204
That was probably to mirror pikachu being rare.
>>
>>26419103
I think they don't have that because it's bad enough that some shinies can explode or get killed in a horde, imagine just whittling down the pokemons hp and going for a pokeball and bam it runs. Fuck that yo.
>>
>>26419375
Then git gud
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.