[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was that one Pokémon you thought was extremely overpowered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vp/ - Pokemon

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 500x600
Who was that one Pokémon you thought was extremely overpowered as a kid until you learned the truth?
Pic related. Remember drilling my way through that Fighting dojo, Koga's gym and Sabrina's gym with ease using this fucker's Drill Peck and his Tri Attack which would constantly paralyse/freeze the opponent. Used to think he was a god, still love him though.
>>
>>26411919
Dodrio was actually pretty good in RBY to be totally fairy, and if you actually got Doduo before Celadon he rocked it
>>
I used to think Nidoking was the strongest thing in the whole game
>>
I kept my togepi in gold version because I liked metronome. I got sacred fire or aeroblast very often for some reason
>>
>>26411946
True, there could've been worse Pokémon to put my faith in.

>>26411952
>think he's the strongest
>turns out his stats are shit
>think he's a giant beast
>4'07
Gen 1 really let your imagination run wild huh.
Wish they'd fix him somehow, his stats I mean. So many kids probably ended up disappointed once they learned more about how the game worked.
>>
>>26411919
>tauros, Snorlax, Slowbro

as it turns out however, they were unholy abominations that destroyed anything before them, in Gen1 of course.
>>
>>26412011
Oh god yes, once I found out he was a tiny thing it was even worse. I still really like him though, but more for the endearment. All things considered though, if anything he is still I good pokemon to get through the main game with and have fun
>>
Dodrio is not too shabby if you want my opinion.

I used to think that Buizel was strongest sinnoh pokemon just because that episode when .Hikari gets one
>>
>>26411919
>Tri Attack which would constantly paralyse/freeze the opponent
>gen 1
>>
>>26412158
Obviously not both at the same time, you fuckstick.
>>
File: Pidgeot_by_Xous54.png (125 KB, 535x544) Image search: [Google]
Pidgeot_by_Xous54.png
125 KB, 535x544
I honestly don't know why I thought he was so great, maybe it's just that I caught him early so he was always a little over leveled? Man I wish I would've had the mindset to go with Dodrio, he's actually pretty good.
>>
File: ylijumala.png (244 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
ylijumala.png
244 KB, 600x451
>>26411919
I had a player's guide for Pokemon Crystal, at the tail end of it there was a Pokedex with entries on all the new gen 2 Pokemon, it had images, move learnsets and a general assessment of their stats (HP, Attack et al) with a rating of 1-3 stars on each. Dunsparce was shown to have three stars in everything, so I decided I would try and train one. I quickly realized it wasn't as impressive as I was led to believe, but to this day I still have a soft spot for the thing.
>>
>>26412244
>a rating of 1-3 stars on each. Dunsparce was shown to have three stars in everything
rused hard
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.